Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My AL37 just arrived.
    OMG this thing is a monster!
    Considering that my den and dining / build room already look like the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, I'm in trouble when the misses gets home...
    It's ok honey, we're going shopping this weekend for a larger home but I have 30 days to get this bird operational before the warranty expires.

On to the graphics,, I'm rolling with the retro Delta Widget livery.
    It will be a hybrid of the pictured Delta 737-800 "what if" livery very similar to what Delta ran on their 737-200's and the magnificent scheme on 727-200.

Attached Files

Comment

• Desolation Angels have fun with it. They are great flying planes. I put 4 on mine last weekend.

Comment

• Looking forward to it Waco!

DA

Comment

• Originally posted by Desolation Angels View Post

On to the graphics,, I'm rolling with the retro Delta Widget livery.
          It will be a hybrid of the pictured Delta 737-800 "what if" livery very similar to what Delta ran on their 737-200's and the magnificent scheme on 727-200.
          Great choice!

Comment

• Another slow flyby.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	FedEx snip.png
Views:	785
Size:	834.2 KB
ID:	285685

Comment

• Looks totally scale LS!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0755[1].JPG
Views:	923
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	286795Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0751[1].JPG
Views:	913
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	286794 Finally got around to making a storage \ transport rack. Now I can take more planes to the field.

Comment

• Very nice!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post

Fantastic paint scheme !!!!!
                    LOSER Airlines!

Comment

• Hello,
                      i am planning to fully whrap my AL37 in fiberglass like i did to my Freewing F-16. What is your takeoff weight with all that paintings and addons?
                      Glassing my F-16 increased the total weight by 200g which was not an issue for the F-16 at all but i am not sure about this one as i have not received and therefore flown mine yet of course and don‘t have a feeling of how much extra weight it can handle? I would assume only glassing will add around 250 gramms to this one as well, i dont have to calculate the paint as the weight of paint is the same on epo and fiberglas of course.
                      main reason i wanna glass it is that i want it to be beautiful as long as possible and to remove all the foam structure that those foamies usually have. Or is the original base color so good that there is almost no foamstructure visible and the surface resistent against dirt, pressure etc?
                      I would really appreciate your thoughts and experience with this plane.

Comment

• Hello,

I just placed an order for an AL37. I'm excited to start on the custom livery. I'm currently shopping or a receiver and wanted to gather opinions/recommendations from the experts. What receiver did you decided to install and why?

I've primary used Spektrum receivers. I'm considering the Spektrum AR637T or AR8010T. I started looking into the Admiral RX600SP which I believe are slightly modified Lemon RX receivers.

Anyways, i'm looking forward to any recommendations or advice.

Comment

• I‘ve got the AR637T in many of my planes. It is awesome and the features are much better compared to the previous AR636. Full recommendation and i already bought one for my AL37.
                          i cannot say anything about Admiral etc as i only use the original receivers because of 2 losses with orange receivers due to transmitting issues

Comment

• More Kc-135 modified AL37 with F-16 atrached to Boom refueling

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                              More Kc-135 modified AL37 with F-16 atrached to Boom refueling
                              Those are some really outstanding photos, especially with the moon in the background.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Is it possible to program the ESCs to have reverse?
                                just so that when I land I can flip a switch and give throttle and the EDFs can reverse

Comment

• Originally posted by Taboaco View Post
                                  Is it possible to program the ESCs to have reverse?
                                  just so that when I land I can flip a switch and give throttle and the EDFs can reverse
                                  You need reversing ESCs. The stock ones on this plane are not that kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taboaco View Post
                                    Is it possible to program the ESCs to have reverse?
                                    I have a set of the reversing 80 amp brushless ESC's to put in mine They are made by Aero Star RVS and distributed by Hobby king. One thing to remember both Fans have to be completely stopped when you reverse them. you will need to set the brakes in the programming

Click image for larger version  Name:	80amp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	287593

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

I have a set of the reversing 80 amp brushless ESC's to put in mine They are made by Aero Star RVS and distributed by Hobby king. One thing to remember both Fans have to be completely stopped when you reverse them. you will need to set the brakes in the programming

Click image for larger version Name:	80amp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	287593
                                      Perfect, yes, I intend to set an idle up for taxi and fly so it’s more scale, when landing a switch with a mixing to zero thr and reverse thr stick, so when I hit that it will stop the motor and the thr will act the reverse thrust, hitting the switch back up it resume normal operation

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post

LOSER Airlines!
                                        Jajajajajaja from someone living in Kalifornia, good luck.

Comment

• Hey, you know, I really like the really great "fake fowler" hinges that the AS37 flaps use. I could use those on another project - so I went checking under the "spare parts" page and found the Motion doesn't sell the hinges in any of the plastic part sets.
                                          I has a sad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_150009.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	288082

And its kind of aggravating as well. I would prefer to buy them from Motion. Would any of you know of anything similar that I can find, or perhaps 3D print? Any of you care to create a 3D-print STL file for these? Looks like no one on Thingiverse has bothered making anything similar yet, but perhaps there's something similar hiding in a different place.
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X