Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have the little hairs on the back of their necks stand up when they hear that "old fashioned roller skate" noise from the wheels when they roll on the ground? That's going to be the first thing I need to address when I get mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      Anyone else have the little hairs on the back of their necks stand up when they hear that "old fashioned roller skate" noise from the wheels when they roll on the ground? That's going to be the first thing I need to address when I get mine.
      I was going to say so yes, i had a few jets do that too like my Mig-21 drove me nuts till it was done!

Comment

• Originally posted by the snake View Post

I was going to say so yes, i had a few jets do that too like my Mig-21 drove me nuts till it was done!
        Same here. I've tried a little machine oil on the axles but that cured the noise only temporarily. With this one, I'll take the wheels off and put a bit of silicone grease on the axles.

Comment

Same here. I've tried a little machine oil on the axles but that cured the noise only temporarily. With this one, I'll take the wheels off and put a bit of silicone grease on the axles.
          I even carry a tube in my box of it just in case someone else is doing it too! Don't leave home without it!

Comment

• lol, I thought the culprit was the material the wheels are made out of... but they're just running dry and need some lube? Must be 'it's not a flaw, it's a feature'... autobrake?

Gorgeous footage JL! What a (jet)blast!

Comment

Anyone else have the little hairs on the back of their necks stand up when they hear that "old fashioned roller skate" noise from the wheels when they roll on the ground? That's going to be the first thing I need to address when I get mine.
              The wheels have been lubricated. Lol. With The fuselage being huge and hollow the sound resonates a lot louder than you would think. This is also the same issue with the Orange propeller bird and the C-130 that’s out from other companies. Hopefully the sound will be gone for a while. Lol.

Jeremy

Comment

• Originally posted by ASCII View Post
                lol, I thought the culprit was the material the wheels are made out of... but they're just running dry and need some lube? Must be 'it's not a flaw, it's a feature'... autobrake?

Gorgeous footage JL! What a (jet)blast!
                I think it's a combination of several things. As Jeremy stated regarding the C-130, mine also has that irritating "squeaky, squawky" noise as well. Same goes for my Eflite EC1500. A little lube does stop the noise but only for a few flights, then it's back. Inspecting the wheel/axle assembly, I can detect quite a bit of "slop". It seems that the diameter of the axle is just marginally smaller than the diameter of the hole in the wheel PLUS, each wheel seems to slide along the axle (in and out) a bit. So these factors, as well the the materials used to make the wheel hubs, contribute to just enough movement to cause the rotating wheel hub on the axle to make that noise. If a bit of oil can stop the noise for a short time, I'm thinking maybe something thicker like a plastic safe grease may keep the noise at bay longer. No matter, this noise is not going to prevent me from getting one of these planes. The C-130 and EC1500 are terrific planes. I'm quite certain this airliner will also be a terrific plane as well.

Comment

• Wow, great video and photos! Well done!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    We don't have many real airliner pilots in the Hobby Squawk community to evaluate our AL37 airliner, between Justin Lamb and Victor "AceMiGKiller" Checkcinco. We had hoped to have both of them debut this airliner at an earlier event together, but things didn't line up. We've got more for Vic and Co in the pipeline, though... . In the meantime, thank you to the Jeremy and Justin's Utah Crew for wringing out this airliner and giving it your shakedown approval. I hope it's as satisfying as flying the real thing. Perhaps try to sneak it onto the flight line in your flight crew carry-on for a photo op? No one would notice, right?

Also, I heard you're passing the radio to various people at your club, including an eight year old?! Let me know how that goes!

Now, where are my former A-7 pilots?
                    Well here is a new one!

This year I got into RC flying and this AL37 Airliner will be my first EDF plane in the hangar.

I fly the real 737 now for Transavia in the Netherlands and I actually flew on the real 737 MAX for TUI last year. Hopefully Transavia will get their MAXs by 2020/2021ish.

I orderd the Transavia graphics from Callie and I'll make sure to bring it along to our hangar and make pictures of it infront of our own 737-800s.
                    Im super stoked for this thing and I am counting the days 😁😁😁

Amar

Comment

I would imagine graphite lube like they use for pinewood derby cars would be better than oil. The fuselage is a big hollow drum so really resonates sound. Perfect for the addition of a sound card and some speakers for the real turbine sound!

