Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont worry about Corona virus......we have.rustoleum measles.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Be interested in your set up Avanti127. Using two transducers? I have a system in my Corsair that is coming out, you might convince me to install in my 737 if she sounds better than stock, which isn't bad at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
        Be interested in your set up Avanti127. Using two transducers? I have a system in my Corsair that is coming out, you might convince me to install in my 737 if she sounds better than stock, which isn't bad at all.
        Will do!

Comment

• On the home stretch now. Used a little artistic licence by extending the angled blue paint job on the tail section. Slap on the wings, zero the control surfaces, set rates and flap deflection, add gyro and she's ready to be de-winged and hung up for another couple of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by tp777fo View Post
            Dont worry about Corona virus......we have.rustoleum measles.
            TP, Is that intentional or something on the model before you painted? Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

•  

Comment

• I guess last night I learned a lesson with foam airplanes, they are delicate, I’m a large scale scratch builder and this is my first foam assembly and Im just in awe as how flexible they are and at the same time how delicate. last night I walked into the shop te retrieve my cell phone and accidentally bumped into the port side stab, not a big hit but enough to rip the tip of the stab, after a few choice words I went to the Motion page to order a replacement, and then I said, hold your horses if you can scratch build from scratch you can fix this. So here is my repair, sorry I didn’t take pictures of the damage but here is the fix.
                I used some RC56 canopy glue very reliable great adhesion and wont harm foam, I then took a piece of piano wire warmed it a bit and created a canal, I then slipped a bamboo skew covered in white glue, I drove 2 of them in and filled the crack area with sparkling compound, followed by some 400 grip sanding, problem solved.
                So I then decided to sand the entire plane to remove those ugly injection marks, and smooth out the surface, I also filled the fuse joint to be sanded smooth tomorrow, here is the result of the sanding I think is a big improvement and when painted and clear coated. Sorry I cant get the photos in sequence for the before and after but you can see it on the vertical pictures.

Comment

• Looks like he’s doing the UAL Star Wars plane.

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

TP, Is that intentional or something on the model before you painted? Best, LB

Comment

• Getting closer
                    Attached Files

Comment

• You know Alpha, I'm right there with you mate. Just think so many didn't think an airliner would be popular. It's important to think outside of the box. FYI. I'm loving looking at all the livery's & modifications. My new Navy job has me so busy I can't even look at my models. But I'm loving life.

W

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                        You know Alpha, I'm right there with you mate. Just think so many didn't think an airliner would be popular. It's important to think outside of the box. FYI. I'm loving looking at all the livery's & modifications. My new Navy job has me so busy I can't even look at my models. But I'm loving life.

W
                        Disregard, how do I delete a post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dkurtzid View Post
                          Alpha,

if you’re listening, it seems like a Gulfstream V would be a natural progression after the successful AL 37.
                          A lot of groundbreaking design issues have already been resolved with the freewing A-10 and the AL 37.

Don

Click image for larger version Name:	6AFA4B30-55C3-44E9-8698-C1F8815A6FBD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	234554Click image for larger version Name:	E015907C-942B-4F16-BCC3-29FD34F5282F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	35.4 KB ID:	234556

Click image for larger version Name:	5B864B2F-E0DE-46C6-BE77-E7298171C9E1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	234553Click image for larger version Name:	FC4199C0-6BD3-44E5-9BB8-7BAA9C635C99.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	234555
                          I think a Gulfstream V would be awesome. I think an early model Learjet with the tip tanks would be cool too, (the little one).

W

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post

Are you doing the P8A Poseidon?
                            No if I get around to it, I will do a C-40 Clipper, and a NWA liveries. If and when. Right now I get to play around with the real things, but I still love this model, and intend to get a couple.

W

Back to work.

PS, we haul sailors mostly squadron personal and equipment, but others too. Nuff said..

