Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My TX can do it, so I'm fine.

Comment

• Did order mine from Europe. Chipping oktober. Please put some revieuws At the first delivery’s 😀 In september.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        The blue box has both the retracts and door sequencer in it. So if you eliminate the box, you'll need to add a door sequencer. This is only for the main gear doors as I believe the front doors use push bars and springs that are controlled by the nose gear strut.
        Most radios have decent support for programming sequences directly these days - as long as you have enough channels
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Really happy to see this model have the attention and excitement that it does. Traditionally, the market has definitely seemed to be biased a lot toward US aircraft, presumably from patriotic reasons, but this is a case that disproves the idea that a scale model has to be American to be popular.

We have reached page 24 in 15 days!

The F-22 (a model that had all the reasons in the world to be extremely popular - and certainly is) did the same in 20.

And the F-18 did it in a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
            Join us live at 12pm est or watch the replay if your seeing this afterward. We have an endurance flight for you on the MiG-29 and of course a lot of fun with our awesome community.

Looks like a promotion for the Sukhoi 35 starting at 40:40

Glad to see the Sukhoi is still wowing pilots. I love mine.

Comment

• Subbed!

Well, I'm totally in for this one... plan on doing tons of silly stuff with it, hehehe!
              This jet has about almost everything I could have asked for, I'm mindblown.

Particular big like for the huge battery compartment and hatch allowing huge space to set everything easily and to pilot's personal preference.
              Will miss the canted axis on the horizontal stabs but it's okay :)

Super excited to get mine, come on october, be here already! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                Subbed!

Well, I'm totally in for this one... plan on doing tons of silly stuff with it, hehehe!
                This jet has about almost everything I could have asked for, I'm mindblown.

Particular big like for the huge battery compartment and hatch allowing huge space to set everything easily and to pilot's personal preference.
                Will miss the canted axis on the horizontal stabs but it's okay :)

Super excited to get mine, come on october, be here already! :D
                Hell yeah :D

Comment

• Hi Jan! :D

Comment

• About brakes. It would be nice to see Freewing develop some light weight brakes for its bigger jets. The conversion to JP brakes cost about 8 ounces and and $100. I think they could sell a bunch if they could come in at half the weight and maybe around $75.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwr302 View Post
                      About brakes. It would be nice to see Freewing develop some light weight brakes for its bigger jets. The conversion to JP brakes cost about 8 ounces and and $100. I think they could sell a bunch if they could come in at half the weight and maybe around $75.
                      You would definitely be a good option, especially for the guys flying from hard surfaces

Comment

• Originally posted by stormseq View Post
                        Flight video thoughts!

Don't get me wrong guys, i'm a HUGE fan of the Mig 29 and Freewing and Motion Rc (my Avanti is on the way btw) and i would love to own this bird someday too, but after watching the flight video i have a feeling this Jet struggles like most Edf jets in terms of weight to thrust ratio. I am sorry but to me the entire flight was like how i fly my Excalibur warmliner, power up - gain altitude cut the throttle glide down for a low pass, that way i fly it 10mins extra over the stated flight times, just being brutally honest here!

I love this bird, i feel it's beautifully designed and as a scratch builder i know this is not a easy job to completely nail a bird that size in terms of design and production, so hats off to that Freewing. But for HOT flying i give it 2.5mins tops, we would have loved to see a lot more scale rolls, loops, some higher verticals, how about a Knife Edge show pass? I'm not even sure if a Mig 29 can pull a knife edge without Tv, 4 point roll? Some high alpha action? I am sure in the future videos some of this would be covered, but my whole point is she feels very underpowered. Additional Tv will only add more weight and reduce flight times further :(

What i would personally like to see in future Jets;
                        1) New building techniques to save weight further, thinner foam and some kind of smooth covering over the foam (Doesn't have to be balsa or glass) Please check out Future model Edge 540t with PP skin as an example.
                        2) Tired of seeing boxy 3 - 4 mm thick TL on scale Jets, I know there is fear of damage if it gets thinner but how about some Plastic TL guys which will go all upto 1-2mm pointed out like the Fibreglass jets have? Come on to produce a plastic TL foam covering can't be that hard?
                        3) I fly mostly fast Planes/Jets/Pylons I know Edf cannot be compared to a propeller plane, but a friend of mine built a big scale J10 (1400mm length/1100 span, out of Depron/balsa/some glass. AUW is 2kg with a 3600 6s HRB lipo and fms 2100 Inrunner. That bird has at least another 800g - 1kg thrust to spare. He does under arm hand launch and the bird flies out of his hand like a balloon, most of his flight is at 50% throttle and even at 60% he has insane amount of vertical, and full throttle will have tons of speed (haven't tested yet)
                        4) Jets are fun when they have lots of power to spare, i know this has always been the challenge with Edf jets but i sincerely hope some advancements in technology and building techniques happen here.

