X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swarick View Post

What kind of cameras did you use for your onboard video. I like the crisp video.

Rick
    Mobius Mini. I've been pleased with the image quality from these little cams.

JB

Comment

• 2nd trip out with the AL-37 ...

Comment

• Last of 4 flights this morning.

Comment

• Was getting ready to set it up to do maiden flight, notice one of the fan motors is not spinning. I took it apart and motor was making clicking noise but not working. Checked the other motor on both side to make sure ESC was not bad. The other engine worked on both ESC. Called Motion rc and they first saying that these motors are very reliable and this is very isolated problem. They asked me to return the motor and they will replace it. I am glad this did not happen on flight but have lost little confidence on these motors????

Comment

• Originally posted by arkreal1 View Post
            Was getting ready to set it up to do maiden flight, notice one of the fan motors is not spinning. I took it apart and motor was making clicking noise but not working. Checked the other motor on both side to make sure ESC was not bad. The other engine worked on both ESC. Called Motion rc and they first saying that these motors are very reliable and this is very isolated problem. They asked me to return the motor and they will replace it. I am glad this did not happen on flight but have lost little confidence on these motors????
            No reason to lose confidence. You did exactly what you should have. Did a pre-flight check and found an issue prior to takeoff. In this hobby, there will always be a few lemons in motors, receivers etc for whatever reason and that's why we take care of you when these things happen. I'm sure a good number of pilots flying their airliners now are close to 100 flights or more and the motors have been used in many freewing jets to great success. But nothing is perfect and you caught it before it caused you a bigger headache.

Swap that new motor in and prepare for takeoff!

Comment

• There was a burning smell from one of my fans right out of the box but it ran OK. Had quite a few flights so far but I ordered a new fan anyway. I will replace it as soon as it arrives.

Comment

• Glad to hear no body has had motor issue as far as we know so far. Will get it up in the air as soon as I receive the new motor.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I too have in my possession one of these very sweet planes. I did have a WR737 but it met a rather untimely demise that I still am trying to figure out what exactly happened. This plane has everything I
                  did to the WR, saving months of work, and is coming in so far at 3 lbs lighter. I plan on the same Canadian North livery as I had my last 737, and the decals are on there way from Callie.
                  I'll include a photo of my previous jet.
                  I'm excited to get this one in the air as everyone is saying what a nice flyer it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Freak View Post
                    Hello everyone, I too have in my possession one of these very sweet planes. I'm excited to get this one in the air as everyone is saying what a nice flyer it is.
                    SF, Welcome aboard, Sir. Well done. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just about fits in the car . This is in a seat leon

Comment

• I have 2 sets of PANAM stickers printed, masked and ready to ship if anybody is interested. $36 shipped within the US. They are printed on clear vinyl and will need to be applied to a plain white AL37. They are intended to compliment the door and window stickers that came with your plane from motion, no additional doors or windows are included. The decals shown in the 3rd picture will be carefully shipped with a paper transfer tape applied to the front of them. For purposes of these photos the stickers were just pinned on to my AL37 so they may not look perfectly flat. you can apply them wet if desired but these are simple enough that Dry application should be the way to go and as long as you are careful they should look great. Thanks for looking!
                        Attached Files

Comment

•  

Comment

• I got in three more flights today. It is a fun plane to fly and the folks at my club love to watch it in the air.

JB

Comment

• Some great conditions yesterday. Couldn’t ask for more!

Comment

• Another great day of flying but this time at a different club with a super long and smooth runway. Better footage. Full length videos have been uploaded onto my YouTube account, but here is a link to just the take offs and landings.

Thanks for watching!

GregC

Comment

• Wow love the clarity! Nice work (you too urrl as usual)...Where did you place the cam? And what cam did you use?
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by CeeKay View Post
                                    My AL-37 finally arrived this morning. Almost perfect apart from the paint peeling off at the point where the fuselage joins.
                                    Any advice how to stick this back down? I'm thinking a couple of coats of varnish to stick and seal it back in place.
                                    I have started working on my airliner (finally) and I am having the peeling paint issue. It is where the two fuselage pieces are joined, but only the rear portion is peeling.

Bob

Comment

• Hi Folks,
                                      New to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions on this model.....
                                      Do you think the winglets are modifiable, in as much as removing the lower section to get it more like a - 800 series aeroplane and, does anyone know how I can get hold of the model in the U. K.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill400 View Post
                                        Hi Folks,
                                        New to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions on this model.....
                                        Do you think the winglets are modifiable, in as much as removing the lower section to get it more like a - 800 series aeroplane and, does anyone know how I can get hold of the model in the U. K.?
                                        Yes there are some who have made that mod already & I believe Motion has a UK warehouse now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill400 View Post
                                          Hi Folks, New to the forum.
                                          B4, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk"! Many good people here with a great deal of knowledge. Glad you are here, too. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X