Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this paint scheme while looking thru some pics of grounded Max's online. Not a ton of info out there but apparently raynair is rebranding their airline in spain and it will now be called BUZZ airlines. I worked up these sketches based on the very few pictures that I could find, I still need to come up with some designs to mimic the wingtips but I thought I would post the drawing up here. It could make for a pretty fun design I think. Thoughts? If there is any interest I will print them out and confirm fit, and then offer the decals for sale. Click image for larger version

Name:	BuzzPreview.jpg
Views:	1215
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	226404

Comment

• Got some good flights this morning! My landings need to be smoother. A bunch of take offs and landings in this video. Thanks for watching!

GregC

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill400 View Post
        Hi Folks,
        New to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions on this model.....
        Do you think the winglets are modifiable, in as much as removing the lower section to get it more like a - 800 series aeroplane and, does anyone know how I can get hold of the model in the U. K.?
        Bill the winglets are easily modifiable, I sawed of the lower part and sanded smooth the area then added some filler and sanded it again, once primed I’ll sanded some again, there are other that have done the same on this pages.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Does sawing off the lower winglet make this plane fly any different? Better? Worse? No change?

Comment

• If you are set up for printing, I posted the NG style winglets on thingiverse. They clip on using the same mechanism as the standard ones.

This is a replacement winglet for the Freewing AL37, which more closely resembles the 737-800 style winglet. The upload contains a single winglet - mirror the mesh on the appropriate axis to print a pair. Also print two of the clips, these glue into the recess on the winglet and allow them to attach as per the standard ones. Take note of the orientation in the attached photo. I recommend printing with the trailing edge on the print surface to avoid the use of supports. Use a raft or a brim as appropriate to achieve the necessary bed adhesion. Photo attached of how it appeared in my slicer. You cant print this with low infill and single outer walls to keep the weight down.

I can't tell you if it flies different to the scimitar winglets as I've not flown with them - but I can confirm it's a bad idea attaching an action camera to the base of the winglet lol. A great shot, but the plane flew really sketchy... so they do have some sort of aerodynamic impact.

Comment

• Any idea how long it may take before the all white is back in stock?
              thanks!
              Roy Mayoral

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post

Bill the winglets are easily modifiable, I sawed of the lower part and sanded smooth the area then added some filler and sanded it again, once primed I’ll sanded some again, there are other that have done the same on this pages.
                Thanks Slowflight! Info much appreciated 👍

Comment

• Hi pilots! I got my AL37 for Christmas and I'm still pretty amateur. I need some help with the wiring!! Any suggestions on videos or such? I also bought a gyro with it, so I need to wire that as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Here is my setup. Aileron elevator and rudder outputs from the receiver go to the inputs 1,2 and 3 of the gyro. Outputs 1 (Aileron), 2 (Elevator) and 3 (Rudder) of the gyro go to the inputs of the blue box marked as such.
                    The mode input plugs to a spare channel of your receiver and programmed to turn the gyro on and off with a switch. Not much help but will give you an idea.

Comment

• So I discovered I do not need a gyro because my reciever has one built in...
                      anyway, I cant get the landing gear to go down, flaps, my elevators arent working right... any help?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Does sawing off the lower winglet make this plane fly any different? Better? Worse? No change?
                        Look thru this thread I recall someone flying it with no winglets he claimed it flies better without them on cross wind conditions,, you may want to check the Facebook Motion page can't remember if it was there I saw it, there was a video also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post

Look thru this thread I recall someone flying it with no winglets he claimed it flies better without them on cross wind conditions,, you may want to check the Facebook Motion page can't remember if it was there I saw it, there was a video also.
                          I'll check again but I don't recall Motion put out a video showing this plane being flown without the winglets. I like the winglets but I can do without the lower ones and I'll put a gyro on it to see if it will take out the cross wind "waddle".

Comment

I'll check again but I don't recall Motion put out a video showing this plane being flown without the winglets. I like the winglets but I can do without the lower ones and I'll put a gyro on it to see if it will take out the cross wind "waddle".
                            It's a big plane with extremely light wing loading - she's never going to deal well with cross winds. Some pilots like that kind of thing... not me lol. It's not a bad thing, just need to pick your days.

I have relatively high As3x gains (like 70% on the roll axis) and she still moves around a fair bit in the slightest of breezes. That said the airframe has incredible roll stability so it rights itself pretty well, gyro or not.

Comment

• Successfully maiden on #2, this one in a 737 Max 8 Southwest scheme. Such a great flying circle flyer. Please excuse the rough landing.

https://youtu.be/6ridt7EGzXQ Click image for larger version

Name:	0105201510a~2.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	226621

Comment

Viper search on FB for Motion RC Customer Community is a different page. I know what you mean I find the lower singles ugly. There is also a Pan Am here with them removed.

Comment

• I want to do the logo lights on the tail. Where can I find the leds. I can make the cover. Much thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post
                                    Here is my setup. Aileron elevator and rudder outputs from the receiver go to the inputs 1,2 and 3 of the gyro. Outputs 1 (Aileron), 2 (Elevator) and 3 (Rudder) of the gyro go to the inputs of the blue box marked as such.
                                    The mode input plugs to a spare channel of your receiver and programmed to turn the gyro on and off with a switch. Not much help but will give you an idea.
                                    Welcome to HobbySquawk LOW AND SLOW Looks like a nice clean setup there. Love it, thanks for sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by AL37Pilot View Post
                                      So I discovered I do not need a gyro because my reciever has one built in...
                                      anyway, I cant get the landing gear to go down, flaps, my elevators arent working right... any help?
                                      Hey AL37Pilot , can you show us some pictures of your setup? A bit impossible to help without seeing how you have things wired, what receiver you have etc. etc.

But most receivers use this setup Channel 1 - Throttle, 2 - aileron, 3- elevator, 4- rudder, 5- gear, 6- flaps, then some like Futaba have channel 1- aileron, 2- elevator, 3- throttle rest the same as aforementioned.

Welcome to the squawk and show us some pics so we can get you sorted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Great design/illustrations! I will be rocking the stock scheme for awhile (I have a personal investment in it, lol) but when I am ready I am going to turn her into this livery:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	2636
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	215245
                                        Maple Valley?! Hell your close to me, where do you fly? Geysers? Hawks?

Seth in Auburn

Comment

• Wow! Close indeed! I actually fly at a school near by. Haven't flown at Geyser or Hawks in years...Mainly because the fields aren't great for EDFs...
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X