X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha,

if you’re listening, it seems like a Gulfstream V would be a natural progression after the successful AL 37.
    A lot of groundbreaking design issues have already been resolved with the freewing A-10 and the AL 37.

Don

Click image for larger version  Name:	6AFA4B30-55C3-44E9-8698-C1F8815A6FBD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	234554Click image for larger version  Name:	E015907C-942B-4F16-BCC3-29FD34F5282F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	35.4 KB ID:	234556

Click image for larger version  Name:	5B864B2F-E0DE-46C6-BE77-E7298171C9E1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	234553Click image for larger version  Name:	FC4199C0-6BD3-44E5-9BB8-7BAA9C635C99.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	234555

Comment

• It has been a long time coming, but here is my AL-37. She is in Southwest Airlines N955WN "Arizona One". This was probably my toughest paint scheme to date. Decals by Callie Graphics, of course! Maiden soon...

Bob
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267.jpeg
Views:	1259
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	234576

Comment

• Originally posted by OsideRCflyer View Post
        AL-37 to P-8 Poseidon conversion. 3D printed dozens of fins and blisters, radome, targeting ball, pylons, engine nozzles, weapons and new wingtips.
        That is an amazing job. I am going to do the P-8 but Canadian markings. I have just ordered the AL37 but I do have a 3D printer. I am interested in the files if you are will to offer them up for a price. I hope Callie has installed another Vinyl cutter or three to help out with deliveries :-)

Go Navy!

Brent

Comment

• Can someone tell what the 2 extra lighting wires connected to the blue box with long leads and pushed into the wing root are for?

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
            Can someone tell what the 2 extra lighting wires connected to the blue box with long leads and pushed into the wing root are for?
            I haven't put my wings on yet but I believe those are to connect the corresponding wires in the wing that goes to the lights. Take a look at the fat ends of the wings and you'll see one set of 2 conductor wires in each.

Comment

• I haven't run a multimeter over them, but guessed they were for the sequenced lights near the root of the wing, hence why the connect to the blue box and not the main wing connector.

Comment

• I don't use them and all lights seem to be working. I think I may have tested them and they seemed to be blinking so I left them alone. Might come in handy if I want to change out the solid tail lights.

Comment

• Just a comment on the use of aluminium tape on the leading edges, I tried it on other aircraft as it looks very cool, BUT, any dings or dents it gets are permanent and after a bit it will look like crap. I found some silver self stick vinyl and it works like a charm.
                  It also is forgiving of getting banged and bruised and will conform to shapes better than the tape.

Comment

• Pictures of the First Flight of my AL37 made into a Kc-135.

Video below:

Flight went perfect, the new Double Bogie Struts did exceedingly well for custom made.

Thanks for all who helped this project
                    J.M. Burulcich- Motion Rc and Freewing (Airframe)
                    Tom Mansell - Landing gear mod- 3d design work
                    Shawn Sagen- pictures taken
                    Callie Soden- Decals
                    Andrew O'L
                    Attached Files

Comment

• 4923crew That is just sooooo fantastic Bro!!! Bravo!!! Great, great job... Can it hover??? Love it!! Jerry

Comment

• Incredibly impressive! Really fine work there 4923crew !
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I agree you are making all of us Incredibly impressed I have had 5 guys call me and ask me if I had seen your C-135. I use to work out by Ellsworth AFB here in SD. Also watched them refuel the B-52 years ago north of Alzada Montana, years ago while i was still working for Cat. still working on mine

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                            Can someone tell what the 2 extra lighting wires connected to the blue box with long leads and pushed into the wing root are for?
                            OK, the wing tips have 2 lights in each housing. The inner ones are solid (one side is green, the other is red). The outer ones are white and they blink. It is this light on each side that the dangling connector is for. If you don't plug them in, you will think that ALL the lights work. Plug it in on each side and you will see. That ones on the wing root are white and they only come on when the gear goes down.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              OK, the wing tips have 2 lights in each housing. The inner ones are solid (one side is green, the other is red). The outer ones are white and they blink. It is this light on each side that the dangling connector is for. If you don't plug them in, you will think that ALL the lights work. Plug it in on each side and you will see. That ones on the wing root are white and they only come on when the gear goes down.
                              The wing has Landing lights, Anti-k lights and Marking lights (Red-Green). The one you speak of is the one in between the engine and the fuselage.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                                Pictures of the First Flight of my AL37 made into a Kc-135.
                                4C, Picture #234807, the shot from slightly below and aft with extended boom is my fave. Great execution of a true USAF workhorse. Outstanding. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finally got her out for some pictures and taxi. I'm pulling the gyro out then checking CG and getting it in the air!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

The wing has Landing lights, Anti-k lights and Marking lights (Red-Green). The one you speak of is the one in between the engine and the fuselage.
                                    Not on mine (meaning the landing lights are not controlled by those loose connectors). The one between the engine and the fuse is white and comes on when the gear goes down. Yes, those are the landing lights BUT, the loose, solitary 2-conductor, mated plugs, work the outboard blinking tip lights (I believe those are the wires that MANFRED asked about). It's like on the real 737 when it comes in for a landing. You see them particularly at night, head-on. They are like the headlights on a car. The ones I (and MANFRED) speak of are the loose connectors - the one on the wing root is the one that's shipped with the end pushed into the spar hole; the one on the fuse is the one that's pushed into the a foam slot near where all the other loose ends are pushed in. The two ends are mated - one is male, the other female. When the plane is powered up, with the multi-plug plugged in and then you plug those loose, 2-conductor, mated plugs together, you will see the outer wing tip lights come one and they blink. All the lights on the wing are controlled through the multi-plug EXCEPT the very end lights on the wing tips.
                                    Just so we're all talking about the same thing:
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3526.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	234883Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3528.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	234884Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3527.JPG Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	234885

Comment

• You guys are making my year with all these refinishes, conversions, and customizations!

LowandSlow I like your sharp masking work on the underside fuselage's silver. It contours well around the mid-section, which isn't easy to do.

Dkurtzid We have similar tastes!

borntoolate Seemingly seamless transitions between paint and decals on your full coverage bird, Bob. Exceptional, as always!
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I purchased Model Sounds Inc. Sound system for the my Max. Hope to have it installed tomorrow. I will take pics of where I mounted everything and how it performs.

Comment

Pictures of the First Flight of my AL37 made into a Kc-135.

Video below:

Flight went perfect, the new Double Bogie Struts did exceedingly well for custom made.

Thanks for all who helped this project
                                          J.M. Burulcich- Motion Rc and Freewing (Airframe)
                                          The extra weight of the 2 additional engines and the main retracts obviously had no effect on the flight characteristics so I am going to start flying mine with twin 5200 batteries.

Tom Mansell - Landing gear mod- 3d design work
                                          Shawn Sagen- pictures taken
                                          Callie Soden- Decals
                                          Andrew O'L

Comment

Working...
                                          X