X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=GliderGuy;n221730]
    The bird is FAST and has tons of power. It is considerably faster than my Freewing F-4 Phamtom II. I ended up cruising around at 20% to 30% power most of the time. Apply full power, and you'll be yankin' and bankin' to keep it close enough.
    The 5100 mah battery ends up with 40% charge after a 4 minute flight...mostly crusing, but also with a few loops and/or fast passes. This leaves enough charge for an emergency go around. Also, LiPos will last a lot longer if you don't drain them too low. Leaving 30% to 40% of charge will extend the life of your LiPOs a lot. Without any acro or fast passes, a 4 min, 30 sec flight is a good target and your batteries will love you for this.

The aerodynamically clean design allows the bird to glide without power a LONG, LONG, LONG way. I have no doubt that with half flaps in the summer, it'll thermal soar well.

That the Problem and not Scale-Like for this Airliner

Comment

• Originally posted by HondaJet View Post
      Work in Progress.

Flight Deck Upgrade - Pimp My MAX

2 SilkAir Captains in Command !

Click image for larger version Name:	silk air 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.2 KB ID:	221765
      Awesome Honajet! Welcome to HobbySquawk. Did you get the Silkair decals from Callie?

Comment

• Yes James from Callie.

Your typo ...."HondaJet".... same as RC groups ..... regards Louis

Comment

• More mods: cabin lighting and inside fuse wing/nacelle passenger view cam

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

P.S. The plywood shelf is where I place other birds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AL37_IN_TRUCK.jpg
Views:	1843
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	221732
            I had the same idea, though I had to keep the plywood narrower, or else I couldn't manipulate it into place. I reinforced the plywood with some metal brackets, one of which rests in front of a removable crossbar and keeps the wood from sliding back. I've since added some "eggcarton" foam for the planes to sit on. It not only cushions them a bit from the bumps in the road, but also acts as wheel chocks to keep the planes from rolling.

Comment

• I have a dumb question .... Whats the trick to getting wing decals off the sheet ?

Comment

• urrl, that passenger view cam video is one of the best I have ever seen in these columns -- very nicely done, I almost was checking my seat belt and locating my overhead bags !

Comment

• Originally posted by S.W.Warbirds View Post
                  I have a dumb question .... Whats the trick to getting wing decals off the sheet ?
                  S.W.Warbirds See our decal tutorial at www.youtube.com/motionrc --Near the end we show how to get the decals off the base sheet, if they're not fully adhering to the top clear layer.

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  Here's the video James published onto our YouTube channel, as a tutorial for anyone applying the window decals:

I enjoy reading everyone's maiden comments and seeing all these customizations. I need to see a tow truck, please and thank you!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks I did watch video and got the windows on but I'm having trouble with the black lines & arrows that go on top of wing looks like water decals to me and the pre cut edges dont seem to be fully cut ????? Do I have to cut them out ?

Comment

• OK pulled my head out and got it now

Comment

• Mango Airlines livery freewing Al37 is almost done!

Almost done, few more details. The left side is waiting for the last decal. I still wish to add silver around the windows too. Sadly the weather said rain, our field is closed!

Comment

• Originally posted by the snake View Post
                          Mango Airlines livery freewing Al37 is almost done! Almost done, few more details.
                          TS, I'm hopin' the Flight Crew are wearing Hawaiian Shirts. Outstanding livery, Sir. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Love it!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Mango Airlines livery freewing Al37 is almost done!

Almost done, few more details. The left side is waiting for the last decal. I still wish to add silver around the windows too. Sadly the weather said rain, our field is closed!
                              That'll be a great scheme for visibility in the sky! Looks fantastic!

Comment

• thanks guys, thanks Motion for this, thanks Alpha for making this happen! still waiting for my left side tail art, poor Callie lost money on me because my livery has a different tail art on each side!

Comment

thanks guys, thanks Motion for this, thanks Alpha for making this happen! still waiting for my left side tail art, poor Callie lost money on me because my livery has a different tail art on each side!
                                  Looks great! Have you offered Callie to send an additional payment make up for the difference since she didn't realize the extra decals needed?

Comment

• Well just finished my KC-37 Prototype Tanker. I’ve always wanted a tanker and thanks to Freewing and Motion RC, I’ve got my opportunity now. Special thanks to Andrew O'Laughlin and Callie Soden for all the special details that made the tanker option even a possibility.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                                      Well just finished my KC-37 Prototype Tanker. I’ve always wanted a tanker and thanks to Freewing and Motion RC, I’ve got my opportunity now. Special thanks to Andrew O'Laughlin and Callie Soden for all the special details that made the tanker option even a possibility.
                                      Looking sharp, nice livery choice. Please consider using the photo album feature for future posts, it will allow us to view your photos easier. See below for Photo Album button location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sein1.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	221872

Comment

Well just finished my KC-37 Prototype Tanker. I’ve always wanted a tanker and thanks to Freewing and Motion RC, I’ve got my opportunity now. Special thanks to Andrew O'Laughlin and Callie Soden for all the special details that made the tanker option even a possibility.
                                        Great work! Looking forward to a flight video! Did you use Rustoleum 2X spray paint?

Comment

4C, Outstanding! Great looking bird. Very happy to see this one done in the tanker livery. Which Squadron are you thinking? Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X