Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James or Aros or Alpha, would one of you that have hands on the actual plane get a couple of measurements for me. I'd like to know the length and width of the top of the vertical stab and the diameter of the fuse just ahead of the wing.
    Thanks for any help.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
      Your link no workey!
      M, it's a PDF for download. Pretty cool stuff Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
        James or Aros or Alpha, would one of you that have hands on the actual plane get a couple of measurements for me. I'd like to know the length and width of the top of the vertical stab and the diameter of the fuse just ahead of the wing.
        Thanks for any help.

Jim
        Hey Jim, hope this helps. Hard to measure the diameter of the fuse but eye balling it, it's about 7 1/2 inches

Comment

Your link no workey!
          If your computer is like mine, a PDF file must be saved to your computer before it can be opened. It works great for me. If you click on it, it should then ask you to save it to your computer. I just put it on my desktop.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Hey Jim, hope this helps. Hard to measure the diameter of the fuse but eye balling it, it's about 7 1/2 inches
            Thanks James, that does help. One other measurement is the width of the vertical stab at the top? I will have to make the pod that sits on the top of the tail to replicate the C-40 and I was going to start working on it now so I will have it well underway when the plane arrives.

Thanks.

Jim

Comment

• I'm seeing two lights on each of the front sides of the fuselage at 2:34. One is by the "R" and a blinking one is by the "n" on the American Airlines logo. I am wondering what these lights are for and are they included on the AL37.

Comment

• urrl the one at the 'R' is a wing inspection light. On the good ol' Fokker 70 / 100 the leading edge had a little black strip (visible from the flightdeck), at night you'd switch on those lights and if there's a white strip, you know there's ice on there and turn on the wing anti-ice and watch it melt away (the ice detectors should detect ice, but they're mounted on the forward fuselage, doesn't say much about windshield or wing icing where most accumulation occurs).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel.PNG
Views:	1399
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	218865

On the 737... it's more useful on the ground during the pre-flight walkaround to inspect the aircraft's state and can be used to aid in maximum visibility, making sure other aircraft will notice you, you can make full use of the lighting equipment.
                The one further up front you're talking about isn't actually a blinking light. It's a static port without any lights. It's the metal reflecting the white markings on the runway.

Not sure it makes much sense overdoing lighting on an RC plane (wing inspection/logo/emergency exterior lights). Navigation lights (viewed from the front: left - green, right - red, behind - white), anti-collision lights (red blinking), strobes (white blinking) and landing lights (two wing-mounted, one nose) is already quite a bit. The lighting included can be nicely seen in the following video (I count 10 LEDs, according listing there should be an 11th on there somewhere --upd: ah, the tail strobes are actually 1 on each side by the look of things):

Comment

Your link no workey!
                  Works for me.

Comment

• Doesn't work for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASCII View Post
                      urrl the one at the 'R' is a wing inspection light. On the good ol' Fokker 70 / 100 the leading edge had a little black strip (visible from the flightdeck), at night you'd switch on those lights and if there's a white strip, you know there's ice on there and turn on the wing anti-ice and watch it melt away (the ice detectors should detect ice, but they're mounted on the forward fuselage, doesn't say much about windshield or wing icing where most accumulation occurs).
                      Thanks so much. I may just install the lights, albeit a little higher as I usually fly before sun up and any lighting of the wings would be a plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                        Doesn't work for me.
                        Depends on how you've got your computer set up. It's NOT a "link" as such. It's a "download". Some people have their computers set up to automatically open and show a download in a new tab or window. Others must have it saved first, then opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Depends on how you've got your computer set up. It's NOT a "link" as such. It's a "download". Some people have their computers set up to automatically open and show a download in a new tab or window. Others must have it saved first, then opened.
                          Thanks. I got my American Airlines decals ordered

Comment

• Freewing AL37 Maiden flight.

Another fantastic product brought about by the hard working team at Motion RC and Freewing.

