Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here. I have had plans for about 3 weeks. Waiting for my battery. Also ordered livery from Callie and waiting for them to get here to finish this beast
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky crack View Post
      New here. I have had plans for about 3 weeks. Waiting for my battery. Also ordered livery from Callie and waiting for them to get here to finish this beast
      Welcome to the Squawk Ricky! Thanks for posting, can't wait to see what scheme you went with!

Comment

• Well I was keeping it on the downlow
        Attached Files

Comment

• Ricky crack Love it! no more pics til she's complete!

Comment

•  

Comment

Well I was keeping it on the downlow
              Ricky, that's a super fun livery! I was looking into that one when I first started searching for unique liveries. I'm glad Callie now has it in her arsenal... Minion Airlines, where instead of chips & peanuts they serve Banana & Potato!!! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingBear78 View Post

Ricky, that's a super fun livery! I was looking into that one when I first started searching for unique liveries. I'm glad Callie now has it in her arsenal... Minion Airlines, where instead of chips & peanuts they serve Banana & Potato!!! lol
                Which one did you go with

Comment

Which one did you go with
                  Hey Rick, these are the two I'll be doing. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_175130.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	226290Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_175208.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	226291

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingBear78 View Post

Hey Rick, these are the two I'll be doing. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_175130.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	226290Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_175208.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	226291
                    Wow. Very nice

Comment

• Long time listener, first time caller. Hi all, you've probably seen me spamming content around the traps but thought I'd join the fun on the official forums too.

Have about a dozen flights under my belt on the AL37. Fairly limited access to the flying field, combined with difficult (incredibly hot) weather here and other planes to fly mean she hasnt seen as much action as she would like. Absolutely adore this jet - for the record, seeing the video of james doing grass ops was the instant I clicked buy, so pleased that freewing continues to look after those of us who dont have access to tarmac. Not an everyday flyer for me as it occupies a lot of space in the ute - more a 'special occasions' jet for goldilocks temps and calm winds.

Anyway, here's how she came up in a special 'movember' Qantas livery (reference pic below). Part of the project involved learning the ropes on a vinyl cutter and doing my own decals. Another little twist on the plane was designing and printing some 737-800/NG style winglets.

Comment

• mshagg Welcome to the forum and Fantastic job on your AL37 mate! Looks great both in flight and on the ground. Hope you're not affected by the wildfires down under. Can't wait to set mines up and take her to the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                          Long time listener, first time caller. Hi all.
                          MS, Welcome officially, then, to Hobby Squawk. Your livery is outstanding. Glad you're here. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Only thing better than one is two. My son Ryan picked the easy choice for him. I did the P-8A.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Boy it's a shame this model wasn't a hit or anything.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• They are all looking great & paint is done on plane 2 just waiting on Callie for new scheme .

Comment

• Hi Guys im from Mexico And Already bought this baby but i want to make this plane from AEROMEXICO airlines ,somebody has the decals designer contact for this plane ?
                                  regards .

Comment

• Originally posted by HOBBY DEPOT View Post
                                    Hi Guys im from Mexico And Already bought this baby but i want to make this plane from AEROMEXICO airlines ,somebody has the decals designer contact for this plane ?
                                    regards .
                                    Nice! Go to Callie Graphics with images of the Livery you are after, she will sort you out.

Comment

• Has anyone had motor bearing problems? Estimated number of flights on the bird = 300. My right motor has gradually increased noise output over the last few weeks. It is now so loud, even at 1/3 throttle at high altitudes, it sounds like a screaming banshee. No more flights until the replacement motor arrives! No vibration, no visual defects on the fan blades, not running hot...cool to the touch after a flight. I even set the timing on the ESC to different values to see if that had any effect. It did not. I assume the increasing sound means a total bearing failure is imminent. The only thing I have noticed is that the noisy right engine spins down a tiny bit faster than the still-quiet left engine when I chop the throttle.

By the way...here is the link to the ESC programming manual from the MRC webpage https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...brushless-escs The manual is here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf

Comment

• 300 flights in two months - no wonder she requires some maintenance ! Fan not loose on its shaft and slipping at full throttle ? Trying out your clip on RF Chokes in my A-10 and F-18.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                                          300 flights in two months - no wonder she requires some maintenance ! Fan not loose on its shaft and slipping at full throttle ? Trying out your clip on RF Chokes in my A-10 and F-18.
                                          Thanks - I checked the fan-on-shaft tightness...all rock solid. My 90 mm F-4 has a ton of flights on it as well, and has had no issues with its motor bearing. Just curious if the 70 mm bearing going bad is atypical from what others have experienced on other planes powered by this motor.

Here are some photos of the RF choke installation on the AL37. So far, no radio glitch issues at all with these installed. Like I said before, it couldn't hurt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3069.jpg
Views:	918
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	226395Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3068.JPG
Views:	878
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	226396

Comment

Working...
                                          X