Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT, That's reads as quite a setup. Congrats. Your work is outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I just use genuine spektrum gear and never had any issues . But in my models I always use a 8010t or 9020 and add 2 or 3 sats to the mix .

Comment

• The batteries and the Callie decals arrived yesterday, done with party’s and stuffing my face, tomorrow the fun starts. The decals look first class.

Comment

• I celebrated Christmas by getting in three flights today. Of the three I had one very pretty landing, and two that demonstrated how robust the landing gear is on this bird. As usual, I only have video of the less than idea landings.

This is a great flying plane, even when the wind is deceiving and bounces you around more than expected.

JB

Comment

• I only have 6S 3300s for now. Would I be able to get 2.5 to 3 minute flights with these until I can manage some 5000s?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmmcginn View Post
              I only have 6S 3300s for now. Would I be able to get 2.5 to 3 minute flights with these until I can manage some 5000s?
              If it were me, I'd get a parallel connector and fly with 2 of those. This plane should be able to haul 6600mah without issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                If it were me, I'd get a parallel connector and fly with 2 of those. This plane should be able to haul 6600mah without issue.
                Interesting thought. There's enough room for two? That's really spacious.

Comment

Interesting thought. There's enough room for two? That's really spacious.
                  It's supposed to be able to take up to 6000mah normally. That compartment looks to be huge. If you can't stack them one on top of the other or put them side to side, you can put them end to end. You may have to add a strap or two and maybe glue in a battery floor extension. With 6600mah, you could fly this thing for quite some time.

Comment

I only have 6S 3300s for now. Would I be able to get 2.5 to 3 minute flights with these until I can manage some 5000s?
                    If you only have one it will be fine as long as the battery is not completely crap. Just push it pretty far forward on the plywood. Take off with full throttle and throttle back immediately on a gentle climb out. 2 minutes at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and then start setting up your landings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                      I celebrated Christmas by getting in three flights today. Of the three I had one very pretty landing, and two that demonstrated how robust the landing gear is on this bird. As usual, I only have video of the less than idea landings.

This is a great flying plane, even when the wind is deceiving and bounces you around more than expected.

JB
                      What kind of cameras did you use for your onboard video. I like the crisp video.

Rick

Comment

• Would be interested in people lipos location and what battery’s they are using . Pictures would be great

Comment

• Im using Rustoleum 2x and was wondering if you guys used a clear sealer after?I see the paint shows fingerprints after aday of dryingneed more drying time?Thanks Ross

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
                            Would be interested in people lipos location and what battery’s they are using . Pictures would be great
                            5000 here and 6000 little back of this ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                              Im using Rustoleum 2x and was wondering if you guys used a clear sealer after?I see the paint shows fingerprints after aday of dryingneed more drying time?Thanks Ross
                              I Dislike any rustoleum product for exactly this reason. I am sometimes forced to use it at work and in my experience 3 days is about the minimum. I understand the need to use it with the foam due to compatibility but i would rather use just about any other paint in the world! Krylon...20 min to a couple hours and you are good to go, but it would likely dissolve your plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                                Im using Rustoleum 2x and was wondering if you guys used a clear sealer after?I see the paint shows fingerprints after aday of dryingneed more drying time?Thanks Ross
                                I don’t plan to use any primer, I will used tried and true Behr exterior latex on top of the white that I will lightly sand with 400 grit, it really doesn’t need to be sanded as the latex has excellent adhesion. After decals are applied I may use some clear Minwax Policrylic so seal the decals.

Comment

• Thanks guys I was wondering if there was something wrong with the paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingBear78 View Post

LucB That scheme from NOK AIR is on my short list (for my next plane order), as I think would show well in the sky. It's between that one this Brussels livery.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Brussels Airlines Smurfs.JPG
Views:	1826
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	224522
                                    I was initialy looking for one of these special deliveries from Brussels Airlines, but they are Airbus.
                                    So finally choose the NOKAIR and just confirtmed my order to Callie.

Comment

• I just designed another set of graphics simulating an old PanAm 707 scheme applied to the newer 737 model. They are printing now.Click image for larger version

Name:	PanAmPREVIEW.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	224880

Comment

• So cool. I have a soft spot in my heart for ol' Pan Am from back in the day.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Maiden vid using a mini mobius cam on the rudder.

Freewing AL37 maiden flight 12/25/19. Using a 6S HRB 6000 mah pack. Landed with 39% left on the pack. I was at or above 50% throttle for most of the flight.

Comment

Working...
                                          X