First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OsideRCflyer View Post
    P-8 Poseidon conversion. Continued.
    OS, Outstanding, Sir. 'Nuff said. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Futaba Todd View Post
      Just Love this plane. Stay tune for my vintage Continental Livery!
      Beautiful Livery !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BraPapaD View Post
        Freewing AL37 flying in South Africa at IRF (Irene Radio Flyers)
        Awesome vid mate. Didn't run on forever, got to the point. Love it.

W

Livery was cool too, very good directions as to which way to go.

Comment

• The Max 10 in the new United Airlines livery. Conversion photos and flight video to come. Click image for larger version

Name:	40AEA89F-D891-40B0-8090-8022C93FC07A.jpeg
Views:	1258
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	237862

Comment

• Nice looking plane vduniec! Great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              I rarely use an elevator mix for flaps because I go with a slower flap deployment rate (3 to 4 seconds) and like on the real jet, I don't deploy flaps until the plane naturally begins to slow down in preparation for landing. Those who don't use a delay and those who slam on the flaps before they even begin to slow down, will likely see the plane "balloon" or take a sudden dip. Real planes don't slam on their flaps at the beginning of the speed decrease. Why would you do that to a model? Don't worry about whether or not it's a typo. Go fly the thing and see for yourself (with some altitude) on a fly by what the plane does when you deploy flaps the way you have it set up and the way you deploy them. If you've got it set up right and deploy them at an appropriate time, you may not need compensation at all.
              Totally agree, I have a 12ft span DC3 I have 8 sec delay flap deployment, as I slow the plane down at altitude I lower the flaps on the down wind leg then the gear, no ballooning no pitch change. I don’t like lowering the flaps on final and at lower altitude, if something goes wrong with the flaps ( only one goes down or gets stuck, servo fails) I have enough altitude to take action. JMO

Comment

• Awesome job Vic. This looks so good in person as well. Super job on extending the Fuse for the Max 10 version!!! Can't wait till we can get these all lined up for departures.

Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                The Max 10 in the new United Airlines livery. Conversion photos and flight video to come. Click image for larger version

Name:	40AEA89F-D891-40B0-8090-8022C93FC07A.jpeg
Views:	1258
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	237862

Comment

• This may have already been answered, and is definitely a noob question. Are there any recommendations for painting the wings? Specific color, etc.? I'm looking for the right shade of gray.

Comment

• I used Rustoleum Aluminum on my FedEx and it looked to be very close to what it shoild be.

Comment

• Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post
                      I used Rustoleum Aluminum on my FedEx and it looked to be very close to what it shoild be.
                      Thanks! Looked back at the pics. It looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sheriff View Post

Thanks! Looked back at the pics. It looks great.
                        Thanks for the compliment.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Depends on which livery you do.

Originally posted by The Sheriff View Post
                          This may have already been answered, and is definitely a noob question. Are there any recommendations for painting the wings? Specific color, etc.? I'm looking for the right shade of gray.

Comment

• Originally posted by avanti127 View Post
                            Depends on which livery you do.

I'm going for the "looks decent from 10' away" look.

It's not easy finding a decent photo of the wing.

Comment

• the 2X Rust Oleum Painters touch has a few different shades of gray and Aluminum I must have 20 different colors of the stuff Flats, Satin's, Semi Gloss and high High Gloss also three different shades of clear. Use it on larger surfaces then I get out my Air brush. Plan on doing mine with this paint

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sheriff View Post
                                This may have already been answered, and is definitely a noob question. Are there any recommendations for painting the wings? Specific color, etc.? I'm looking for the right shade of gray.
                                The generic color for flying surfaces on Boeing aircraft is called Boeing Gray. If you go to Home Depot and give them the code 16515, they’ll be able to mix up a batch in the sample size for you. That number is the Federal Standard or FS code for that color.

Comment

• Magicplane in action, maiden and second flight highlights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0222201523_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	238053Click image for larger version

Name:	0222201532~2.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	238055Click image for larger version

Name:	0222201524_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	918
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	238054

Comment

• Originally posted by krakenreleaser View Post
                                    Magicplane in action, maiden and second flight highlights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0222201523_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	238053Click image for larger version

Name:	0222201532~2.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	238055Click image for larger version

Name:	0222201524_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	918
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	238054
                                    Sweet man that's a great job! 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by krakenreleaser View Post
                                      Magicplane in action, maiden and second flight highlights.
                                      KR, Outstanding livery and great work, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0282.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	238080Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0283.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.7 KB ID:	238081
                                        Working on my NASA scheme. Callies decal are bases on the original 737 so I had to make adjustments. I did have her resize the NASA logo and the 515 as the original ones were way too big. Figure no one I fly with will figure that out. The window decals were on piece so I cut them and pieced it together.

Mike
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Great work Mike. Your NASA livery is one of my faves. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X