X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post
    I joined the fuse with the supplied glue, can someone tell me how long it takes for this glue to solidify,
    Since I’ve seen a couple of videos of separation I added another piece of carbon fiber rod the same diameter as supplied on the top side of the fuse. I’m concerned I might have used too much of the supplied tube as the edge seems to be a bit soft to the touch so far. I was going to use epoxy but went with the one supplied.
    I always let mine sit over nite .

Comment

• Originally posted by TannersPOV View Post
      My SWA “Tennessee One” is just a few details from ready to maiden. As always, super impressed with yet another Freewing model. Can’t wait to get her in the air!
      Looks great going out for my Maiden tomorrow

Comment

• Has anybody actually tested CG location marked on the wing. It appears placing admiral 6 S 6000 battery almost right to the CG mark as they show on their flight review in the hanger, the plane is still very nose heavy???

Comment

• Originally posted by arkreal1 View Post
          Has anybody actually tested CG location marked on the wing. It appears placing admiral 6 S 6000 battery almost right to the CG mark as they show on their flight review in the hanger, the plane is still very nose heavy???
          I don't quite understand what you are saying. The CG mark on the plane is where you hold it to balance it. The battery goes wherever it needs to go so that plane balances at those marks (while on a balancer or holding the plane with your two fingers at those marks). Each plane can be different and each battery can be in a different location to balance the plane.
          PS. Where the battery appears to be located in the flight review just happens to be where it needs to be for that battery and for that plane.

Comment

• Thanks for reply, I have the same admiral 6s 6000 and placed it almost the same place as the motion rc review flight guy. ( almost at aft of battery platform) and tried to hold it with my fingers on the location of marked CG and the nose was so heavy that did not even come off the ground? tried to move further back still did not balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by arkreal1 View Post
              Thanks for reply, I have the same admiral 6s 6000 and placed it almost the same place as the motion rc review flight guy. ( almost at aft of battery platform) and tried to hold it with my fingers on the location of marked CG and the nose was so heavy that did not even come off the ground? tried to move further back still did not balance.
              That's interesting. It shouldn't be that different. I'd expect some variation, even with the same battery. Are you holding the plane upside down and with your fingers right on those marks, gear up or down? Others may be able to comment better as mine isn't here yet. I just know with other planes I have, my battery location may not necessarily be anywhere near that shown in flight reviews and videos.

Comment

• Both upside down and right side up, gear down. I have heard they say this plane is a little nose heavy, I have a 6s 5000 also and i will try that one see how it goes. I just want to make sure CG marks are correct before i attempt to fly it.

Comment

• Right at those marks.

Comment

• A little nose heavy is always better for a maiden.
                    PS. A low wing plane should be best balanced upside down.

Take a look at this person's post about his maiden:
                    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• Hey guys, where are you getting your 6c 5000 mah lipo and what brands seem to perform better in your experience.

Comment

Hey guys, where are you getting your 6c 5000 mah lipo and what brands seem to perform better in your experience.
                        I use many different kinds of batteries ...................... Admiral, Gens Ace, Revolectrix, HobbyKing Turnigy Heavt Duty, Hobbyking Turnigy Graphene, ChinaHobbyLine. For EDFs, I prefer to buy the highest "C" rated LiPos I can afford. I'm in Canada and because of that, my sources for LiPo options are more limited than those in the USA.
                        Admiral come from MotionRC, Gens Ace from Gens Ace, Revolectrix from Revolectrix, HobbyKing batteries can come from USA or International warehouses. ChinaHobbyLine from USA or International. I have enough LiPo's to last me for a while now, but when the time comes to get more, I'm going to consider HRB Graphene - 100C. This airliner doesn't really need 100C batteries but I have an EDF VTOL that needs as much as I can give it. Most EDFs will do quite nicely on a 50C. Of course, the stated "C" rating on any battery is quite optimistic. When tested in the real world, actual "C" output is around 1/2 or less of what's written on the battery. The better brands of batteries will perform closer to that real world rating, last more duty cycles, give more punch and maintain that punch for more of the flight and better flight time.