Utah boys getting an opportunity from Freewing and Motion Rc to demo the AL37. Between Justin Lamb and I, We have over 20 flights on the Airliner in two days and boy what a dream it is. The AL-37 takes off smooth with the nose wheel lifting about 30 feet into the take off. In the air the Airliner has a huge presence and graceful scale look that is simply beautiful. Our flights were on avg 30-50% throttle and Landings were full flaps and about 10-20% throttle. One of the coolest parts is how the AL37 will Aerobrake on the main wheels for ever giving that awesome scale landing thrill for every pilot.

See this and others on my channel, Hobby Squawk and Motion Rc Customer Community here soon.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/moti...dia/?ref=share

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...irliner-thread

AL37 Airliner Twin 70mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31513P Version Info: This version of the AL37 Airliner comes with tail and wing decals pre-applied. You will still need to apply the "Motion RC Airlines", window and door decals. This version also now includes two 2952-2100Kv inrunner motors and 12-blade fans for
                            Attached Files

Comment

• We don't have many real airliner pilots in the Hobby Squawk community to evaluate our AL37 airliner, between Justin Lamb and Victor "AceMiGKiller" Checkcinco. We had hoped to have both of them debut this airliner at an earlier event together, but things didn't line up. We've got more for Vic and Co in the pipeline, though... . In the meantime, thank you to the Jeremy and Justin's Utah Crew for wringing out this airliner and giving it your shakedown approval. I hope it's as satisfying as flying the real thing. Perhaps try to sneak it onto the flight line in your flight crew carry-on for a photo op? No one would notice, right?

Also, I heard you're passing the radio to various people at your club, including an eight year old?! Let me know how that goes!

Now, where are my former A-7 pilots?
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• More in the pipeline... ooh. Hoping for the AL77 then. Pretty sure HQ would sign off on a photo op with a fullscale one next to it, seems it would make for pretty epic PR/social media content (especially with spot-on matching liveries; I suppose we'd know someone up for that (^^,) lol).
                                Rich from RC Informer quite possibly has as much RC time as actual stick time. Myself on the other hand... I'm a little low on recent RC experience. Might need to get some RealFlight 9 hours in before making any sort of evaluations flying the same thing scaled down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASCII View Post
                                  More in the pipeline... ooh. Hoping for the AL77 then. Pretty sure HQ would sign off on a photo op with a fullscale one next to it, seems it would make for pretty epic PR/social media content (especially with spot-on matching liveries; I suppose we'd know someone up for that (^^,) lol).
                                  Rich from RC Informer quite possibly has as much RC time as actual stick time. Myself on the other hand... I'm a little low on recent RC experience. Might need to get some RealFlight 9 hours in before making any sort of evaluations flying the same thing scaled down.
                                  Once I get my AL37 all dolled up with United’s new livery, I’ll take her to work with me and take a few pics of her right next to her big brother. Hopefully, they will be one at our station with the new livery, but we just started painting them and there’s only a few right now.

Comment

• My Maiden flight and subsequent sunset flights with the gorgeous new AL-37. Freewing and Motion RC have knocked it out of the park with their first ever airliner offering in this classic design.

It’s fast but also cruises around fine on 1/3 power, then climbs out with authority at just 50% power.
                                    Definitely one for the hangar of every EDF enthusiast, and we can’t wait to see everyone’s custom schemes and mods!

We were racing the sun getting her built at the field and then flew 5 flights well after sunset. The gorgeous skies here in Utah really show her off!

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post

Thanks James, that does help. One other measurement is the width of the vertical stab at the top? I will have to make the pod that sits on the top of the tail to replicate the C-40 and I was going to start working on it now so I will have it well underway when the plane arrives.

Thanks.

Jim
                                      Apologies, Jim. Tip of the vert looks 2 15/16" long x 3/8" wide at it's fattest.

Comment

• ASCII - Welcome to Squawk if I haven't said so before. Here are the 11 LEDs on the Airliner for everyone's reference.

Comment

• More pics of the GORGEOUS new AL-37

Comment

Working...
                                          X