Said that, i am hoping future flight videos of the MIg surprise me, i am looking forward to seeing more. I understand the challenges with weight but we hope all future jets at least have 1kg+ real thrust to spare for fun flying.
                        Just my humble 2 cents, happy to be pointed out wrong about any above information.

Cheers guys and thank you MotionRc/Freewing!
                        :)

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve0woDBoZs0 I know 2 90mm 10s can't be compared to a 6s setup but this is the kind of power i would love to see on future Edf jets.
                        Thanks for the insight. Always good to have an expert with no experience on the model expounding on its shortcomings.

Comment

• Ordering mine this week. Hope it shows up early like some of the previous FW jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by stormseq View Post
                            how about a Knife Edge show pass? I'm not even sure if a Mig 29 can pull a knife edge without Tv, 4 point roll? Some high alpha action?
                            Rest assured it can. I have had a fullscale MiG-29M2/MiG-35 performing it straight above my head, and seen enough legacy 29s pull it too.

5:35 here (this is a legacy Fulcrum)

Minute 5:50 -> MiG-29M2 / MiG-35

4:40, 9:35 -> MiG-29OVT

So, you see... all can do it ;)

And yes, I shot the last two vids myself 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                              Sekhet Пожалуйста! Мой отец научил меня говорить по русски

ridgerunner That was James' and Alex's idea to add the "chapter markers", like an ESPN-style table of contents. I agree, it improves the show's flow and gives the audience a clear sense of what's been covered and what's to come.

the snake No worries, the live show can get hectic when there are 600+ people on there, which is why at the end of the day, Hobby Squawk is where the information will live on more clearly just in case someone missed something we said while live.

Regarding aftermarket upgrades: The 3DTV Thrust Vectoring Upgrade Set is *not* included in the stock PNP. Instead, it is sold separately, and essentially a drop-in fit that replaces the stock exhaust nozzles with servo-driven nozzles. Users will need to mix as desired. As always, my personal preference is to fly the model As-Is, out-of-the-box stock PNP, because that's how we designed it to fly. This MiG-29 is more than acrobatic enough for most of us and has plenty of power and control authority to get us into plenty of trouble, without the added complexity of 3DTV.

We're still finalizing details, since it's a complex system for an aircraft this large, so stay tuned in this thread for when we post photos and price alerts once it hits the website. We don't ever plan to sell a PNP version that includes 3DTV because the set is too pricey (and complex) for what most are comfortable paying/configuring/flying. This is really more of a love letter to the smaller group of you who tried to adapt your 90mm F-22s to 3DTV, and we thought making a 3DTV set for the MiG-29 would be a good upgrade much like the 3DPUP sets we've released for the Mirage, F-4, F-22, L-39, B-24, etc.

If enough people order the MiG-29 PNP and ARF and we think the model has legs to support more aftermarket upgrades, we might consider producing other things such as an upgrade air brake set, also Sold Separately, shown below. But candidly, we're waiting to see how to model itself takes off before over-committing to more upgrades. We've seen it in the past where most pilots end up flying/loving the stock PNP model (which is great!) and the upgrade market fizzles.

We'll see what the community does.

Click image for larger version Name:	Prototype Air Brake 3DPUP Upgrade Option (not in the PNP).jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	267157
                              Such an Air Brake set would be stunning for a lot of other planes (F-14, F-18, F16) I really like the one on the F-15 and the T-45

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Rest assured it can. I have had a fullscale MiG-29M2/MiG-35 performing it straight above my head, and seen enough legacy 29s pull it too.

5:35 here (this is a legacy Fulcrum)

Minute 5:50 -> MiG-29M2 / MiG-35

4:40, 9:35 -> MiG-29OVT

So, you see... all can do it ;)

And yes, I shot the last two vids myself 😁
                                Thanks for the links bud, i am aware of these haha, in my post i meant can a 'Rc Mig pull a knife edge without TV' :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

@y22raptor

Hi Dan, the main axles are 5.05mm and the nose axle is 4.1mm

Hi stormseq , welcome to Hobby Squawk and thanks for sharing your feedback, I appreciate it! Nice video, too, I enjoyed watching it and have always promoted Aerotetris' approach!

As to your comment, I'd have to say that for a MiG-29 to have the performance of 2x 90mm 10s, we would have needed to make our MiG-29 use 2x 90mm 10s. That is unfortunately well beyond the target price point of a 2x80mm 6s MiG-29 which is intended to be flight-ready in less than an hour with a single glue joint to assemble, instead of the hundreds of glue joints (plus many nights of surfacing work) required to get that Aerotetris MiG-29 in the air.