There is lots of room at the CG to accommodate a sound system!

Comment

• Originally posted by AmarHV737 View Post

Well here is a new one!

This year I got into RC flying and this AL37 Airliner will be my first EDF plane in the hangar.

I fly the real 737 now for Transavia in the Netherlands and I actually flew on the real 737 MAX for TUI last year. Hopefully Transavia will get their MAXs by 2020/2021ish.

I orderd the Transavia graphics from Callie and I'll make sure to bring it along to our hangar and make pictures of it infront of our own 737-800s.

Amar
                        AmarHV737 Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Amar! It's nice to see so many new faces from different countries around the world, all meeting together on Hobby Squawk. Your Transavia livery will be very visible for an RC model... if I recall correctly, it's bright green and blue, is that correct?
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Well here is a new one!

I fly the real 737 now for Transavia in the Netherlands [..]

Amar
                          Noice! I fly the B777-200ER abroad (my typerating buddy actually left to be on the 737 at Transavia) and started to commute back to NL (Zandvoort (#beachlife , close prox. to EHAM), not sure where the closest club's at, suppose Spaarnwoude) a few months ago now that I've got more spare time flying long haul. Where's your home field at? Would love to come check out that AL37 once it's all finished.

Comment

Well here is a new one!

Amar
                            AHV, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Great looking airplane and we all must start somewhere. A perfect choice for you. Glad you're here, SIr. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Alpha

Thanks! Transavia has quit a simple livery. I have attached a picture of our aircraft. The fact it has belly logo's does help with its visibility. I have asked Callie to include a PH-MAX registration. It should look amazing.

Originally posted by ASCII View Post

Noice! I fly the B777-200ER abroad (my typerating buddy actually left to be on the 737 at Transavia) and started to commute back to NL (Zandvoort (#beachlife , close prox. to EHAM), not sure where the closest club's at, suppose Spaarnwoude) a few months ago now that I've got more spare time flying long haul. Where's your home field at? Would love to come check out that AL37 once it's all finished.
                              Nice! for which airline are you flying?
                              I currently live in Utrecht and there is a small flying field 10 mins drive from my home. You are most welcome to come and check it out! send me a PM if you like.

Elbee Thanks sir, good to be here!

Amar

Comment

Alpha

[..]

Nice! for which airline are you flying?
                                I currently live in Utrecht and there is a small flying field 10 mins drive from my home. You are most welcome to come and check it out! send me a PM if you like.

Amar
                                Well, we used to have 37's in our fleet as well... sure looks better than the A32x/A31x family if you ask me, but oh well.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	CiR7zPW.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	219150
                                Yeah, that'd be awesome... as soon as a better/warmer season comes around tho.

Comment

• Ah I see.

Well then...good cue for MotionRC/Freewing to go and make a 90mm EDF Triple 7.
                                  (Although I'd die for a MD11..)

Amar

Comment

• I'd be up for that! Though, I'm not sure a triple translates well to scale.
                                    Currently I'm really in love with how the A350 looks. The proportions are just right (in comparison with the 787). Bombardier C Series/Airbus A220 would be rad too (but perhaps too similar to the AL37, maybe a CRJ-700 then?).
                                    MD11 or 747 would be sick as well. Or a tribute to the old trusty Dutch Fokker 100.

Comment

• Love it all!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!! Jerry

Comment

• Thanks Jerry!

I think a T7 would look great. Also an A350 would be killer. Those swooped wings/winglets would be amazing.

Back on topic with the AL37. I am actually considering making slats for it. I attached slats to my Durafly Tundra too. It looks great and with a small breeze I can fly it backwards.

I am gonna try and make them move together with the flaps.

Amar

Comment

• Going out on a limb and thinking this plane just might be Motions biggest selling plane yet ? I'm willing to bet once I get it I'm gonna want another one or two as I have found many schemes for them already ! Got my Ed Force One graphics in from Callie which looks great

Comment

Working...
                                          X