X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Styk View Post
    Any Chance of the EU Customers posting what paint they are using or intending to use. Only reason I'm asking the EU guys is that all the paint that the US guys are using isn't available over here in the EU Thanks
    I used Montana Cans and loved it. And its available all over Europe. It’s a German company. https://www.montana-cans.com/en/storefinder

Comment

• Originally posted by glyrenden View Post

I used Montana Cans and loved it. And its available all over Europe. It’s a German company. https://www.montana-cans.com/en/storefinder
      I am planning on using Montana paint over here in the UK for my British Airways scheme. Would anyone suggest using either of these 2 primers (plastic and polystyrene?)

Montana PRIMER 400ml - Polystyrene

Montana PRIMER 400ml - Plastic

Or is that a moot point as the model is already covered in a thin later of paint.

Delivery scheduled for Monday - cant wait!

Comment

• Aprilia Thanks for your reply Are you talking about the Halfords car spray tins????

Comment

Thanks Checked their website They haven't got a big selection of colours

Comment

• These are so cool. Cant wait for mine. Im still undecided as to livery. I like the American heritage 737s, but the poliished AL wull.present visibility issues. So many choices...

I may see if I can find or print a jetway staircase for when I'm between batteries.

Comment

i uswd Montana cans and found that I could actually mask it with delicate tape. good stuff

Comment

Aprilia Thanks for your reply Are you talking about the Halfords car spray tins????
                Yeah that’s the ones. I’m using fiat Capri blue spray for my BA world scheme
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post

I am going for the same scheme. How has the paint taken? did you use a primer? wondering what grey to go with on the top of the wings also.

Comment

• Could someone tell me the height of the 'Motion RC' logo please?
                    I'm having my own custom logo printed in advance of the plane arriving next week

Comment

Thanks Apriliamgt So you don't think that there will be any issues with compatibility with the EPO foam then?? You planning on priming it before the top coat. Want to get this right as the last thing I want to see is the foam dissolving before my eyes lol

Comment

• A look at the NON-North American airliners, some very interesting graphics, not all 737

Comment

• Comment

Thanks Apriliamgt So you don't think that there will be any issues with compatibility with the EPO foam then?? You planning on priming it before the top coat. Want to get this right as the last thing I want to see is the foam dissolving before my eyes lol
                            As you can see , I brought a test EPO wing I’ve been trying different various paints on.
                            all the paints I’ve used the epo has done well, just spray about 10”-12” away in a sweeping motion and not to close . I’ve found 2 coats with the Halfords blue goes well

also the stock AL37 has a base white paint already , so I’m not going to use a primer .
                            even the bare EPO has come up well

Attached Files

Comment

• If anyone is interested, I had Callie make me some windows with the window shades in various positions. I plan to substitute them for the standard full-up-shade windows randomly. Hopefully they will add another bit of interest and break up that long line of windows.

Now that she has them in her data base she can make them for anyone.

JB

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                If anyone is interested, I had Callie make me some windows with the window shades in various positions. I plan to substitute them for the standard full-up-shade windows randomly. Hopefully they will add another bit of interest and break up that long line of windows.

Now that she has them in her data base she can make them for anyone.

JB
                                That’s a good idea. I wish I had thought of that two weeks ago :).

Comment

Thanks Checked their website They haven't got a big selection of colours
                                  They have 214 colors in just one line. How many more colors are you looking for?

Comment

As you can see , I brought a test EPO wing I’ve been trying different various paints on.
                                    all the paints I’ve used the epo has done well, just spray about 10”-12” away in a sweeping motion and not to close . I’ve found 2 coats with the Halfords blue goes well

also the stock AL37 has a base white paint already , so I’m not going to use a primer .
                                    even the bare EPO has come up well

*please ignore the other pictures * uploaded by accident* if the admin can delete the Iceland air pic and the Hobbyking screen grab. Thanks *
                                    Thanks a lot Apriliamgt for being so helpful and taking the time to answer my questions. Mine is coming on Monday and I've decided to do it out in a Thomas Cook livery. Just waiting on the Decals from Callie
                                    Attached Files

Comment

They have 214 colors in just one line. How many more colors are you looking for?
                                      Thanks glyrenden Much appreciated.......oops........... Just checked the website again. I see them now Thanks for the reply. Who's a silly boy then..........ME lol

Comment

• What would be the best range of Montana Spray paint for the AL 37 as there is 3 different types Gold, Black and a White range Sorry for all the questions

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	222822Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	222821 Here’s something different. Anyone having this problem with their plane, the paint is bubbling up and peeling right offf.

Comment

Working...
                                          X