Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost done now Callie sending another piece to cover rest of tail ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2828.JPG
Views:	1444
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	221896

Comment

• Hey Alpha, Guys,
      In case you are wondering, the NASA livery was for me! I wanted Callie to do something spurious and we had several examples to work with. Think "Vomit Comet" and you get the drift. Have been super busy tearing down the sprayers for their annuals(spraying is over down here), and I'm building a 95" Seagull B-25, so the AL37 had to wait a bit. Come next week I will start getting her painted and get the graphics on. I've been reading through the posts and have excitedly been watching your photo's go up. Fantastic! Can't wait to get mine assembled and get some pics up on the pages. Don't forget to send Callie pictures of your finished work so she can post them on her site, makes for great advertising and allows others to see what the scheme looks like on that model. Thanks to Alpha and the Team at Motion RC for all their fine work in putting this airliner together, and hope all you fellow members have a wonderful Holiday season. Well, back to hammerin', now where did I put that duct tape?
      Dutchman

Comment

• [QUOTE=Swissjet;n221766]
        Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
        The bird is FAST and has tons of power. It is considerably faster than my Freewing F-4 Phamtom II. I ended up cruising around at 20% to 30% power most of the time. Apply full power, and you'll be yankin' and bankin' to keep it close enough.
        The 5100 mah battery ends up with 40% charge after a 4 minute flight...mostly crusing, but also with a few loops and/or fast passes. This leaves enough charge for an emergency go around. Also, LiPos will last a lot longer if you don't drain them too low. Leaving 30% to 40% of charge will extend the life of your LiPOs a lot. Without any acro or fast passes, a 4 min, 30 sec flight is a good target and your batteries will love you for this.

The aerodynamically clean design allows the bird to glide without power a LONG, LONG, LONG way. I have no doubt that with half flaps in the summer, it'll thermal soar well.

That the Problem and not Scale-Like for this Airliner
        Actually it is very scale for an airliner. An Airliner is one of the cleanest airplanes out there.

Comment

• I was able to pull off a Loop to Landing with the AL37. Need to tweak the settings a bit so I can slow her down more. It was dead calm winds which didn't help the ground speed. Still tweaking the butterfly setup as well.

Comment

• [QUOTE=S.W.Warbirds;n221895]Almost done now Callie sending another piece to cover rest of tail ...QUOTE]

SWW, Yeppers, that'll do. I like it. Well Done, Sir. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• [QUOTE=garlandk;n221899]
              Originally posted by Swissjet View Post

Actually it is very scale for an airliner. An Airliner is one of the cleanest airplanes out there.

I agree. The glide ratio of a Cessna 172 is 9:1 and a 747 is 17:1. A 747 moves forward 17,000 feet for every 1000 feet descended at a glide. Our models are much lighter 'at scale' than the real thing but they behave much like the full scale aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.W.Warbirds View Post
                Almost done now Callie sending another piece to cover rest of tail ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2828.JPG
Views:	1444
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	221896

These planes just look awesome!!! I can't wait to get mine painted and ready to go. Unfortunately Ms. Santa has my fleet grounded until Christmas. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                  Hey Alpha, Guys,
                  In case you are wondering, the NASA livery was for me! I wanted Callie to do something spurious and we had several examples to work with. Think "Vomit Comet" and you get the drift. Have been super busy tearing down the sprayers for their annuals(spraying is over down here), and I'm building a 95" Seagull B-25, so the AL37 had to wait a bit. Come next week I will start getting her painted and get the graphics on. I've been reading through the posts and have excitedly been watching your photo's go up. Fantastic! Can't wait to get mine assembled and get some pics up on the pages. Don't forget to send Callie pictures of your finished work so she can post them on her site, makes for great advertising and allows others to see what the scheme looks like on that model. Thanks to Alpha and the Team at Motion RC for all their fine work in putting this airliner together, and hope all you fellow members have a wonderful Holiday season. Well, back to hammerin', now where did I put that duct tape?
                  Dutchman
                  @Dutchman If you need extra duct tape, just ask. It seems like we go through warehouses of that stuff every year here!

Iron Maiden and Toy Story and Mangoes, oh my... what else are we working on? Poseidon and Tanker and, and, and. It seems Callie has made one of everything by now, or if not, then she will eventually!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Could some who has it . Has the foam been given a base coat of white ?? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
                      Could some who has it . Has the foam been given a base coat of white ?? Thanks
                      Yes, fully painted.

Comment

• Wanted simple yet a bit of color, few more details and we are go ! By Callie.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                          Wanted simple yet a bit of color, few more details and we are go ! By Callie.
                          Looks good. What did you use on the leading edges?

Comment

• Also a question for “ALPHA”.

what’s your thoughts on the 6000 admiral ?? I’m considering getting some for this ?? Or should I stick to more 5000???

Comment

• Here is a link to my build. Like and subscribe. I posted all my pics on the Motion RC Community FB page.

https://youtu.be/NWLGQU4kw2E

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Alpha— You guys have an amazing product here. I know it’s not everyone’s favorite but I enjoyed building this thing sooooo much I really am debating and want to do another. I hope you guys enjoyed all the content I put up and shared. I wanted to try and spark some more excitement.., not like there wasn’t a lot already.

Comment

• WOW! That is fantastic Bmccormick! Excellent work. So far yours and the Mango are the most graphically-oriented. Well done!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Bmccormick View Post
                                    Alpha— You guys have an amazing product here. I know it’s not everyone’s favorite but I enjoyed building this thing sooooo much I really am debating and want to do another. I hope you guys enjoyed all the content I put up and shared. I wanted to try and spark so more excitement.., not like there wasn’t a lot already.

I enjoyed your video on build and you and others have done a wonderful job with this plane !

Comment

• Bmccormick, How can ya not just love that livery?!! Well done indeed. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! Can use all the Duct Tape we can get our hands on! "Keep 'em flying," and all that. This is somewhat the plane I'm trying to replicate, but still old school with the red on the tips and the nacelle stripes.
                                        Dutchman

Comment

• Hello all,
                                          I had to chime in! I’m loving all the different looks everyone is coming up with. I’ve been working all weekend on mine and wanted to share the Fuse. Still have some work to do on the wings, but I couldn’t wait to share. This is without a doubt one of my favorite planes that Motion RC has released. Not just because it’s so different from everything, but seeing how everyone is doing so much to customize them. It’s been raining out here so haven’t been to the field but I’m hoping to see a few AL-37 out there this weekend.

-Gly

Comment

Working...
                                          X