• Anyone know the colour TUI use ?? Trying to find a colour match paint

Comment

• Dont know if it is too early but does anyone know the price of the AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Doggie View Post
        Dont know if it is too early but does anyone know the price of the AL
        Hasn't been released yet.

Comment

• Does anyone know the length of the fuselage ? Is it in two detachable parts or only for glueing ? The wingspan is 1,8m...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredardi View Post
            Does anyone know the length of the fuselage ? Is it in two detachable parts or only for glueing ? The wingspan is 1,8m...

It is 78.74" (2000mm). I believe it is in two parts that you glue together.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

It is 78.74" (2000mm). I believe it is in two parts that you glue together.
              I see thank you so for transport the fuselage is a unique piece...

Comment

• I have a feeling some folks will go a different method for the fuselage...Instead of gluing they might create some kind of system that allows them to separate the two halves for easier transport.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• If I get one it will need a purpose:

Click image for larger version

Name:	p8farnborough.jpg
Views:	1797
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	217207

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fireliner-2_1170.jpg
Views:	1757
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	217208

Comment

• As previous mentioned , I’m going down the TUI livery route . I’ve never actually painted the fuselage before and to get the curves required . Any idea or hints how I could achieve this ??

the tail and the winglets are pretty simple .

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
                      As previous mentioned , I’m going down the TUI livery route . I’ve never actually painted the fuselage before and to get the curves required . Any idea or hints how I could achieve this ??

the tail and the winglets are pretty simple .
                      For a model this size, conventional flexible modeling masks like Frisket get expensive. I'd recommend Post-Its, or a large sheet of Post-It paper (low-tac adhesive contact paper) that is precut with your intended curve. The benefit of the curve being so gradual along such a long fuselage is that you can likely comprise the curve with many straight edged Post-Its overlapping each other, then cheating over the sharper angles with crinkled masking tape. Frog Tape (Green color from Home Depot) is also fairly flexible, so I'd think you can mask it with a single long piece of tape that is gradually curved as you go. Tape a trash bag around the perimeter to protect the rest of the fuselage from overspray.

Tip #1 for using any sort of masking tape, whether green Frog tape or blue Painter's tape: Reduce the tack (stickiness) by touching it to your jeans a few times. You want to remove almost all of the stickiness, down to Post-It level of stickiness, which is a safe level that won't pull up the factory paint.

Tip #2: Remove the masking tape within a minute after your paint goes down (depending on whether you airbrushed it or spray painted it). You don't want the paint to dry too much before removing the tape, otherwise you run the risk of pulling up semi-cured paint along the edges.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Great to see you back on here Alpha.

Alpha provided some great tips above, as usual. If I may, I'll add to the already great information regarding painting and tape use. My experience using Yellow Frog Tape is better than Green Frog Tape when painting foam models. The Yellow Frog Tape is designed for delicate surfaces and has low adhesion, while the Green Frog Tape is considered Medium Adhesion. I will still stick the Yellow tape to my pants or shirt 5-10 times before applying to the model to further reduce adhesion of the tape, just to err on the side of caution. The Yellow tape still produces very clean lines, and is relatively easy to remove. When removing the tape, try to remove it slowly, close to the model, and lengthwise from one end to the other, not up and away from the model. I remove the tape similar to how I remove the transfer/installation paper when installing vinyl graphics. Also, Frog Tape is expensive, so use just what you need. For anything that doesn't require delicate handling and low adhesion, use a different cheaper type of tape to mask, such as when masking plastic canopies.

Comment

• I fancy this myself but it could give Callie nightmares.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• The other side.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Never underestimate the power of Callie!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ready to order! Going to be fun!

Comment

• Exclusive updates here on Squawk and on our Newsletter this week, so stay close...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191016_144612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	217406Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191016_144545.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	217407

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    Exclusive updates here on Squawk and on our Newsletter this week, so stay close...

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20191016_144612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	217406Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20191016_144545.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	217407

Comment

• I'm jumping on the RC Afterhours podcast in a few minutes, 9am EST Sunday. Join us for live YouTube chat and a live podcast, as long as my VPN holds steady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7v-...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Hey alpha can you post a picture of how you fit it in a small car? I have a Honda Accord and can’t buy it unless it fits

Comment

• Can we have a picture inside the cockpit to see the pilot figures and detailing? In one of the announcement videos, supposedly the pilot figures were said to have suits and ties on.

Comment

Working...
                                          X