Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fun video, takeoff fly by and landing compilation! Turned out pretty cool!
    Get yours here! https://bit.ly/2YrDjqC
    Battery i used: https://bit.ly/2OkiHRn
    Radio I use IX12: https://amzn.to/2ykFXUF

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

I can't help much with the question on the board (My PNP bird came with the board already installed) but I can tell you that everything plugs into a regular receiver and the board does the work of sequencing the gear. Although it seems to be finicky and so I cycle it each time I fly.

The steering servo is mounted on a metal plate (shaped like a "C") that is attached to the strut, so yes, it does swing up and down with the gear. It works well, but that plate can be bent in a hard landing and then the steering will be off-center. That happened to me and it was very easy to straighten it out - but I wasn't very happy with how easily it bent. I noticed HK sells that plate as a spare part. So I ordered one!
      The control board doesnt sequence. There is a sequencer under the battery tray that then plugs into a gear controller. I totallt removed my board and sequencer to eliminate failure points and it has been working well this far!
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

The control board doesnt sequence. There is a sequencer under the battery tray that then plugs into a gear controller. I totallt removed my board and sequencer to eliminate failure points and it has been working well this far!
        You are correct of course, I meant that I plugged everything in to the board and let the model's electronics do the work (the actual sequencer is a separate part that is under the tray). So to refer back to the original question, I didn't need anything additional to make the retracts work.

Of course now I am dealing with the issue that they don't always work all the time, which is a hassle. I put the gear down, fly the base leg then the final approach, and then I see... no gear!! So I have to abort and repeat, which doesn't always work out if your battery is at the redline. Fortunately I haven't conked out. But I came waaaay too close one time and ruined one of my 5000mah batteries. Which is why I am using 6250's now! I am going to definitely consider bypassing the thing completely like you said, Gooniac.
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
          Another fun video, takeoff fly by and landing compilation! Turned out pretty cool!

John, that was very cool!, your cameraman did a great job. But those lamp posts are freaking me out, don't you know that they will reach out and grab your plane? I guess a compact wingspan helps, but man! That's some good flying there man.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Look in to getting fms or Freewing sequencer
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Remember that the retracts in this are not like Free Wing or FMS three wire retracts. They need their own separate controller.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

John, that was very cool!, your cameraman did a great job. But those lamp posts are freaking me out, don't you know that they will reach out and grab your plane? I guess a compact wingspan helps, but man! That's some good flying there man.
                Thanks!

Comment

• Just as an FYI, the Flex Innovations DS12 servos are direct replacements for what comes in the MIG. The DS-12’s are 12g metal gear digital servos. I’ve used them on a few projects and like them.

Attached Files

Comment

• Was at the TORKS Ejets meet (near Columbus Ohio) this weekend and had a great time - and had to eat a big piece of humble pie after flying my MIG. They have a beautiful 800' paved runway and I could not stick the landing - even after 'splaining to everyone here about how I had the model dialed in last weekend. Well, not so much! Each time I came in I had the dreaded bounce - and I would power up to save it from the "sabre dance".... but I had several nasty "landings". It didn't get better in subsequent flights and on the last one bounced bounced bounced and ripped the nose gear out of the mount and one of the main gears completely out of the wing. No airframe damage but it was demoralizing. (I did manage to do just fine with several other planes at the event... but the MIG had to go back into the trailer. And now I'll have to do some repairs.)

When the main gear came out it ripped the wires right out of the retract unit. The whole unit (retract and wheel and plastic cover) is intact.. I'd like to ask the group - do any of you have any insights regarding how to disassemble the metal actuator? I can't figure out how it comes apart.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LG ooops.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	212933

Comment

• Well I figured out how to get the actuator apart. I disassembled the unit to get the worm drive out and I could not get the end cap off.
                      After struggling with it for several hours I finally got it off, its a simple press-on cap that was secured with Loctite.

I really like this all-metal unit. It will be very easy to reattach the wires and reinstall it in the plane (the retract unit was not damaged)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190908_162842.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	212963

Comment

• Well I ordered it the day it came out, and it finally decided to show up in Korea.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• LOL Right on time!!!! Wow. Thank you for your service Sir!!! Enjoy the MIG Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                            LOL Right on time!!!! Wow. Thank you for your service Sir!!! Enjoy the MIG Jerry
                            Feels like they put it on the slowest boat they could find haha! I know it's still fairly new, but it seems like I've watch 50 videos of everybody else flying it! Usually I'm very patient waiting for a new bird, but not with this one lol

Comment

• We have an annual RC Airshow at Reid HIllview Airport in San Jose California once a year and I was so happy to have the mig out there! I had a bunch of teenagers flying with me so I didn't go super wacko with the plane but it was still a blast! I needs a full demo just for itself and I plan to do that sometime... anyway here is the flight...

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                Hi everyone!!! Patrick just shipped my order and sent me pics!!! His 3D stuff looks like a winner! I will post pics and update here when they get to Texas! Excited to add some details!!! Thanks Pat!!! Jerry
                                Has anyone already installed the 3D parts of the cockpit?

Comment

• My recent flights with the Mig-17! Loving this bird and the second flight really shows the afterburner off pretty well! I am offering a do it yourself kit for this where I show you how to make one with existing parts on your plane. You don't have to buy anything from me if you don't want to either! I show you how to do it.. if interested let me know! Take a look...

Comment

• I maidened mine last Sunday and couldn’t believe how well it flew. I’ve been out of flying for a little while and got back into it a couple months ago with the Hobbyzone Aeroscout. I’ve only tried a couple of jets before with mixed results. The MiG looks incredible and I just had to go for it. It looked almost too nice for me to try and fly it and ruin it. I love the slow roll rate. Keeps thing manageable for me. I kinda messed up the landing on the maiden but nailed it on the second flight. Absolutely love this thing.

Comment

• That would be pretty cool to fly with the F86.

Comment

• Work in progress;
                                        - All servo's replaced by Freewing
                                        - Landing and position lights added
                                        - Scale cockpit in place
                                        - wheels and doorsequencer replaced
                                        - AB installed

Time for the paintjob! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190918_200947.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	213895

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          That would be pretty cool to fly with the F86.
                                          The phantom or other vietnam era plane would be more accurate. I don't believe they were around for the f-86....mig 15

Comment

Working...
                                          X