Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, i just finished my AL 37 with preaplied Freewing decals on the back but i would like in the future to transform it on ALITALIA scheme...I believe that taking away the decals will damage the color plane what can i do to solve the problem without damaging the plane and of course not buying another one in white version ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredardi View Post
      Hello, i just finished my AL 37 with preaplied Freewing decals on the back but i would like in the future to transform it on ALITALIA scheme...I believe that taking away the decals will damage the color plane what can i do to solve the problem without damaging the plane and of course not buying another one in white version ?
      When it comes time to do the transformation, you should just prepare yourself to do a complete re-paint after you pull off all the decals. Even the white version is going to create problems when you mask off large areas.

Comment

• Yep , regardless how careful you are or what ever brand tape you use that whites coming off in chunks.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• hi where s the electric power source to light the extra leds for tail logo lights and windos and wing root lights thanks you.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidsai View Post
            hi where s the electric power source to light the extra leds for tail logo lights and windos and wing root lights thanks you.
            If you have the plane, the owner's manual also comes with an insert for the "control board". It shows you a diagram of the types of board in this plane and you can see all the connection points for the lights and what they make the lights do. You will quickly see which ones are empty that you can use, assuming that your lights are the same type, size and electrical draw as those on the plane. If you buy lights in a kit, the kit should also come with a light controller and this controller should also come with instructions on how to get power.
            PS. I trust you know that these "extra" lights do not come with the plane. They are something that you buy yourself.

Comment

• I received this model on the 1st shipment back on Dec. 03 '19. I created my own graphics to use with MotionRC Logo. So, I'll order an all white and make new Airlines logo.
              So far with over a dozen flights, this is a nice bird to fly. A couple of shots of my own livery design and produced by Cali-graphics.

Comment

• Looks great!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hello, i just finished my AL 37 with preaplied Freewing decals on the back but i would like in the future to transform it on ALITALIA scheme...I believe that taking away the decals will damage the color plane what can i do to solve the problem without damaging the plane and of course not buying another one in white version ?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200120_153102.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	237336
                  You can use automotive primer right over the top of the decals with no ill effects (use 2 or 3 light coats to cover) then apply whatever you need to over that.
                  This is my fin finished using grey primer followed by Rustoleum gloss spray. White primer would likely be better for most civil schemes.

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post

Name:	20200120_153102.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	237336
                    You can use automotive primer right over the top of the decals with no ill effects (use 2 or 3 light coats to cover) then apply whatever you need to over that.
                    This is my fin finished using grey primer followed by Rustoleum gloss spray. White primer would likely be better for most civil schemes.
                    Yes that result is perfect...Thank you ! 'll use the white primer for the ALITALIA new scheme logo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                      Yep , regardless how careful you are or what ever brand tape you use that whites coming off in chunks.

Mike
                      This i s my worry...I'll use a white primer directly to the sticker...Thank you !

Comment

• Can some one post a picture on your pushrod connections on the wing i would like to check if i have installed in the right way... Thank you !

Comment

• Originally posted by davidsai View Post
                          hi where s the electric power source to light the extra leds for tail logo lights and windos and wing root lights thanks you.
                          A good source for all the lights, dimmers, regulators so you can pull power of the main battery, etc. is https://www.davesrce.com/

Search this blog on "window lighting" and you will see a couple of schemes that I tried for the windows that worked and that didn't work.

Dave will custom design LED lighting circuitry for you, if you don't see what you want.

Cheers,
                          GG

Comment

Can some one post a picture on your pushrod connections on the wing i would like to check if i have installed in the right way... Thank you !
                            If you can get the proper travel on the flaps and ailerons, it shouldn't matter what they look like. They may not even look like what mine looks like.

Name:	IMG_3548.JPG
Views:	1361
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	237426
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Just got my AL37 today. Can anyone tell me how to lower/open the landing gear so I can attach the wings? The manual notes you have to do this but doesn’t tell you how. Help!

Comment

• Originally posted by Prestin3304 View Post
                                Just got my AL37 today. Can anyone tell me how to lower/open the landing gear so I can attach the wings? The manual notes you have to do this but doesn’t tell you how. Help!
                                I just plugged in the wing ribbon cables lowered the gear, then pushed the wings into place. There might be an easier way, but I don’t know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prestin3304 View Post
                                  Just got my AL37 today. Can anyone tell me how to lower/open the landing gear so I can attach the wings? The manual notes you have to do this but doesn’t tell you how. Help!
                                  You have two choices. The first one was detailed in Motion's initial build video for the plane. The second option is the one I chose. Either works depending on your own preference.

Option 1. One each wing, you have a wing control board connection. Unscrew (2screws) that board (green) and you will find behind it, the regular plug for the retract, along with the plugs for the flap and aileron servos. Isolate the gear plug and use a servo tester to open up the retract. Put everything back the way you found it.

Option 2. Inside the battery compartment, you will see the main control board with the two multi-wire connectors already plugged in - one to each side that mates up with the plug on the wing root. In order to make that multi-wire cable reach out each fuselage hole in the wing root further, you can relocate the control board to underneath the wooden battery tray. This will allow you to pull the cables out each hole further so that you can push the wings on and leave sufficient space for the retracts to open without hitting the fuselage. Connect up the cable to the wing, power up the plane and operate the gear switch. Of course, you must have already bound the RX (with at least the retract lead plugged in) to the TX. I prefer to transport the plane with the gear retracted, so this "longer" cable allows me to open and close the retracts when putting together and taking apart the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will.patrone View Post

I just plugged in the wing ribbon cables lowered the gear, then pushed the wings into place. There might be an easier way, but I don’t know it.
                                    I think yours is the likely the "easiest" way, but it requires pulling those cables out the battery hatch each time and hooking up the wings. I think if you leave the cables running out the hole in the fuse, they're not long enough (for easy connection) to do it with the wing semi-mounted unless the control board is relocated.

Comment

• I took the easy way out I dont want to have to be cycling the gear to assemble or dis-assemble the plane, so I removed the curved part of the plastic and now it slides in and out no need to lower gear. You really cant see anything different in the air when the gear is up, and to me is convenient.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Here is what i have done to remedy that problem, I use a servo tester, ordered the Ribbon cables that are the same as what is used in the AL37 and a wing connector. See pics and video of how it works.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au1Q-93Ym34_gdIi...P7-7Q?e=r1j2zV
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Just Love this plane. Stay tune for my vintage Continental Livery!

Comment

Working...
                                          X