X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GregC540i View Post
    A fellow club member helped me take some pictures of my Alaska Airlines AL37 flying a few days back with my camera! I really love how real it looks!!! Enjoy these photos!

GC
    Incredible pictures! Looks fantastic!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Looks like plain white is now out of stock in the US. It surely has been a good seller!

Comment

• Ok so who’s going to do it. If I wasn’t a broke shmoe, I’d buy another just to do this one.

gravy

Comment

A fellow club member helped me take some pictures of my Alaska Airlines AL37 flying a few days back with my camera! I really love how real it looks!!! Enjoy these photos!

GC
          Fantastic!! Awesome work you did on the AL37 and your photographer is incredible!! Looks so real.
          What color and brand paint did you use on the wings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nebraska Trevor View Post
            Looks like plain white is now out of stock in the US. It surely has been a good seller!
            That did not take long !

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
              Ok so who’s going to do it. If I wasn’t a broke shmoe, I’d buy another just to do this one.

gravy
              I'm going to give it a shot.
              I just might need to use the FORCE to complete the job tho…
              I hope Callie is up for the challenge!
              Best regards,
              Cris B.
              AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
              NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Im doing the UAL Starwars. Airplane on hand, decals on order. Problem......too cold to start painting.

Comment

GC
                  Awesome pics, looks so realistic!! Can't wait until my C-40 is flying.

Comment

• Over the last two days I’ve got 10 flights on mine. What a fantastic flying plane straight out of the box. Looks so realistic in flight and the landings are a joy. I’m flying mine on a Jeti Assist Rx just to smooth out the little bumps.
                    I’m very impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CptBhern View Post

Fantastic!! Awesome work you did on the AL37 and your photographer is incredible!! Looks so real.
                      What color and brand paint did you use on the wings?
                      I used home depot grey color paint. I believe someone on RC Groups under the top of this very same plane listed the Boeing paint code for the wings. I just chose something that was light grey and it turned out fine. I hand painted the areas I needed to and at the same time color matched the white paint the plane came in.

GC

Comment

• OK...here's a challenge for those of you who have yet to join the fuselage halves together....Adding lighted windows to the AL37. I have successfully completed the proof of concept (see photo).
                        • Must be installed before the two halves of the fuselage are joined to allow access to the back windows. I can't reach that far back to add this to my completed bird.
                        • Very little added weight
                        • Parts are available from www.davesrc.com (buck regulator and dimmer and warm white LED strip plus all the connectors)
                          • Adjustable regulator allows running off the 25V battery directly...output is adjustable to the 12 volts needed - Very little current drain for this set up.
                        • Windows are available from Jewerly Supply, Inc at JewelrySupply.com part number PD012Q Plastic Disc 1/2" clear (100 pcs)
                        • Permanent 1/2 inch glue dot circles are available from Amazon...these are clear.
                        I experimented and found the following:
                        • The 1/4 inch diameter hole for the window can be drilled just above the longitudinal brace/stringer...perfect for not weakening the structure
                        • The fuselage must be painted throughout the inside (no missed spots...or they will glow) with a good flat black Rustoleum to avoid the flying banana appearance from interior lighting glow
                          • You can see where I missed a spot in the photo.
                        • The fuselage is too thick to allow diffuse interior light to get to the windows through the hole. So an LED must be positioned directly in front of each window
                          • An alternative scheme may be to place a plastic fiber optic light pipe in each window and drive off a central LED light source...might avoid the need for the plastic disc covering of a hole.
                        • This will potentially look AWESOME when doing flights on cloudy days and before sunrise/after sunset (see photo).
                        • You may decide to countersink the windows and then paint the exposed foam to the same color as the decals before installing the clear plastic disc.
                          • I didn't countersink the one below...the discs are very thin plastic, not a big deal to leave them just stuck on the fuselage window decal area.
                          • Get 3 meters of the LED light strip...you can always cut it shorter.
                        • Click image for larger version  Name:	AL37 Lighted Windows.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	225671
                        If you decide to add this effect, show some photos. Of course, reserve some of the LED strip for inserting into the cockpit.

Update after additional research....If cladded end-glow fiber optic light pipe is used, no need to paint the inside of the fuselage or use the plastic disc over a hole. The fiber optic fiber fills any hole drilled. Each fiber will originate in a central opaque LED light box and end at a window. AND one can thread fiber to the rearmost windows. I’ve ordered the cladded fiber optic fiber. 10 mm diameter. I’ll let you know how this works.
                        Good luck - G.G.

Comment

• Comment

• Elbee
                            Elbee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A1, Stunningly gorgeous, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB

• SHWING!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Comment

• Those who got the version WITH the decals applied .......................... are the decals stuck on well? Or are they like the paint and can easily peel off (with the paint)?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Those who got the version WITH the decals applied .......................... are the decals stuck on well? Or are they like the paint and can easily peel off (with the paint)?
                                Good question..how easily can a decaled plane be stripped, since this might be an option if blank white versions aren't restocked anytime soon. Perhaps Motion RC could throw in a replacement decal set in the deal ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Pashin View Post

Good question..how easily can a decaled plane be stripped, since this might be an option if blank white versions aren't restocked anytime soon. Perhaps Motion RC could throw in a replacement decal set in the deal ..
                                  It is my understanding that the next production run will be released from the factory around the 15th to the 20th of January. I ask the question about the decals because for my livery, some of it can be saved while, other parts will be either removed or decaled over. I have the Callie graphics already. I just need to inspect them to see if they are dark enough to cover over existing decals or if the original decal will show through.

Comment

• I watched the motion RC new product/jet Unveiling Video today at noon, a T-33 shooting star, 80mm. Slightly smaller than the L 39. I was hoping for something like a business jet to follow the AL 37. I think motion RC set the bar pretty high with the AL 37. Alpha if you’re reading this I hope you have a business jet on the drawing board for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      Those who got the version WITH the decals applied .......................... are the decals stuck on well? Or are they like the paint and can easily peel off (with the paint)?
                                      Its only the tail decal that's applied. Its pretty well stuck down being a water slide decal so there's no pealing it off, you could spray over it though. The window and door stickers are vinyl and for you to apply along with the optional motionRC and flight line graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

Its only the tail decal that's applied. Its pretty well stuck down being a water slide decal so there's no pealing it off, you could spray over it though. The window and door stickers are vinyl and for you to apply along with the optional motionRC and flight line graphics.
                                        Thank you. Very useful information.

Comment

Working...
                                        X