X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrfjrf View Post
    The various transformations here are incredible! I could never compete. But I bought the decorated version, then decided that I wanted something more scale looking. JetBlue has all different vertical tail decorations, but most of them are blue, so I thought that would be the easiest to do. I converted the white triple bar Motion logo on the tail to the corporate colors and then to make the darker blue stand out, I pin striped it in gold. Just though you guys might enjoy seeing it.

I also eliminated the lower wing tip extensions because of ground clearance issues. And I thought they looked a little Star Warsy. ☺
    Great job man. You did well! I actually like the Vortex Wing extensions.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
      Be interested in your set up Avanti127. Using two transducers? I have a system in my Corsair that is coming out, you might convince me to install in my 737 if she sounds better than stock, which isn't bad at all.
      I installed the sound system tonight. There is plenty of room for everything and as soon as I can get the photos uploaded U will do a review. Going to fly it on Sunday and let you all know how it sounds in the air.

Very impressed with the quality of this system.

Comment

• avanti127 Love the Boeing livery! Was wondering when somebody was going to do that. Great job!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by avanti127 View Post

Just take your time. I had a lot of taping off and I used the 3m blue tape and no issues.
          Nice.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Finally got some pics from the field.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Sweet.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                Be interested in your set up Avanti127. Using two transducers? I have a system in my Corsair that is coming out, you might convince me to install in my 737 if she sounds better than stock, which isn't bad at all.
                Here is the install photo of the SoundWave 3 installation. For the review: The sound quality is excellent. Under cruise it sounds awesome. However under full power the is a mix sound between the real fans and the sound wave generated jet motors. The FW fan are louder than I had expected they would be. Maybe I can build a box around the sound generators that may help increase the volume which I had turned up fully. It does sound awesome though and the startup/shutdown is really good. Maybe if generators were mounted in the wing they would provide a higher lever under power. All in all I would give it 4.5 stars. Quality is really good. If anyone has any suggestions I would be all ears.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is the install photo of the SoundWave 3 installation. For the review: The sound quality is excellent. Under cruise it sounds awesome. However under full power the is a mix sound between the real fans and the sound wave generated jet motors. The FW fan are louder than I had expected they would be. Maybe I can build a box around the sound generators that may help increase the volume which I had turned up fully. It does sound awesome though and the startup/shutdown is really good. Maybe if generators were mounted in the wing they would provide a higher lever under power. All in all I would give it 4.5 stars. Quality is really good. If anyone has any suggestions I would be all ears.
                  If you could mount them directly to a thinner wall of the fuse it may help considerably. On my A-10 I mounted two 4 Ohm exciters in series to the foam in the belly of the fuse under the wing. Foam is about 3/8" thick and they were very loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                    If you could mount them directly to a thinner wall of the fuse it may help considerably. On my A-10 I mounted two 4 Ohm exciters in series to the foam in the belly of the fuse under the wing. Foam is about 3/8" thick and they were very loud.
                    The fuse is too round to mount them directly to the fuse sides that's why I mounted them to the sides and kept the foam to the minimum thickness.

Comment

• avanti127 are you sure that first pic isn't the full scale on final?
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        avanti127 are you sure that first pic isn't the full scale on final?
                        LOL, no it's our home field.

Comment

The fuse is too round to mount them directly to the fuse sides that's why I mounted them to the sides and kept the foam to the minimum thickness.
                          The exciters work by vibrating the surface to which they are attached which in turn vibrates the air. So if the material is too thick it won't flex enough to make the sound extremely loud. A foam thickness of between 3-5mm is ideal. Is it possible to mount one in each wing?

Comment

Here is the install photo of the ShockWave 3 installation. For the review: The sound quality is excellent. Under cruise it sounds awesome. However under full power the is a mix sound between the real fans and the sound wave generated jet motors. The FW fan are louder than I had expected they would be. Maybe I can build a box around the sound generators that may help increase the volume which I had turned up fully. It does sound awesome though and the startup/shutdown is really good. Maybe if generators were mounted in the wing they would provide a higher lever under power. All in all I would give it 4.5 stars. Quality is really good. If anyone has any suggestions I would be all ears.
                            Actually, the board is called ShockWave 3, not SoundWave 3. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Model Sounds Inc. View Post

The exciters work by vibrating the surface to which they are attached which in turn vibrates the air. So if the material is too thick it won't flex enough to make the sound extremely loud. A foam thickness of between 3-5mm is ideal. Is it possible to mount one in each wing?
                              David, my foam is 3mm or less in places but there is an air gap to between it and the fuselage foam so I think this is the issue. I am going to remove that section of foam and contour it as thin as I can to radius the fuse then glue that in to the inside of the fuse. Hoping that will do the trick and I am sure it will improve everything.

Comment

• Will the AL-37 fit the (large and heavy - i.e. 866 gm) HK Panther Graphene 5000 mAH 6S battery? (I'm guessing that it might since it can handle the 6000 mAH Admiral pro @ 844 gm).

If not, is there another aircraft you might recommend that would handle them? (These are shorter, fatter and heavier than my other 5AHh 6S batteries)

I bought two of these thinking they would fit in my new Venom 2, but alas, they don't fit! D'oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                                  Will the AL-37 fit the (large and heavy - i.e. 866 gm) HK Panther Graphene 5000 mAH 6S battery? (I'm guessing that it might since it can handle the 6000 mAH Admiral pro @ 844 gm).

If not, is there another aircraft you might recommend that would handle them? (These are shorter, fatter and heavier than my other 5AHh 6S batteries)

I bought two of these thinking they would fit in my new Venom 2, but alas, they don't fit! D'oh!
                                  I'm going to be using the Revolectrix 5000mah, 6s battery weighing in at 886g. That's what I used to balance it. Mid-800g batteries in the 5000mah size is not unusual. It's been said that with a little battery bay modification, this plane could take 2 x 5000mah batteries.

Comment

• Ready for test flight. May the force be with you!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• And with you! Looks great!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Great job! Good luck on the maiden.
                                        Originally posted by tp777fo View Post
                                        Ready for test flight. May the force be with you!

Comment

•  

Comment

Working...
                                          X