Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

That’s called “we couldn’t get permission from Boeing to use the name”
    NO! That’s called, you want how much to use your name?
    No &(,;$$! Way!!!!
    I sure hope this is the first of many Airliner EDF’s to come. I’d love to have a Lumpy (B747), or better yet, a B727 Super. But thanks to MRC, we have our first and it’s a WINNER!!!!

Comment

• Question regarding the EDF's on this plane. Is it true that one of the edf's has a reverse blade in it? Or are they both standard running in the same direction?

Thanks,

Greg C

Comment

• Greg C - One EDF in the Airliner does indeed use a reverse rotor. Both EDF use the same motor and same housing but one has a forward 12B fan and the other has a reverse 12B fan so they can spin in opposing directions.

Comment

• I asked Santa for one. no peeking

Comment

• I retired from United and had the honor of flying several of the Boeing airframes.
            The one I liked the best was the Baby Boeing (737) so the AL37 was a must!
            I've ordered the plain white and am going with the new United livery. (No brainer)
            Of course, Callie is doing the graphics.
            Best regards,
            Cris B.
            AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
            NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• If I went with the United theme, I wonder if Callie would do a big one of these to plaster on each side:

Click image for larger version

Name:	il_794xN.272380866.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	217761

Comment

• Nice going! I was wondering a few months ago about rc airliners and didn't really find a whole lot of readily available offerings out there.

Ramy RC is doing a great job building his own... but ain't nobody got time for that, lol. Did indeed saw that Windrider 737 one, but they were selling an apparent last batch of em a while ago. Saw something by 'FlyFly Hobby' or 'FlyHobby' (flyflyhobby.com > jprcgear.com ? Seems they were working on a 787 in some development videos) but ouch, those prices. Seemed that at some point forever ago E-Flite did a rather basic B777 'Super Airliner DF ARF' and Hobby King had an 'A380 EPO PNF', Supreme-Hobby and TianSheng seem to have done a couple of things, but not really anything on the market like it currently. XK / WLToys makes an A380 and there's a cheap no-name 787 as well, but I mean, those really are just silly toys. 3CH. Some shown on the Quadcopter 101 channel. But boy... a good solid rc airliner... hard to come by apparently... not sure why? You'd think it's obvious people would want to fly such a common model they're so familiar with from the grand scale. Shrinking the dimensions with exact scale doesn't really work for a model aircraft, is that it?
                Just glad that there now is a proper rc airliner, available through proper channels! At a fair price! And seems to handle beautifully. Awesome job! Can't wait to see pics of everyone's customized AL37s coming in! Been a few years since I myself indulged in model flying, but I'll definitely will be seeking out a club nearby... really eyeballing this AL37 and the Avanti S (love the wooosh sound it makes!). Freewing gets how to do proper rc planes! Awesome to see!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASCII View Post
                  Nice going!Just glad that there now is a proper rc airliner, available through proper channels! At a fair price! And seems to handle beautifully. Awesome job! Can't wait to see pics of everyone's customized AL37s coming in! Been a few years since I myself indulged in model flying, but I'll definitely will be seeking out a club nearby... really eyeballing this AL37 and the Avanti S (love the wooosh sound it makes!). Freewing gets how to do proper rc planes! Awesome to see!
                  A, Welcome to the "Squawk"! I am likin' your enthusiasm, Sir, and look forward to seeing your work. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    If I went with the United theme, I wonder if Callie would do a big one of these to plaster on each side:

Name:	il_794xN.272380866.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	217761
                    I have seen something close to this in the United preflight office in Denver years ago.
                    Best regards,
                    Cris B.
                    AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                    NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• looks so sweet, great job on this, just unreal. Got 3 in boxes now so it's a someday for me, looking forward to seeing these all tricked out. What a great canvas, thanks for offering her "naked"
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• I always found that VP-BRT particularly stunning...

Name:	VxrGkpO.jpg
Views:	1711
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	217799

Or Roman Abramovic's 'Bandit':

Name:	T03feNR.jpg
Views:	1586
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	217800

Or somehow this translated to 737 design:

Name:	30eeshu.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	217801Click image for larger version

Name:	AqSZU3P.jpg
Views:	1383
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	217802

Comment

• Originally posted by ASCII View Post
                          Nice going! I was wondering a few months ago about rc airliners and didn't really find a whole lot of readily available offerings out there.....
                          ASCII - Welcome! Nice to have you on HobbySquawk!

Comment

• Thanks, dope community. Love reading up on what's gud. :)
                            Big fan of Ramy RC, RC Informer & FliteTest these last few years.
                            Now that I've moved countries, it's time to get some new hobbies going (or well, re-spark old ones).

Had these over a decade ago... to say they didn't fly very well would be an understatement.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	llRIm3j.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	217808Click image for larger version  Name:	d3dHE1Q.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	217809
                            Then switched countries, lived in the big city, nowhere to fly, which turned into rc heli and ultimately quadcopter flying. Joining a club and getting an AL37/Avanti S would get me back flying proper rc aircraft again.

Comment

• The pilots will need new uniforms, Airline pilots don’t have all black uniforms. A nice white shirt will do...

Comment

• Mine will be a C-40A Clipper with the help of Callie. Not a flashy paint scheme but I can take it to warbird fly-ins if I want. Hopefully..... Any opinions about whether it would be allowed at a warbird fly-in or not? I will be using the markings of the older plane.

Comment

• Hello Alpha,
                                  Any chance you will make a 80mm engine nacelles upgrade for this bird? I’d like to ad a few things and that means weight. Also, I think B727/DC-10 (Three Holers) would be an AWESOME next project. You’d only need 2 EDF’s and you could make them 80/90mm. I’d pay whatever you charge for a couple of these or any upcoming 80/90mm Airliners!!!!!

Comment

• Would not be terribly hard to make the larger nacelles yourself.

Cost for a very short production would be obscene.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• How about JT8D nacelles for 50mm edfs?

Comment

• VP-BRT.... Someone, please, make that happen!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post
                                          Mine will be a C-40A Clipper with the help of Callie. Not a flashy paint scheme but I can take it to warbird fly-ins if I want. Hopefully..... Any opinions about whether it would be allowed at a warbird fly-in or not? I will be using the markings of the older plane.
                                          I think doing a P-8 Poseidon would look more the part of a military aircraft and cooler. The P-8 even has 4 hard points so it can be loaded up with missiles or torpedos.
                                          Below are just a few of the P-8 liveries.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P-8 Eagels.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	217895
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P-8 Patron.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.2 KB ID:	217896
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P-8 Graph.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	217897

Comment

Working...
                                          X