Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine were close enough... enough for a Russian bird. If it was US it would be in the hanger. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
      My repaint is coming along nicely. I'll probably make some waterslide decals later today and finish off the tail before moving on to the wings.

One question though, my elevator servo arms weren't properly centered. Anyone else encounter this? ​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190814_200415.jpg
Views:	1246
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	210299
      I think this happens more than one thinks. Yes, I had an ELE and a Flap servo that was "off" but more importantly, was different than the other side. I tried to remove the servo arm and clock it one tooth over but this made it sit too far the other way, so still no joy. I ended up putting it back the way it was and set it up the best I could. The plane seems to fly OK. The time this will present a problem is if you use full servo travel on full rate. Then one servo could deflect the control surface more or less that the other at full stick. In that case, reduce the servo travel in the direction enough to prevent travel too close to the end point. In the case of elevators and/or AIL, you could play a bit with differential to see if that helps to even out the surfaces travel. Otherwise, you'll just learn to NOT bang the sticks all the way to the ends if it causes a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I think this happens more than one thinks. Yes, I had an ELE and a Flap servo that was "off" but more importantly, was different than the other side. I tried to remove the servo arm and clock it one tooth over but this made it sit too far the other way, so still no joy. I ended up putting it back the way it was and set it up the best I could. The plane seems to fly OK. The time this will present a problem is if you use full servo travel on full rate. Then one servo could deflect the control surface more or less that the other at full stick. In that case, reduce the servo travel in the direction enough to prevent travel too close to the end point. In the case of elevators and/or AIL, you could play a bit with differential to see if that helps to even out the surfaces travel. Otherwise, you'll just learn to NOT bang the sticks all the way to the ends if it causes a problem.
        More than half of my servo arms were off center, easy to recenter them except for the elevator servos that are glued in. I made a small channel in the foam so I could get to the screw, it's on the bottom and no one can see it.
        Definitely not like freewing or fms where they actually took the time to center them (mostly)

Comment

• I've had the problem with quite a few FreeWing, Flight Line and FMS... This plane was okay. In fact it's bee okay about everything. It all works, nothing has failed and none of my servos even buzz. Four more flights today on 6200 and 8000 packs.

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

More than half of my servo arms were off center, easy to recenter them except for the elevator servos that are glued in. I made a small channel in the foam so I could get to the screw, it's on the bottom and no one can see it.
          Definitely not like freewing or fms where they actually took the time to center them (mostly)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            I've had the problem with quite a few FreeWing, Flight Line and FMS... This plane was okay. In fact it's bee okay about everything. It all works, nothing has failed and none of my servos even buzz. Four more flights today on 6200 and 8000 packs.

Mine works great (after I replaced the non functional flap servo), but some of the servos buzz most of the time, even when there's no stress on them. Usually I can make it stop buzzing by just tapping the servo with my finger

Comment

• A lot of people on the Avios Albatros and C-130 threads said their servos buzzed and then would die. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Mine works great (after I replaced the non functional flap servo), but some of the servos buzz most of the time, even when there's no stress on them. Usually I can make it stop buzzing by just tapping the servo with my finger

Comment

• WOW what a journey this has been!! Nothing was easy about this plane aside from getting the clear coat put on... Everything went wrong!!! Sequencer went out which meant I needed to bypass it and removed the inner gear doors which were a real pain for transporting with wings off. Then one of the ports on the Gear Controller board failed which meant I needed a Y (that I actually made at the field) cable to make it work. I didn't have any at the field so had to make on myself. Then while doing a preflight the nose gear and rudder servo stopped working... i didn't want to take any risks with the flap servos so I just glued the flaps in place and left them disconnected. Oh and then to top it off I forgot the LED afterburner controller at home!!! Needless to say it was a pain... but I did get it done! The plane flew great even with the issues noted above. Now I just need to figure out what servos to change out... battery for this flight was a 6s 50c 6200 Hobby Star pack that has bee very well used but still in good shape. After all the set up and the 3 min flight battery was at 3.85v per cell. I hope that this fan holds up because it is very efficient!!
                Attached Files
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Wow.... Congrats bro! What a job.

Comment

• Two more flights on mine this morning. Both were great and I'm starting to get the hang of the landings - only a couple of small, light bounces and one landing was near perfect. I think I may move the battery forward a bit to see if that will improve the landings even more. It's balanced just at the point where if I put it on its tail, it will just stand itself back up on its own. It teeters almost perfectly. I think I'd like a little more weight on the front wheel.

Comment

• I’ve got 7 now and everyone was a butterfly with sore feet landing. Totally amazing. Mines a little more tail heavy. Lift the nose wheel 1” and it sits on its tail.

Comment

• Jason Somes just bought a Mig17

Comment

• Since I don't know who Jason Somes is, this has no significance to me.

Comment

• Hes a big time warbird pilot from Commemorative Air Force at Camarillo Airport which has a airshow this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by Catdog View Post
                              Jason Somes just bought a Mig17
                              Typical FAA..... they think it has a reciprocating engine in the paperwork

Comment

Jason Somes just bought a Mig17
                                Formally it was this......

Attached Files

Comment

• Nope

Comment

Nope
                                    Perhaps you'd explain to me why they both have the same "N" number
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Elevator servo covers can be found here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9555a0d63f8e4c9f958e9132b5a26e7d_preview_featured.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	210653

Comment

• The 3D-printed tail skid (several posts back from RanGee) fits absolutely perfectly.

Name:	20190810_090854.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	210664

Here is my MIG with a friend's F86 today. He was unable to take off in the grass, but the MIG was able to do it. (I used takeoff flaps)

Name:	20190817_133955.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	210662Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_134007.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	210665
                                        Attached Files
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Thanks everyone for designing and sharing all the 3d parts

Comment

Working...
                                          X