Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    Nothing of the sort, I asked Alpha about this because I was concerned the ruggedness of a conventional 3D print wouldn't be suitable for the 'gimbal operation' of the nozzle, but he told us they manufacture these with SLA. ;)
    FDM is more common for home use, but many of us have both. Formlabs has a "tough" resin that would probably be ideal for this. I thought maybe a mix, some non-critical parts in FDM, and some critical parts in SLA. But if they aren't releasing the STL files, then I won't be able to do that. I wasn't clear to me from the original post if they are releasing them or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
      So yea... I succumbed to the peer pressure... I'm waiting on the boat to come in now too.... also ordered a set of the centerburners from Chris aka theRCGeek!
      Beautiful video sfcfury , especially with the mountains in the background. BTW, excellent flying as well. I also put the AB's in my SU-30 and even in the Florida sun at noon, they are awesome, especially since they are so close to the end of the nozzle, it makes them easy to see. They should look great in the Mig as well.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
        Nothing of the sort, I asked Alpha about this because I was concerned the ruggedness of a conventional 3D print wouldn't be suitable for the 'gimbal operation' of the nozzle, but he told us they manufacture these with SLA. ;)
        Well, as far as I understood, they did indicate under the initial presentation that VT kits would be available both pre-fabricated and for home printing. SLA makes a lot more sense indeed, and greatly limits the amount of people who can print at home. Don't get me wrong, not unhappy about that, since FDM clearly would not be very well suited. It is perfectly possible to achieve strength enough, but smoothness is another matter.
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• I've been waiting for a life time for something like this at this scale. A 1:13th scale MiG-29 Fulcrum is going to fit perfectly in my collection of Russian birds!!! I pre ordered on the 27th of August and seriously hope it arrives at my place before October before my big show in Taos, NM!!!!

Comment

• Maiden flight of this Mig-29:

:D

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Beautiful video sfcfury , especially with the mountains in the background. BTW, excellent flying as well. I also put the AB's in my SU-30 and even in the Florida sun at noon, they are awesome, especially since they are so close to the end of the nozzle, it makes them easy to see. They should look great in the Mig as well.
              That wasn't my SU-30 lol... I was just posting the video to reference the centerburners...

Comment

• great video find jacckall

Comment

• Pre ordered now it cant come quick enough!! I'm making the jump from eflight to freewing. Horizon to Motion. I sold my su 30 from eflight in order to buy this one. From everything I've read and heard I will not be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulcan_FPV View Post
                    I've been waiting for a life time for something like this at this scale. A 1:13th scale MiG-29 Fulcrum is going to fit perfectly in my collection of Russian birds!!! I pre ordered on the 27th of August and seriously hope it arrives at my place before October before my big show in Taos, NM!!!!
                    You do know this bird is 1:9 scale, correct? The Arrows RC twin 64mm Mig-29 is 1:13 scale.
                    Pat

Comment

• While I am a FW/ FL fan I have to say that there are really good FMS/ EFlite/ Arrows birds too...

Originally posted by FLYBOY777 View Post
                      Pre ordered now it cant come quick enough!! I'm making the jump from eflight to freewing. Horizon to Motion. I sold my su 30 from eflight in order to buy this one. From everything I've read and heard I will not be disappointed.

Comment

• Hello everyone... I'm new to motion rc for the most part. I placed my order for the mig 2 days ago. Will this guarantee me for the first shipment or not necessarily? I really hope so! Also once motion receives shipment will they send them out to us or will our come the same time motion rc receives theirs? Thanks for the help! I'm stoked!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FLYBOY777 View Post
                          Hello everyone... I'm new to motion rc for the most part. I placed my order for the mig 2 days ago. Will this guarantee me for the first shipment or not necessarily? I really hope so! Also once motion receives shipment will they send them out to us or will our come the same time motion rc receives theirs? Thanks for the help! I'm stoked!!
                          The shipment is received by Motion and forwarded to the customers I believe.

If the webpage still didn't say anything about first shipment being fully sold out when you ordered, yours is probably part of the first batch.
                          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

The shipment is received by Motion and forwarded to the customers I believe.

If the webpage still didn't say anything about first shipment being fully sold out when you ordered, yours is probably part of the first batch.
                            Thank you my friend!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacckall View Post
                              Maiden flight of this Mig-29:

:D
                              Hey I recognize that place...it is just east of TaiZhong (台中). How did they get these already in Taiwan? I thought they were made in Shenzhen.

Well, I guess if they hit USA in mid-Sept, Taiwan is that much closer by boat, so OK, makes sense. Maybe they throw a few off the boat en route.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                                  So yea... I succumbed to the peer pressure... I'm waiting on the boat to come in now too.... also ordered a set of the centerburners from Chris aka theRCGeek!
                                  Hope you liked the video!

Comment

• For everyone that can’t wait for their Mig and want to see more footage, including unboxing, and assembly.

Just saw this one on YouTube.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmO...iSznBSKJJEc-vQ
                                      Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Glad you liked the video. The mountains in UT here are nuts.
                                      many more on my YouTube page there.

Comment

• Guys. Last night I had a nightmare that folks had started receiving tracking numbers for their MiG-29s... but I didn't. Pretty serious nightmare lol. I'm shook. Also, can't remember the last time I was this stoked for a model.

Comment

• That's unironically terrifying!

Comment

Working...
                                          X