Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, bookmarked! ^^

Comment

• I resized the Meteor missiles to 1:9 scale for the Gripen.

Print as light as possible except for the mounting lug (if used). To stabilize printing vertically, some breakaway pads are added to the forward section. Remove after printing. Underwing pylons for the Gripen are here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4713773

Comment

• Thanks it's appreciated!
        Someday I'll get a friend to print these for mine :)

Comment

• Waiting for decent weather so messing around with my new ordnance instead. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224630.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	358962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224353.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	358963Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224655.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	358964Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224324.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	358965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224459.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	358966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224045.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	358967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224255.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	358968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224605.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	358969Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224228.jpg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	358970

Comment

• That's so sick, love it! :DDD

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
              Waiting for decent weather so messing around with my new ordnance instead....
              Really nice job on the armament BenOzzy, did you use the pylons that are on thingiverse and did you modify those? Im asking because i found the originals not to be fitting that well to the wing of the Gripen, or did you design your own maybe?...yours look really nice, specially with all the missles and tanks on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post

Really nice job on the armament BenOzzy, did you use the pylons that are on thingiverse and did you modify those? Im asking because i found the originals not to be fitting that well to the wing of the Gripen, or did you design your own maybe?...yours look really nice, specially with all the missles and tanks on it.
                I used the ones on thingiverse. I just slightly adjusted them with heat after they were printed to fit the bulges in the wings

Comment

• Ben do you want to let me know the resizing you did for the drop tanks? Those are my design and I can make adjustments to them :)

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
                    Ben do you want to let me know the resizing you did for the drop tanks? Those are my design and I can make adjustments to them :)
                    Will do when I get a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post

I think he said he used my pylons from Thingiverse. They fit my Gripen perfectly (as you might expect). What problem did you have with them, exactly?

If people let me know of issues I can generally fix them pretty quickly.

Comment

• The Gripen is pretty wobbly with the slightest wind over the roll / aileron axis. Where do you have your CG or do you just add a gyro? First flew the F22 and afterwards the Gripen. Same conditions the F22 stable, the Gripen with lots of roll.

Comment

• Sorry to change the subject but had a mishap today and need to get parts. Does anyone know which steering arm is needed for the gripen? I know they are listed A-F but can't see which one is needed. Alpha if you could give some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
                            Sorry to change the subject but had a mishap today and need to get parts. Does anyone know which steering arm is needed for the gripen? I know they are listed A-F but can't see which one is needed.
                            A quick search shows "Type A" as the correct one:

-------
                            Freewing Landing Gear Steering Arm Type A - Metal - N512

These are upgrade parts for the following Freewing aircraft:
                            • Dual 64mm EDF Jets (A-10)
                            • 70mm EDF Jets
                            • 80mm EDF Jets
                            --------
                            None of the other types show JAS39 as a special version.​

Comment

• Originally posted by JetFun View Post
                              The Gripen is pretty wobbly with the slightest wind over the roll / aileron axis. Where do you have your CG or do you just add a gyro? First flew the F22 and afterwards the Gripen. Same conditions the F22 stable, the Gripen with lots of roll.
                              Throw a cheap HobbyEagle gyro in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

A quick search shows "Type A" as the correct one:

-------
                                Freewing Landing Gear Steering Arm Type A - Metal - N512

These are upgrade parts for the following Freewing aircraft:
                                • Dual 64mm EDF Jets (A-10)
                                • 70mm EDF Jets
                                • 80mm EDF Jets
                                --------
                                None of the other types show JAS39 as a special version.​
                                Thanks buddy. I was looking specifically for it to say "Jas 39 Gripen" that's where I was going wrong

Comment

• Never used a gyro...

Looking at the Hobbyeagle gyros. Which is the programming card for the Eagle A3 Super 4? Seems there is none available. Can only find the Super 3 version programming card but no separate super 3 gyro.

Not too keen to use the PC to setup.

Basically I might as well get a second gyro for another aeroplane without a second card so I am looking at options.

Input appreciated...

Comment

Never used a gyro...

Looking at the Hobbyeagle gyros. Which is the programming card for the Eagle A3 Super 4? Seems there is none available. Can only find the Super 3 version programming card but no separate super 3 gyro.

Not too keen to use the PC to setup.

Basically I might as well get a second gyro for another aeroplane without a second card so I am looking at options.

Input appreciated...
                                    There is no need to get the "fancy" one that needs a programming card. The cheap A3 EVO is more than adequate to solidify the Gripen. It has both 3-axis and 6-axis gyros and can be programmed using the "blink" codes (via the button). The downloadable instructions are easy to follow. 3-axis will give you the stability you need for what you want to do for this plane. The 6-axis will give you the "recovery" or "panic" mode if you so desire to have it.

If you wish to buy one from MotionRC, they only have (at the moment) the A3 Lite. This one will give you the 3-axis gyro and will tame the "wobblies" on the Gripen. Programmed like the EVO via the onboard button and blinky light.
                                    A3 Lite 3-Axis Airplane Gyro from HobbyEagle - HEA3LTE The A3 Lite is the latest 3-axis gyro for airplanes, which is developed based on AVR platform and applies the high efficiency, concise and mature algorithm. Experience with previous gyros and introduces many new features such as PPM receiver support, separate 3-axi

Comment

• xviper Ok thanks that's helpful.
                                      The lite version only uses one aileron. So it seems like that is sufficient?

Comment

xviper Ok thanks that's helpful.
                                        It can be configured as a "delta wing" (elevon), in which case one elevon plugs into AIL and one plugs into ELE. The TX remains as "normal" wing and the gyro does the mixing. It will give you "gyro ON" and "gyro OFF". Don't use "LOCK" mode for this plane. If you don't hook up the "mode" lead, the gyro will simply be ON all the time. You can even have "master gain" control via the rotary knob on the TX. Turning the master gain to zero is the same as turning the gyro OFF. This is great for initial testing of how much gain you need for any given plane. Once you figure out the ideal gain, mark it on the underside of the battery hatch and always set it at that for that plane. OR, you can determine exactly how much gain is really needed and set the gain pots accordingly and disconnect the master gain lead and never worry about it again.

PS. If you choose to go this route, a tutorial can be given at the time.

Comment

xviper Ok thanks that's helpful.
                                          Negative. it has a delta wing mode for elevons.

Comment

Working...
                                          X