X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post

That's outstanding great job, do you happen to know the name of the gray you used?
    I used Behr Premium Plus Latex(high gloss). The color is Dark Storm Cloud but don't buy that color!!! It was too dark and I ended up mixing some of the pure white in with it that I used on the upper parts of the plane. I would go a shade or two lighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Model Sounds Inc. View Post

The sound system I am offering for this model comes with two 2inch exciters, so they are small and very light weight.
      MS, Caught sight of your New Banner Ad here at the "Squawk". Well done, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Al 37 in Southwest Airlines livery , Calli Graphics included

Comment

• Welcome!!! Glad you are here! Beautiful job! Jerry

Comment

• Hi all,

This is my first post. I'm working on an AL37 with the Southwest scheme. A few pages ago someone asked about paint and many replied, but I wanted to share that Home Depot will match colors.

So that I could get an accurate match, I found a Daron Trading model of a 737 Max8 on Amazon. I figured it would be useful to locate all the decals and match schemes and would be pretty cool to display alongside the AL37! I took the model to Home Depot and they were able to match the blue from the model as well as the grey color for the wings using Behr Exterior latex paint. I have used thinned latex to paint other models through a sprayer and it seems to work well. I've also had them match several planes painted out of the box, so I can have touch-up paint. The sample sizes of the latex paint are between $4 and $6 dollars depending on the color. I haven't painted yet as I'm still working on masking and removing parts that don't need paint, but I think it will go well.

Hope this info helps.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Jimstan65 and Raptorflyr! Love your Southwest Airlines Jim! Thanks for the input Raptor, great first post!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimstan65 View Post
                Al 37 in Southwest Airlines livery , Callie Graphics included
                J65, Wow. She is a beautiful thing. Good job, Sir and Welcome to 'The Squawk'. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

•  

Comment

• urrl, You have a meeting with the NTSB at 1630. You might want to bring an attorney and your Union Rep. That is all. Best, LB...oh yeah, hilarious video, loved the Denzel references.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Yesterday, 07:15 PM
                      4923crew, I checked Hobby King, and the double bogie struts are discontinued... Do you have a source?

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	F389197E-3A6C-4483-9C05-356C164DF564.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	233468

Saw someone mention using aluminum metal duct tape for leading edge slats. Thought I’d try it.
                        Easy and looks realistic! Now to finish the rest of the wing and the other wing.
                        - GG

Comment

• For you guys doing the PA8 Poseidon versión as I am here is a little inspirational video, it almost looks like a model flying with all those tight turns.

Comment

• Finally done! Mix of Callie Graphics and airbrush.Tail light and leading edge mods done. Hopefully maiden next weekend..

Comment

• Howdy from Texas PP!!! That is just stunningly beautiful Bro!!! Love it!! Best luck on your maiden and beyond!! Glad you are here!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Pashin View Post
                                Finally done! Mix of Callie Graphics and airbrush.Tail light and leading edge mods done. Hopefully maiden next weekend..
                                Looks great!
                                What specifically was the leading edge Mods?

Don

Comment

• Purple Pashin I am so heartened to see your refinished, bird, thank you! This was the livery that I had in my mind when developing this bird, mostly because of my family's connection to Pualani in the 70s.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• GORGEOUS!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                      Purple Pashin I am so heartened to see your refinished, bird, thank you! This was the livery that I had in my mind when developing this bird, mostly because of my family's connection to Pualani in the 70s.
                                      Respect..
                                      Also have much love for Hawaii, as I visited there several times while in the Navy, and was married there as well. Also love the story about Pualani when researching the livery at the Hawaiian Airlines website. Instantly the co-queen of my fleet..F-14 included..

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	AL37.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	233703 I received two MRC EDF's Friday the new T-33 and the AL-37. The T-33 ready to test fly and the problem now, is how to finish the AL-37 with a personal touch. LOL !!!! I did unbox the AL-37 to inspect, every thing OK. What ever I decide to finish it, the colors will be Red, White and Blue

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200125_180600.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	233752Spoiler alert!!!! I know it's not a 747 Jumbo but I liked the livery. Go easy on me "Livery Police"

Comment

Working...
                                          X