One of the reasons why I have always been an outspoken fan of platforms such as Aerotetris' unique puzzlepiece approach is that he gives us as modelers more options, if/as we're so inclined to spend the necessary hours and money to result in the performance you see in that video. I think --I HOPE!-- there will always be builders around the world who want to spend their time building a one-off KIT that they can personalize, outfit, and enjoy as fruit of their labor. If I had more time, I would buy and build more Aerotetris kits myself! Aerotetris is a great option for this because he doesn't need six figures for tooling and molds, so his enterprise can subsist on much lower volume to keep those foam blocks profitable, while the user covers the cost for outfitting the rest of the model's required components separately.

But as for the "sweet spot" within the marketplace for an EDF jet that is mass-produced, painted-and-decaled, panel-lined, fly-in-an-hour, spare-parts-available, screw-together, warranty-covered, scaled-out and lit-up out-of-the-box, (all things which the Aerotetris is not), the twin 80mm Freewing MiG-29 is about as large and costly as we're confident in backing at this time... for now. If it turns out there is a reliably sizeable group who would actually pay for a 2x90mm 10s F-15 or similar twin (just to use your twin as an example) and didn't sweat a price tag approaching $1k, then maybe we'd consider it.

Please stick around! It's always nice to welcome another big jet pilot into this Squawk community we all enjoy. Feel free to post your airplane ideas in the request thread, as well. We're always listening, counting, considering.

Also, for anyone not following along, Aerotetris' big MiG-29 can be seen here. I think it's such a neat way to build an airplane! Check out his website below and give him a shout out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	108.jpg Views:	466 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	268745Click image for larger version  Name:	003.jpg Views:	468 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	268746

EDIT: On today's livestream the question came up about the scale cant on the vertical stabilizers, the sweeping angle approaching their TE, and the angled exhaust nozzles. As this picture shows, we were able to replicate all three of those aspects from the real MiG-29 onto ours.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2979.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	268744

Thanks Man! Happy to be here, my post nowhere did any comparison with the Aerotetris Mig or the 10S Setup either, because such comparisons are out of question. You simply cannot compare some cnc cut foam foam parts to a PNP kit. I already mentioned the Freewing Mig design is exceptional :)
                                  I hope you also picked up my point about a J10 80mm having 1kg thrust to spare (at least) with under 2kg AUW. If a scratch builder can do it so can Freewing with all it's resources. Here is a short video of my friend who never went above 60-70% throttle. https://youtu.be/VxILhLvwvRM

All i meant was :
                                  I hope technology in Foam Jets advances and we are able to reduce the weight on these Jets further to have a better thrust to weight ratio, which will further boost the performance/speed and flight times. Even mere 2-300g savings can boost the performance a lot. Everything in the Foam Jet world is just the same since many years apart from the electronics, yes EDF technology have come a long way in terms of thrust/weight/sound and performance.

I know this is going to take years, but i hope to be positive. And it can be done in simple cheap ways too, please look into 'Future Model Edge540t with polypropylene skin' (Just as an example! again, no comparison done' )

Btw, i got my 80mm Avanti delivered this week, and i am heading to the Avanti thread to post some updates and questions :)

Happy flying everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwr302 View Post
                                    About brakes. It would be nice to see Freewing develop some light weight brakes for its bigger jets. The conversion to JP brakes cost about 8 ounces and and $100. I think they could sell a bunch if they could come in at half the weight and maybe around $75.
                                    YES! Could MRC please develop wheels with brakes that are lighter! The JP brakes are very heavy, this is probably because you need to use real rubber tires with breaks and the braking electromagnet coils are heavy. But, maybe MRC could at least start by selling the heavy ones and then develop something lighter with new materials.

Comment

• Well, I couldn't resist! I had been debating on the 90mm F-4 for a long time. I have seen one fly and it looks awesome. But, I didn't like that it only gets about 2.5 min of good flight on a 6S 6000 battery and really works the battery hard. The Mig looks like it will fly for 5+ minutes and still land with the batteries not overworked. Should be a blast to fly.

Comment

• I ordered this Mig-29 from MotionRC, and am regretting it because I just noticed a real Mig-29 for sale for only $4.65 million. I know that sounds expensive, but the seller is offering financing, so you only pay $28,000 per month. But since I spent $639 on the Freewing Mig-29, I can't afford it anymore.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search...-type=aircraft

Comment

• If you do buy it, let me know so I can get a ride since it's a UB model.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X