X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I think he said he used my pylons from Thingiverse. They fit my Gripen perfectly (as you might expect). What problem did you have with them, exactly?

If people let me know of issues I can generally fix them pretty quickly.
    i guess i have to check the chat a bit more often, and thanks for the reply...the pylons i downloaded from thingiverse, are nice but they dont seem to fit the wings of my Gripen that well (not sure if those were yours, are you using the same nick there, have to check the download files )...it might be a bit hard to explain with my limited english but i try anyway ... they seem to sit slightly angled inwards on the wings if you look from the fornt i mean, and they also do not fit that good to the round or cylindircal shaped parts that protrude out of wing near the rear of the wing...at least on my Gripen they dont..

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post

i guess i have to check the chat a bit more often, and thanks for the reply...the pylons i downloaded from thingiverse, are nice but they dont seem to fit the wings of my Gripen that well (not sure if those were yours, are you using the same nick there, have to check the download files )...it might be a bit hard to explain with my limited english but i try anyway ... they seem to sit slightly angled inwards on the wings if you look from the fornt i mean, and they also do not fit that good to the round or cylindircal shaped parts that protrude out of wing near the rear of the wing...at least on my Gripen they dont..
      Mine were not facing inwards, but I think that is down to how you mount the brackets into the wings. also the cut out at the rear of the pylons did interfere with the fairing on the underside of the wings but using a bit of heat i was able to shape the pylon around them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post

Mine were not facing inwards, but I think that is down to how you mount the brackets into the wings. also the cut out at the rear of the pylons did interfere with the fairing on the underside of the wings but using a bit of heat i was able to shape the pylon around them.
        Agree on the angle inherited from the brackets in the wings. Mine have about 2mm of clearance around the fairing (bulge). Funny!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

A quick search shows "Type A" as the correct one:

-------
            Freewing Landing Gear Steering Arm Type A - Metal - N512

These are upgrade parts for the following Freewing aircraft:
            • Dual 64mm EDF Jets (A-10)
            • 70mm EDF Jets
            • 80mm EDF Jets
            --------
            None of the other types show JAS39 as a special version.​
            i ordered both A and F as i wasn't sure A was right given where the grub screw was on the arm. turns out it was a good idea as it looks like its in fact F you need not A ..
            Will leave feedback on the website and see if i can get the Gripen added to the list of planes under F

Comment

• Aros, here on line is the person to let know.

Comment

• Thanks Ben, I updated the site pages accordingly.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Missed the Gripen much?

Comment

• Split Screen, 'hands on transmitter' videos of the Gripen, showing some aerobatics in real time and slowmo, and a couple of the formation flights we made for the air-to-air video, hope you find it interesting. :)​

Comment

• Well re-maiden done after her recent crash. Flew with canard rates too high and had her very pitchy on the landing, resulted in a bounce and a plop from about 5 foot high. Lost gear doors, split nose open, bent and tore out all but one gear bent foam around the nose. Got her rebuilt, put in a new Rx with gyro and got the cg back to around the 135mm point and she flew amazingly. Now waiting for Christmas to fit my new fan and motor 😁 while I'm waiting I put in some scale details inspired by Jandro (hope you don't mind) ​​​​​​​​

Comment

• That's from back when I was upgrading my EDF to 8S Jetfan

My 8S 3Ah Panther Li-Pos didn't hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                          That's from back when I was upgrading my EDF to 8S Jetfan

My 8S 3Ah Panther Li-Pos didn't hold up.

need to add more air intake holes. i upgrade mine to 90mm and add more holes on top and make bigger on existing bottom intakes

Comment

• Hey guys

Just wanted to share some shorts my pals Freewing 90mm conversion to 8s . It really moves. I also added some shorts videos from a dronechase.
                            Full video will follow on my channel.
                            Greets Rico

https://youtube.com/shorts/hI_eUelvkdA?feature=share

Comment

• Sick!
                              What flight times do you get?
                              Have you added cheater holes?

What's the exact EDF + motor+ ESC + battery combination if I may ask? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                Sick!
                                What flight times do you get?
                                Have you added cheater holes?

What's the exact EDF + motor+ ESC + battery combination if I may ask? :)
                                Hey, flight times around 5min easy with some highspeed passes. No cheaters added.
                                Fan Midi Evo 90 1600kv Motor Tunrigy 36..?? something and 110Amps peak.
                                A great Combo very light setup and lots of power.

cheers Rico

Comment

• Thanks! :)

Comment

• Comment

• Merry Christmas to you and all my flying friends!

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
                                        Well it seems the consensus is lighter weight is better than more thrust. I have found a link to the new X-fly galaxy fan and motor combo which seems to promise a little too much but I might get one and see what it does to the performance of the jet.
                                        Consider it a mini review of sorts to see does the 3.4kg of thrust with a 6S lipo really add up.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	xfly.jpg Views:	140 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	357239
                                        So 3.4kg of thrust does sound far fetched and I know it's never going to achieve that when installed, But I can confirm preliminary tests are good. Holding the model vertically and using a standard Admiral 40c 4000mah at storage charge at full throttle it wanted to climb out of my hand when I let it go. I know it's not exactly the most scientific but it definitely feels closer to or even slightly more than a 1:1 power to weight ratio of static thrust. Should make the model feel better closer to and after stall.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X