X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Those who are getting theirs from RC Castle, should receive theirs about a month or so earlier - end of Feb vs end of March. I'm one of them and the first thing I'll do is to plant those batteries in there and see if they fit one way or another.
    look forward to it. 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Your crystal ball is clearer than mine!

Don't let all those people saying you have to go 6S and can't use batteries more than 4000mAh or 600g hear you!
      Some of those nimrods at RC Guppy seem to look at the RC world with blinkers on. I'd like to hear their reactions when they restrict themselves to 6s, load all the missiles on, get into a bit of a low altitude "sticky wicket" and try to power out of danger and have to go home for a change of shorts and a black garbage bag to go back for all the pieces.
      "I fly light." ...................... What does this even mean?

BTW, don't you have one of those new, fancy 8K crystal balls? Needs 5G from Huawei to work, though.

Comment

• Love it!

Those experts will have a 2 minute flight time. Oh, and the HV are all the rage over there. Great numbers from a 4400 HV. Don't they realize that those are just overcharged 3700 batteries? HV is just a 15% over charge so reduce what ever it is by 15% and that's what it is at 4.2/ cell.

And they are saying that nose heavy and low rates are dangerous while pushing CG's 2" back from book ("The instructions are always nose heavy, often severely") and you should always max out your throws and use high % expo (too lazy to look for a quote on that one). Either of those set up are bad. It's almost a competition of "I have my CG further back than you do".

Comment

Love it!

Those experts will have a 2 minute flight time. Oh, and the HV are all the rage over there. Great numbers from a 4400 HV. Don't they realize that those are just overcharged 3700 batteries? HV is just a 15% over charge so reduce what ever it is by 15% and that's what it is at 4.2/ cell.
          Are they? I missed those posts. When I first started to use the Coddars, you were about the only other person I read that was also using them. It took quite a while for them to become all the rage. Back then, there were people who were worried that they might not work with some ESCs and that they might cook something. Since I started using them, a couple guys at my field have started to get them and try them. Most are still watching and waiting for the guinea pig (me).

Comment

• Everyone I see is poo poo'ing the Coddar HV saying yay to the SMC HV. I think the loudest of the yay people are influencers that get them free.

Comment

Everyone I see is poo poo'ing the Coddar HV saying yay to the SMC HV. I think the loudest of the yay people are influencers that get them free.
              I have both but have not tried the SMC HV as they arrived after the snow came. The 5300 SMC 6s is quite a bit heavier than the Coddar 6000 6s. I like the Coddars and I'm sure I'll like the SMCs as well. There are pros and cons to each. The SMCs are heavier but much cheaper for me to get while the Coddars weigh very little but at a premium cost. They have performed well for me for one season and I think the SMCs will perform just as well. Performance if equal, price, size, weight are the 3 variables that will decide which ones I get more of.
              I suppose if one were free and I had to pay for the other, the free one will be the best to ensure I get more freebies on the next new product. It's too bad that most people can't see through that. "Influencers" .............................. those who know how NOT to stroke the cat.

Comment

• It's been a few days since any new posts have appeared on this thread so ..................................

Worried about flight times? Wondering if your batteries of choice will fit? Here's a solution (note what's on the shelf behind him). 6S, 60,000 mah. Should fly this plane for 40 minutes.

Seriously, I have no idea what you would use something like this for (can't understand him), but it can be charged on a standard charger.

Comment

• He's using it to power the charger. That's great for those that charge at the field and don't have a power source.

Comment

He's using it to power the charger. That's great for those that charge at the field and don't have a power source.
                    Nice. It looked like he was charging it with the charger. I suppose I could have translated the title.

Comment

• He plugged the big battery into the back of the Hota, the input is on the back.

Comment

• Still no updated ETA?

Comment

• The estimated arrival has not changed. Still mid-Feb to end of March, however, with the latest delay due to Covid and the Chinese New Year, I believe the end of March time frame is more likely. I don't think they've even left the factory for the boat docks yet. RC Castle still indicates shipping will commence Feb. 18. It seems to me that RCC's stock leave the factory doors about the same time the boat load leaves. Freewing apparently didn't pull the reins on this one to allow Motion to get their stock in hand a month or two before allowing other sellers to start their sales.

Comment

• Chinese New Year shut down is now over. Freewing factory production on this plane has resumed. Estimated shipping date for ours to be Feb. 16. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              Chinese New Year shut down is now over. Freewing factory production on this plane has resumed. Estimated shipping date for ours to be Feb. 16. Keeping fingers crossed.
                              Just got a email from Raymond at rc castle still shooting for Feb 16th shipout on the eurofighter
                              he is also checking on xfly b1 bomber possible ship dates ..

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post

Just got a email from Raymond at rc castle still shooting for Feb 16th shipout on the eurofighter
                                he is also checking on xfly b1 bomber possible ship dates ..
                                I asked him the same questions.
                                I didn't want to disclose too much about the B1 just in case somebody at Banana Hobby caught wind of it and tell X-Fly to withhold shipment to anyone but them for a certain amount of time. I don't put it past BH to do exactly that. They want the world to think they and they alone are bringing this plane to market and have an exclusive on it.

Comment

• I can't wait for the Eurofighter to arrive, I'm going to sit back and watch all the complaints about it and the drama, then I may order one.......

Comment

• Why wait, start posting now and get ahead of the curve. After all the new player is XFly and the ol' Banana.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                      I can't wait for the Eurofighter to arrive, I'm going to sit back and watch all the complaints about it and the drama, then I may order one.......
                                      Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Why wait, start posting now and get ahead of the curve. After all the new player is XFly and the ol' Banana.
                                      I don't think you'll need to wait long or even have to start posting now. Since this is one of the current new releases in the foamie EDF class, the Banana shills will show up shortly after delivery to say they got theirs and how bad it is - if you can't hype up your own product any further, trash the competitors'. Old "car sales" trick. Still sort of works, except more and more potential customers hate the trash talk and steer away.
                                      I'll eventually have both, so it won't be hard to tell who's honest and who's just BS-ing.

Comment

• Seems to be some more videos from the overseas boys.
                                        They seem to be better quality, less of that GoPro on a stick stuff.

Comment

•  

Comment

Working...
                                          X