X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James View Post

Welcome to HobbySquawk LOW AND SLOW Looks like a nice clean setup there. Love it, thanks for sharing
    Thanks James. This is my second AL37 and is a FedEx in the making. Enjoying your videos!

Comment

• Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post

Thanks James. This is my second AL37 and is a FedEx in the making. Enjoying your videos!
      Fantastic! Thanks so much for watching. It's amazing the life these airliners have taken on their own.

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks so much for watching. It's amazing the life these airliners have taken on their own.
        J, You nailed it. I hope that this summer you can post a picture (or more) of a bunch of these models in differing liveries at one of the events MotionRC attends. What a sight that will be. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

•  

Comment

Hey AL37Pilot , can you show us some pictures of your setup? A bit impossible to help without seeing how you have things wired, what receiver you have etc. etc.

But most receivers use this setup Channel 1 - Throttle, 2 - aileron, 3- elevator, 4- rudder, 5- gear, 6- flaps, then some like Futaba have channel 1- aileron, 2- elevator, 3- throttle rest the same as aforementioned.

Welcome to the squawk and show us some pics so we can get you sorted.

Comment

• Damn, does anyone know when the all white version will be back in stock? My livery scheme will get the most smiles!

Comment

• Originally posted by wldecker View Post
                Damn, does anyone know when the all white version will be back in stock? My livery scheme will get the most smiles!
                Very cool !

Comment

• Just called chatted with Wayne from Motion RC, The all-white version Just arrived today, stock will be updated sometime today! Yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by wldecker View Post
                    Damn, does anyone know when the all white version will be back in stock? My livery scheme will get the most smiles!
                    I just got an email the all white was back in stock and ordered mine about 20 minutes ago.

Comment

• Hi all- just joined up the other day. Been out of the hobby for a handful of years and excited to get back to it. Quick question...I looked around and apologize if I missed it, but can anyone share their set up with a camera on this thing? I did some searching for cameras and found the Mobius and RunCam that looked good but I’m not sure the easiest way to mount it and where.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeCV View Post
                        Hi all- just joined up the other day. Been out of the hobby for a handful of years and excited to get back to it. Quick question...I looked around and apologize if I missed it, but can anyone share their set up with a camera on this thing? I did some searching for cameras and found the Mobius and RunCam that looked good but I’m not sure the easiest way to mount it and where.
                        I've been using the runcam 2 now for our Motion videos and such and it still is a great little package. Whenever I mount it I am always using double-sided velcro and haven't lost one. As for mounting on an aircraft, CG is of course important. On the airliner, mounting on the fuselage toward the tail might require you to move the battery forward a bit so always CG before a flight. Mounting on the wing, I usually put it close to the fuselage on the CG line. But if you want to mount it say on a wingtip looking back, you will have to put a counterweight on the opposite wingtip (I've used 2 runcams on opposite wingtips to great effect before.)

But yeah the runcam 2 with some double-sided tape hasn't failed me yet. Just mount the camera and tape in a warm place the night before you fly, if you try to mount the velcro tape on a colder day minutes before you fly, it may not adhere properly.

Welcome to hobbysquawk and happy flying!

Comment

I've been using the runcam 2 now for our Motion videos and such and it still is a great little package. Whenever I mount it I am always using double-sided velcro and haven't lost one. As for mounting on an aircraft, CG is of course important. On the airliner, mounting on the fuselage toward the tail might require you to move the battery forward a bit so always CG before a flight. Mounting on the wing, I usually put it close to the fuselage on the CG line. But if you want to mount it say on a wingtip looking back, you will have to put a counterweight on the opposite wingtip (I've used 2 runcams on opposite wingtips to great effect before.)

But yeah the runcam 2 with some double-sided tape hasn't failed me yet. Just mount the camera and tape in a warm place the night before you fly, if you try to mount the velcro tape on a colder day minutes before you fly, it may not adhere properly.

Welcome to hobbysquawk and happy flying!

Click image for larger version  Name:	F18 runcam.png Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	226904

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	F18 runcam.png Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	226904
                            Busted James!!

My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Busted James!!
                              That what I meant by cold weather. I slapped that one on 5 seconds before we flew. Wasn;t thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Busted James!!
                                Gotta keep him on his toes!

Comment

• Hey all, A friend of mine put together an awesome video on my Southwest AL-37, Thought you all might enjoy it.

Comment

• Welcome to The Squawk! She's a beauty! Well done!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by glyrenden View Post
                                      Hey all, A friend of mine put together an awesome video on my Southwest AL-37, Thought you all might enjoy it.
                                      G, Great Video and super tip on "Montana Cans" paints. I will check it out. Your paint work is outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Love the Southwest theme Glyrenden. Good job! I see a lot of these flying into Seattle over the house.

Comment

• All White back in stock & ordered!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X