Comment

• Slowflight Sorry for the bump, but great job fixing it. Filling and sanding is no fun, but worth it in the end! Jerry

Comment

• The fuse joint was filled and sanded, you can see a shadow under but the surface is smooth, I also finished sanding the entire plane with 400 grit and it removed 80% of the snake skin look, I’m confident that with the latex the surface will be very improved, I don’t expect all to disappear but I think is a huge improvement, I know I know this is not a scale plane but why not pretend, and as all that know me can tell you I just cant leave things as they come. Which brings me to another point, I find it very inconvenient having to cycle the gear to install the wing, I store the wings with the gear retracted and I want to assemble the plane and then when I’m ready and all is connected I’ll lower the gear, yes call me anal, anyway I remove a small amount of the wheel well that will allow me to just slide the wing in and out without having to connect the battery and turn on the radio, and is barely noticeable. I also removed all the protruding decal alignment marks, I took some measurements for reference to apply the door decals later, since is a Poseidon there are no side window to worry about except for 1, and the rescues doors.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post
                                  The fuse joint was filled and sanded, you can see a shadow under but the surface is smooth, I also finished sanding the entire plane with 400 grit and it removed 80% of the snake skin look, I’m confident that with the latex the surface will be very improved, I don’t expect all to disappear but I think is a huge improvement, I know I know this is not a scale plane but why not pretend, and as all that know me can tell you I just cant leave things as they come. Which brings me to another point, I find it very inconvenient having to cycle the gear to install the wing, I store the wings with the gear retracted and I want to assemble the plane and then when I’m ready and all is connected I’ll lower the gear, yes call me anal, anyway I remove a small amount of the wheel well that will allow me to just slide the wing in and out without having to connect the battery and turn on the radio, and is barely noticeable. I also removed all the protruding decal alignment marks, I took some measurements for reference to apply the door decals later, since is a Poseidon there are no side window to worry about except for 1, and the rescues doors.
                                  You know this old saying as a lot of truth " YOU CAN PLEASE SOME OF THE PEOPLE MOST OF THE TIME ALL THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME BUT NOT ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME" All kidding aside thanks for sharing, and a nice job on the mods you have done Sir. This is one of the Coolest EDF's on the market today IMO. There are so many things I have seen done to this one it is just unbelievable what some have already done to Improve this one MRC hit this one out of the park Keep em coming MRC. The one I am most impressed with is the KC-135 Tanker the plane is just coolest one I have seen yet. Slowflight you Sir remind me of my older brother. He can't leave well enough alone either. I am one that just can't not assemble it quick enough and go fly.LOL!!!! My bother and I will but the same planes and I will have mine up and flying the same day and almost worn out before he has his all dolled up before he flies it LOL!!!!

Comment

• The various transformations here are incredible! I could never compete. But I bought the decorated version, then decided that I wanted something more scale looking. JetBlue has all different vertical tail decorations, but most of them are blue, so I thought that would be the easiest to do. I converted the white triple bar Motion logo on the tail to the corporate colors and then to make the darker blue stand out, I pin striped it in gold. Just though you guys might enjoy seeing it.

I also eliminated the lower wing tip extensions because of ground clearance issues. And I thought they looked a little Star Warsy. ☺

Comment

• jrfjrf Nice work using what you had on hand!! Very cool!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Glad you are here! Jerry

Comment

• Well I'm going to start on this one using the NASA scheme. I'm really apprehensive about masking it off for paint. The whole bottom needs to be light grey ( as best as I can tell ). Wish me luck. I normally use the 3M blue tape but picked up the yellow frog for delicate surfaces.
                                        Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	Boeing_737-130,_NASA_AN0133892.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	235494
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                          Well I'm going to start on this one using the NASA scheme. I'm really apprehensive about masking it off for paint. The whole bottom needs to be light grey ( as best as I can tell ). Wish me luck. I normally use the 3M blue tape but picked up the yellow frog for delicate surfaces.
                                          Mike Click image for larger version  Name:	Boeing_737-130,_NASA_AN0133892.jpg Views:	6 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	235494
                                          Just take your time. I had a lot of taping off and I used the 3m blue tape and no issues.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X