X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stormseq View Post
    Thanks for the links bud, i am aware of these haha, in my post i meant can a 'Rc Mig pull a knife edge without TV' :)
    Most likely will, but judging from similar aircraft (Su-35) I wouldn't expect it to be as easy to pull as say, with a sportjet.
    Here is where you can massively benefit from the use of a gyro.

Still, I would expect the MiG-29 to be slightly better at knife edge than the Su-35.
    Will have to wait until I fly to confirm I guess :p

Oh, and if anything, knife edge is likely to be performed easier with TV off anyway... ;)

Comment

• My Arrows MiG-29 does a fair knife edge but my FW 70mm F-16 does it better, for comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        My Arrows MiG-29 does a fair knife edge but my FW 70mm F-16 does it better, for comparison.
        And my bone-stock Eflite Mk1 Carbon Z Cub does knife edge loops - for comparison.

Comment

• Like comparing apples to watermelons.

Comment

• Well, I think comparing F-16, MiG-29 and Su-35 is fair enough.
            At the very least, owners of these jets may get an idea of what to expect.

Comment

• Well, regarding knife edge, people should expect and welcome the fact that most fighter jets does this rather poorly. And this should be no big surprise since it is not part of the design goals what so ever.
              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Certainly!
                Which makes the maneuver all the more challenging ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                  Well, I think comparing F-16, MiG-29 and Su-35 is fair enough.
                  At the very least, owners of these jets may get an idea of what to expect.
                  I was referring to the guy who threw a Carbon Z Cub into the mix. You can decide which one is the apple and which one is the watermelon.

Comment

• Oh, well...

Comment

• I had an apple that knife edged like nothing else, it was in fact so good that you couldn't tell the difference from normal flight! But it had some control issues, so I threw it away.

Never cared much about watermelons though.

Comment

• Alpha.
                        Any hints to when these might show up states? I got a warbirds show second week of September 🤩. I wana win best jet trophy!! 😜

Comment

• I want TVs to be available at the same time as the plane.

Comment

• Is it mid-September yet?
                            Pat

Comment

• Sept 1 is mid sept somewhere! Right?

Comment

• I'm just hoping the container gets here early. I'm leaving for an event on Sept 22 and would like to take it with me. Which means for me it has to be shipped by the 15th to get to me in time (always seems to take about a week to get to AZ). I'll build it at the event if I have too.
                                Pat

Comment

• just pre ordered the new mig29 last Thursday. yaaaay

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    The webpage would tell you if they've sold out of the first batch and a new arrival date would be posted.
                                    Thank you for the information looking forward to getting this jet it really looks the business.

Comment

• Does anyone know what missiles the model is loaded out with? I'd like to start designing some scale decals for them.

At a guess, a pair of R27 R1 on the innermost stations, R60s on the other?

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                        Does anyone know what missiles the model is loaded out with? I'd like to start designing some scale decals for them.

At a guess, a pair of R27 R1 on the innermost stations, R60s on the other?
                                        A pair of R-27's (NATO AA-10 Alamo) on the inboard pylons, and 4 R-73's (NATO AA-11 Archer) on the outboards.
                                        Pat

Comment

• I'm going to do a cockpit set for this one to a similar level as I did for the A-10.

Not sure if any more exterior greebles are needed, but I'll be open to suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                          X