Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-orders are live on the US and EU websites.

Comment

• Just pre-ordered mine!

Bob

Comment

• Ordered mine with full decals as I just want to get it and fly it! I may change the scheme later.

Comment

• So pretty. Any chance on making wing bags available in the store someday?

Comment

• Thank you to everyone who has trusted us again with their hard earned cash to be a part of the first shipment of our Freewing 70mm AL37 Airliner. The response so far even in just a few short hours has been exceptional! I was personally present when the doors were sealed and the shipment departed the factory. For a project like this, it was especially gratifying to see them leave on their way to their new homes and hangars.

Gilatrout That's a good question. We've looked into wing bags in the past, but the MOQs are likely untenable, and, at least for good quality bags, the cost ends up being around 25%-35% the price of the airplane and we're unsure of the appeal. I'm happy to be proven wrong, though. It doesn't help either that there isn't much overlap in wing/fuse volume and overall dimension, so we couldn't offer, say, a generic Small, Medium, and Large bag set. If anyone has any good ideas, I'm listening!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Per-ordered the White version, going to put United Airlines (I’m a A&P with United) livery. Can’t wait to put the bird together, I’ve been waiting for an Airline to come for years.

Comment

• Alpha . I believe you did touch on it alittle regarding cost of production in the podcast.

but how did you manage to get such a large aircraft cheaper than the smaller me262 😱.

I was expecting £500+ here in the UK.

and to add free shipping . Nice touch

Comment

• Ordered mine and requested American Airlines Max 8 decals from Callie
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    Thank you to everyone who has trusted us again with their hard earned cash to be a part of the first shipment of our Freewing 70mm AL37 Airliner. The response so far even in just a few short hours has been exceptional! I was personally present when the doors were sealed and the shipment departed the factory. For a project like this, it was especially gratifying to see them leave on their way to their new homes and hangars.

Gilatrout That's a good question. We've looked into wing bags in the past, but the MOQs are likely untenable, and, at least for good quality bags, the cost ends up being around 25%-35% the price of the airplane and we're unsure of the appeal. I'm happy to be proven wrong, though. It doesn't help either that there isn't much overlap in wing/fuse volume and overall dimension, so we couldn't offer, say, a generic Small, Medium, and Large bag set. If anyone has any good ideas, I'm listening!
                    Im guessing generic large is all most would need/want. Birds like the A10, the Tigercat, this L37 where removing wings for transport are required would benefit most. The part I cant wrap my head around is the nacelles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
                      Alpha . I believe you did touch on it alittle regarding cost of production in the podcast.

but how did you manage to get such a large aircraft cheaper than the smaller me262 😱.

I was expecting £500+ here in the UK.

and to add free shipping . Nice touch
                      Apriliamgt Somewhat cheekily, it's called "artificial deflation", ha. We really believe in jump-starting the Passenger Aircraft category, and it all depends on the success of our first Airliner, so we're digging deeply to entice people to join us on the jetway with a sweetheart price. I think many people will be surprised with the box dimensions for this model, as well. It's an unsung art to puzzle piece a model this size in a small box like this, but it results in real benefits for customers and in this case, us, since we're paying the shipping to most of our major destinations. Enjoy!

Comment

• Ordered all white one. Looking at the specs it looks like it does come with a separate 8a BEC. Is that correct alpha?

gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                          Ordered all white one. Looking at the specs it looks like it does come with a separate 8a BEC. Is that correct alpha?

gravy
                          Yes, Gravy, all PNPs include a separate 5V 8A UBEC. The two ESCs are Y'd together, with its red wire clipped from the factory, so there's no confusion. The 5V 8A UBEC powers the entire aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                            Ordered mine and requested American Airlines Max 8 decals from Callie
                            Sick sense of humor?? ;)

Comment

• Ordered the white version. First decal that'll go on is the GE logo on the nacelles. I work on the LEAP engine :)

Comment

• Does anyone know what Rx the guys were using for the flights at Nall?

And, I would like to see some video of this plane taking off from and landing on grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                  Does anyone know what Rx the guys were using for the flights at Nall?
                                  I'll double check. We're you wondering if the plane was using a stabilized receiver or one without a gyro?

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                    Does anyone know what Rx the guys were using for the flights at Nall?

And, I would like to see some video of this plane taking off from and landing on grass.
                                    James and Wes and Co were flying the AL37s at Joe Nall with an Admiral 10ch Satellite receiver (no gyro).

Comment

• I'd love to fly it with a gyro as it would likely add quite a bit to the realistic smooth flying of a large airliner by lessening the turbulence seen occurring from the wind in the videos.

That would be a fun video to see Motion make with this airliner, a gyro flight with the AL37.

Comment

• Such a beauty! I can't wait for this one, but I will. Gotta let the customer family have first dibs and all!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

James and Wes and Co were flying the AL37s at Joe Nall with an Admiral 10ch Satellite receiver (no gyro).
                                          Perfect, I just happen to have one of those, new in the package, waiting for a plane;-)

My decals from Callie have arrived.

My order for a white version has been placed.

I think I'm ready!

JB

Comment

Working...
                                          X