Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Icarus the 2nd;n372540]Just maidened mine. Take-off from grass was very easy. Mine has a 8S Wemotec unit installed.

This plane is really easy to land :)/QUOTE]
    Thanks. Very informative and entertaining. The Eurofighters in our little group will primarily be flown from grass. There was a query about whether the 8S was necessary or worth it. Your video shows that, at least, an 8S version will operate quite adequately from grass. I don't remember if it's been shown that a 6S version will do just as well. With full armament load and flying at near 3500' elevation, I have no regrets about choosing the 8S version. Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and discover you should have.

Comment

• [QUOTE=xviper;n372541]
      Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
      Just maidened mine. Take-off from grass was very easy. Mine has a 8S Wemotec unit installed.

This plane is really easy to land :)/QUOTE]
      Thanks. Very informative and entertaining. The Eurofighters in our little group will primarily be flown from grass. There was a query about whether the 8S was necessary or worth it. Your video shows that, at least, an 8S version will operate quite adequately from grass. I don't remember if it's been shown that a 6S version will do just as well. With full armament load and flying at near 3500' elevation, I have no regrets about choosing the 8S version. Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and discover you should have.
      Thanks man, same here, I wasn't sure if the 6S could manage our grass but this 8S version was airborn in just 30 metres, very easy to take-off and land also

Good luck with yours!!!
      https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Maidened mine the weekend. first flight was squirrely as hell. had cg set to about 25mm back from the wing marks but had very high rates and low gyro gains. second flight I dialed the rates down a bit and had CG about 20mm back behind the mark and it flew beautifully. the landing was unbelievable. just slowly feed in up elevator while feeding in throttle here and there and she settles on the mains like a dream. hoping to get her out again soon with the CG back at the original 25mm behind. will upload the video of the maiden. but the the second flight video got corrupted

Comment

• So what rates did you end up with? About book rates?

Comment

• I will have to take a look when i get home. I may still change them as I have some other batteries i plan on using so as the CG moves around a little I may need to adjust the rates to a happy medium. I first set them up similarly to that of ArthurRC but I'm not using the canards in roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              So what rates did you end up with? About book rates?
              If it can help: I had 35mm on the elevators and 27mm on the ailerons
              30% expo for elevator and 15% ailerons

Comment

• And no roll on the canards? Thanks

Comment

So what rates did you end up with? About book rates?
                  Ok so the rates might change next time I fly her but so far elevator is 30mm up and down 27% expo. Aileron is 40mm and 25% expo. The canards are moving 15mm either side of the nose mark and mixed into the elevator so same expo (no roll). I might put more in at some point but it feels pretty good at the moment.

Comment

And no roll on the canards? Thanks
                    Not sure if the question was meant for me.

Anyways, I'm using roll on the canards. I didn't bypass the mixing board in any way and I only adjusted the pushrods of both canards to have them lined up with the markings on the fuse.
                    ​​​

Comment

• It was really for anyone...

So between the two,
                      35mm on the elevators and 27mm on the ailerons 30% expo for elevator and 15% ailerons. Canards roll and pitch.

30mm on elevator is 30mm 27% expo. 40mm on aileron 25% expo. The canards are moving 15mm either side of the nose mark and mixed into the elevator so same expo (no roll).

​Manual is 35/43mm on elevator and 30/30% expo. 16/25mm on ailerons and 30/30% expo.

Both of you are very different than the book rates, especially ailerons and all expo. Did you try book rates? I ask about roll canards as not having them you may want more aileron deflection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        Quick update on Eurofighter arrival to the USA (we already received and shipped the plane from our EU location to all our EU customers).

The Eurofighter is in the USA. It has already be offloaded form the ship and is on the rail on the way to Chicago. The train will arrive in Chicago this weekend and it will likely be unloaded from the train this weekend. We expect the truck to pick it up from the rail yard and deliver it Monday or Tuesday of next week. We will ship them out the day they arrive. We are expecting 6-10 inches of snow today to there is a possibility this could cause a 1 day delay.
                        We didn't get the predicted snow. I hope it is still on schedule.

Comment

• Ship… ship… Evan needs a new plane!

Comment

• Waiting. Hopefully the train didn't derail? LOL

Comment

• It’s not in Ohio!

Comment

It’s not in Ohio!
                                They may have taken a detour? LOL

Comment

It was really for anyone...

So between the two,
                                  35mm on the elevators and 27mm on the ailerons 30% expo for elevator and 15% ailerons. Canards roll and pitch.

30mm on elevator is 30mm 27% expo. 40mm on aileron 25% expo. The canards are moving 15mm either side of the nose mark and mixed into the elevator so same expo (no roll).

​Manual is 35/43mm on elevator and 80/100% expo. 16/25mm on ailerons and 40/60% expo.

Both of you are very different than the book rates, especially ailerons and all expo. Did you try book rates? I ask about roll canards as not having them you may want more aileron deflection.
                                  Hmmmm strange. I admit that I never looked at rates in the manual.

In my vid you could see that my rolls looked more like barrel rolls. That was when I used only 25mm deflection with 25% expo. I had a much better roll rate with 27mm and 15% in my next flights and the sluggish feeling was gone also.

I really wonder why the manual calls for such a low roll rate and so much expo.
                                  And the 80-100% expo on elevator is really strange. I can understand that some of our post stall expert pilots need those with extreme deflections but that's not a good thing for most pilots I guess.

Comment

• I have the Eurofighter V2. Is there any reason the deflections I use and like on that would not be appropriate for the new version?

Comment

It’s not in Ohio!
                                      We have Norfolk Southern lines right here, but the biggest train holdups have been from CSX, which was sued by the city a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
                                        And the 80-100% expo on elevator is really strange.
                                        I read 30% expo on all control surfaces. I don't see where you find 80-100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                          I have the Eurofighter V2. Is there any reason the deflections I use and like on that would not be appropriate for the new version?
                                          The only thing that occurs to me would be weight. The old V2 is lighter, so it may not need so much control surface movement to get the thing to roll/pitch/yaw. Also, the V2 had vector nozzles that may help with moving the plane through all its axis.

Comment

Working...
                                          X