Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope the notices come out by the 15th so that the plane has enough time to get to me before I leave for an event on the 22nd. A notice on the 10th would be even better so I have time to assemble it and get it set up so I don't have to do it at the event (not an AMA sanctioned event, so no worries about doing the maiden there).
    Pat

Comment

• Well my hopes and dreams to make to our local warbirds meet with the MiG is down the drain hahahh oh well it’ll still be cool when it gets here

Comment

• I have quite an event (Turbine focused but EDFs are allowed) for october 3rd-4th... guess the jets won't be here in time but it'd be sweet indeed to be able to present them.
        I will likely be the only one with them around.

Comment

• Has someone heard something different than Mid-September now?

Comment

• Nope.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
              For everyone that can’t wait for their Mig and want to see more footage, including unboxing, and assembly.

Just saw this one on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/UhOxQ2IP1bw
              This model store (飛恩航模) is in Pingtung, south end of Taiwan. So they are all over Taiwan....only 9000miles to go.

Comment

• Pretty sure that Freewing makes some stock strictly for the Asia-Pacific market at the same time they load the container bound for the US. Obviously the guys in Taiwan can get them much quicker than the US. I've seen this on almost every new release from Freewing over the past several years. Either that, or the FN-RC guys are just special.
                Pat

Comment

• Bhaaa, who cares if you have to wait a little longer, that makes unboxing that little bit more exciting 😊

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrcdude View Post
                    Has someone heard something different than Mid-September now?
                    Only that first order has sold, second shipment is now early Oct.

Comment

• Question. I have a 6 channel reciever from admiral, stability/ gyro I originally was going to use for the mig 29. I'm now thinking about putting an aura 8 with 2 satellite receivers out of a flex innovations cap 232. Any feedback as if this is a good idea or bad. Or is the admiral 6 channel sufficient? I've only ever ran specktrum and I sure dont want to lose this jet do to bad signal or lack of signal with this bigger airframe...

Comment

• Originally posted by FLYBOY777 View Post
                        Question. I have a 6 channel reciever from admiral, stability/ gyro I originally was going to use for the mig 29. I'm now thinking about putting an aura 8 with 2 satellite receivers out of a flex innovations cap 232. Any feedback as if this is a good idea or bad. Or is the admiral 6 channel sufficient? I've only ever ran specktrum and I sure dont want to lose this jet do to bad signal or lack of signal with this bigger airframe...
                        I don't use the Admiral but I do use the Lemon equivalent with no problems for years. However, having said that, there have been an unusually high number of reports of people having problems with the Admiral SP. If you have an Aura 8 and know how to program it, I think that would be the way to go.
                        As an aside, doesn't the Aura 8 still need some kind of RX? I think it works best with a serial RX although I have used one with a standard RX. I didn't like it but that doesn't mean it didn't work. I just never was any good at tuning the Aura 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          You do know this bird is 1:9 scale, correct? The Arrows RC twin 64mm Mig-29 is 1:13 scale.

That was my mistake, I had mistaken the two scales between the SU 30 and the Mig29.

Comment

• The Admiral and Lemon have different firmware. Lemons seem to have a good following. There have been quite a few reports of issues specific to the Admiral with stability. The Aura is probably your best bet.

Comment

• The aura has 2 ports for satellite which are actually receiving the signal from transmitter and delivering them to the aura. I have a friend who is good with the programming of it and who will help ke set it up to whatever aura support would recommend for this aircraft or atleast airframe type and size. Thank you for the feed back...

Comment

• You are not the only one that felt that way

Comment

• I’m pretty sure everybody else has seen this as well, but now it’s showing that the free wing MiG 29 fulcrum is set on pre-order for early October. Does this mean that the ones that ordered the Mig 29 when it was on pre-order for mid-September are going to be getting the ones from that shipment? I’m trying to figure out when mine and everybody else’s is going to arrive
                                  I ordered mine on August 27th.

Comment

• Vulcan_FPV Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business!

The ETA for your preorder is whatever the ETA was on the day that you placed your preorder. So, for anyone placing their preorder as of today, their ETA is what is showing on the website as of today ("Early October"). Back when you pre-ordered on Aug 27, the ETA on the website was "mid-September", so that's the only ETA you need to watch for.

Our system is updated in near real-time, and given the tremendous popularity of the MiG-29, we have extended access beyond the initial "Mid-September" supply to the next inbound supply of aircraft whose ETA is currently "Early October". At this rate, they won't last very long either, at which point the next ETA is probably going to be late November if not December.

Basically, for anyone on the fence, I wouldn't recommend waiting too much longer if you definitely want to fly a MiG-29 before Christmas. Of course, we'll try to produce and ship and receive a third shipment to arrive before then, but these first wave of shipments were supposed to last us until Christmas and they're almost gone already!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, I saw James posting a picture of the Gripen rear fuselage with TVs. If the person bought the Gripen and built it and then wanted to add the TVs that would mean cutting the fuselage at the glue joint and pulling it and the two carbon rods from the main fuselage piece. Having to pull the rods out could damage the fuselage if the owner glued them well.

How are you thinking of doing the TVs for the MiG? Since we are not gluing anything back there during assembly assume its a cut along seams and maybe a bologna cut across? It would be really nice to have the TVs available when the plane arrives.

I ordered both and plan on TVs for the MiG but not the Gripen. I have a JF/HET ready for the Gripen and will leave the stock power in the MiG. You may have cover these questions in other forums or on your twitch podcast, not sure...

Comment

• Even, see this post:

Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm EDF Jet​ Freewing first established the Twin 80mm class of EDF jets with its popular F-14 Tomcat and then the A-10 Warthog, and now we are proud to announce the Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum! Represented in 1/9 scale, this large aircraft is 1878mm (74”) long with a 1257mm (50”) wingspan,
                                        Pat

Comment

• I Want my mig! 😎

Comment

Working...
                                          X