Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFT, No Judgement Here, I like it. Would consider that livery myself, just because there's no bunnies or unicorns. Looks Great. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Go easy on me "Livery Police"

Indyflytime
      It is kick ass... Scale does not apply in this case!!! Great job Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

• Comment

• What's not to love? It's Maiden man! Nice job and welcome to The Squawk!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Welcome Slick! Glad you are here! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Indyflytime View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20200125_180600.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	233752Spoiler alert!!!! I know it's not a 747 Jumbo but I liked the livery. Go easy on me "Livery Police"
              I like it look forward to a " Maiden " video !

Comment

• Originally posted by S.W.Warbirds View Post

I like it look forward to a " Maiden " video !
                I'll be sure to get one. (hopefully soon) :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

NT, okay you have my full attention. Which printer do you use, what type of ink, what film paper, what graphics program? Merry Christmas. Best, LB
                  Notice your doing the NASA scheme are you going to paint the lower 1/2 of the fuse? I thinking of the same scheme and wondering just what color the lower fuse is. Click image for larger version

Name:	Boeing_737-130,_NASA_AN0133892.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	233914

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Notice your doing the NASA scheme are you going to paint the lower 1/2 of the fuse? I thinking of the same scheme and wondering just what color the lower fuse is. Click image for larger version

Name:	Boeing_737-130,_NASA_AN0133892.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	233914

Mike
                    I was not. The plane was in use for several years it would seem, and the paint scheme was changed around a few times. I was planning to just decal the plain white plane and avoid the paint altogether.(as some of the photos I found seem to show) I am sure it would look even better painted though. I took a few liberties and chose the elements from some of the versions I liked the best. More of a "what if" as to what the plane may look like today if NASA for it's hands on a new max. I think the NASA scheme is cool for several reasons but the fact that it was the origional 1st 737 that Boeing ever sold I think it is particularially cool some 10000 airframes later.
                    I do have a complete set of the graphics printed that I would sell as well, pm me if interested, and good luck on your build!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nebraska Trevor View Post

I was not. The plane was in use for several years it would seem, and the paint scheme was changed around a few times. I was planning to just decal the plain white plane and avoid the paint altogether.(as some of the photos I found seem to show) I am sure it would look even better painted though. I took a few liberties and chose the elements from some of the versions I liked the best. More of a "what if" as to what the plane may look like today if NASA for it's hands on a new max. I think the NASA scheme is cool for several reasons but the fact that it was the origional 1st 737 that Boeing ever sold I think it is particularially cool some 10000 airframes later.
                      I do have a complete set of the graphics printed that I would sell as well, pm me if interested, and good luck on your build!
                      Thanks. I'm still on the fence....... might do the United States version

Mike

Comment

• Go Mike!!! Do what you feel Bro!!!!!! Love it!!! Here is a turbine L10-11 I built for a customer... Colors were just close enough!! LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	L1011  2017 Monaville.jpg
Views:	1016
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	233987Click image for larger version

Name:	L1011 Refit May 07 113.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	233988

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          Go Mike!!! Do what you feel Bro!!!!!! Love it!!! Here is a turbine L10-11 I built for a customer... Colors were just close enough!! LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	L1011  2017 Monaville.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	233987Click image for larger version  Name:	L1011 Refit May 07 113.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	233988
                          Slick. Just got shipping notice on mine. Think I'll wait till it's here than make the call on the scheme.

Mike

Comment

• Hi Guys i just got my Al last week and made an unboxing video. in spanish https://youtu.be/iBbfq1YFKYg, also i would like to ask. i want to covered the plane with laminating film to give it more strenght and save it from dings and scratches. have anyonoe done it. wil it affect performance, after laminating i can ither add livery with paint or vinyl. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by davidsai View Post
                              Hi Guys.
                              DS, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". Glad you are here. Have not done what you are suggesting, but please post pictures and descriptions of your methods of how you proceed with this during your build. Would love to see it. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

•  

Comment

• I can remember an old movie where that Gremlin thingy was trying to destroy the plane. I think it was William Shatner, stared in it. Was driving him crazy. LOL. Good call in moving the control rods. Who was that handsome man in the beginning of the clip?

Comment

• Elbee
                                    Elbee commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    LOL, it was a "Twilight Zone" Episode, "There's something on the wing", Yes, Wm Shatner. As a kid, that was pretty scary stuff, suppose it would still be scary... Best, LB

• Just awesome đź‘Ź

Comment

• Originally posted by davidsai View Post
                                    Hi Guys i just got my Al last week and made an unboxing video. in spanish https://youtu.be/iBbfq1YFKYg, also i would like to ask. i want to covered the plane with laminating film to give it more strenght and save it from dings and scratches. have anyonoe done it. wil it affect performance, after laminating i can ither add livery with paint or vinyl. thanks
                                    Hi DS - Something to consider....This plane flexes and bends a lot (especially the wings during acrobatics). I discovered when I put aluminum metal duct tape on the leading edges to simulate slats...creases appeared in several locations in the metal tape which were caused by the flexing/bending of the wing. You can't get rid of them, either. It might be your attempt at lamination will look great before the first flight and be full of creases after the first several flights (especially if you do any acrobatics).
                                    -GG.

Comment

• Totally agree GliderGuy ! I see all of these pics with the l.e. chrome tape, both mylar and aluminum types, having been applied with absolute perfection. So is mine until after a few flights and then the "creases" appear ! No way can you burnish them out of there after that. Figured that it must be due to the foam flexing even though it is impossible to create by hand flexing -- must be high frequency flex in flight ? I would have thought that the mylar chrome tape would flex without wrinkling being a "polymer" but it wrinkles just as bad as the aluminum " A/C Duct tape", at least on my models.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Hi DS - Something to consider....This plane flexes and bends a lot (especially the wings during acrobatics). I discovered when I put aluminum metal duct tape on the leading edges to simulate slats...creases appeared in several locations in the metal tape which were caused by the flexing/bending of the wing. You can't get rid of them, either. It might be your attempt at lamination will look great before the first flight and be full of creases after the first several flights (especially if you do any acrobatics).
                                        -GG.
                                        Thanks for that bit of info, I was about to add the tape my self and what you say makes perfect sense, so no tape for me silver paint instead.

Comment

Working...
                                        X