Oh yeah, my favs are the Gens Ace, HK Heavy Duty and HK Graphene. The Admirals are also pretty good and reliable batteries, too. The others on my list haven't been in my possession long enough to really pass judgement on, but they look promising.

Comment

• I received my AL37 yesterday, I couldn't be more impressed with every single aspect of it and I can't wait to start decorating it soon. While assembling It I was quite pleased with the control horns and connecting rods but i did notice something right away that may be common sense to most but I thought it may be worth mentioning here. I applied a small piece of heat shrink tube over the control rods before installing them, and then after the white retaining clip was installed and snapped into place I slid the heat shrink up and over it and shrank it. This way the retaining clip cant pop off. I felt like the clips were a really good design, and I dont expect that they would pop off but since most are going to have around 700 American pesos and a lot of hours in to their planes it seems silly to leave something so trivial.

Comment

• Nebraska Trevor, You nailed it. Absolutely the correct thing to do. Looking forward to seeing pix of your build. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I printed out my graphics today on plain paper and taped them to the plane to prove to myself that they will fit as I had planned. Much cheaper than vinyl and ink and easier to redo. fortunately it all lined up very nicely. I was working of of drawings of the real plane and I can conform what you probably already know, the model is extremely true to scale!Click image for larger version

Name:	Decal3.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	224358
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Maiden went well love the bird ! ...

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  I use many different kinds of batteries ...................... Admiral, Gens Ace, Revolectrix, HobbyKing Turnigy Heavt Duty, Hobbyking Turnigy Graphene, ChinaHobbyLine. For EDFs, I prefer to buy the highest "C" rated LiPos I can afford. I'm in Canada and because of that, my sources for LiPo options are more limited than those in the USA.
                                  Admiral come from MotionRC, Gens Ace from Gens Ace, Revolectrix from Revolectrix, HobbyKing batteries can come from USA or International warehouses. ChinaHobbyLine from USA or International. I have enough LiPo's to last me for a while now, but when the time comes to get more, I'm going to consider HRB Graphene - 100C. This airliner doesn't really need 100C batteries but I have an EDF VTOL that needs as much as I can give it. Most EDFs will do quite nicely on a 50C. Of course, the stated "C" rating on any battery is quite optimistic. When tested in the real world, actual "C" output is around 1/2 or less of what's written on the battery. The better brands of batteries will perform closer to that real world rating, last more duty cycles, give more punch and maintain that punch for more of the flight and better flight time.

Oh yeah, my favs are the Gens Ace, HK Heavy Duty and HK Graphene. The Admirals are also pretty good and reliable batteries, too. The others on my list haven't been in my possession long enough to really pass judgement on, but they look promising.
                                  Thanks Xviper, I have only one other electric a large twin running on 10c per side, only batt I’ve ever used is NanoTech, they’ve performed great for me, but I just checked and the 6c 5000 are a lot more than I remember. Guess I’ll look in EBay.

Comment

Hey guys, where are you getting your 6c 5000 mah lipo and what brands seem to perform better in your experience.
                                    90% of my mine are Admiral which I'm still flying with them 5 years later others Pulse , HRB ( great bang for buck )

Comment

• I work for Motion RC so it's easy for most to assume I am biased but I really have found honestly Admirals have been great batteries for me. I have used dozens and dozens of all sizes through the years and only had 2 that were bad from the start (which yes, were warranty replacements)...There are a lot of decent LiPos out there...Roaring Top are excellent as well. I tend to stick with what I trust which has been Admiral for the past 6 years but there are certainly other brands that can get the job done.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I was looking for a colorful scheme (the sky is not always blue in Belgium) and found out this one from NOK AIR.
                                        Due to time constraint (we have our annual exhibition during the first weekend of February), alternatively I could go with the SUNWING scheme.
                                        Waiting for Callie to know what can be done.

Comment

I like HRB's there's a number of suppliers.

Mike
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X