Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    55mm
    Awesome, that's perfect. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Question to MRC Support:

The so-called "spareparts bag" contains a "Nose gear spring". I'd guess that it's not meant to replace the fitted one in case of failure, but that it has a different characteristic.
      When my assumption is correct, would you please let us know if it's softer or harder?
      I'm not keen enough to finding it out by myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
        Question to MRC Support:

The so-called "spareparts bag" contains a "Nose gear spring". I'd guess that it's not meant to replace the fitted one in case of failure, but that it has a different characteristic.
        When my assumption is correct, would you please let us know if it's softer or harder?
        I'm not keen enough to finding it out by myself.
        Yeah, I was curious why they would provide a spare one that's the same. I've never had to replace one because it went "bad" or got lost.

Comment

• Ok I’m confused (permanent state these days). Are decals applied or not. Seems from this blog that it’s a pretty much crap shoot. I don’t think I want to tackle applying them.
          may be I buy a bunch of RAF roundels

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTaff View Post
            Ok I’m confused (permanent state these days). Are decals applied or not. Seems from this blog that it’s a pretty much crap shoot. I don’t think I want to tackle applying them.
            may be I buy a bunch of RAF roundels
            If you buy this product from MotionRC, the decals are NOT applied. That was a specially granted feature for those who made the biggest noises about wanting a "clean slate" to work with, so they sell only the ones with no decals applied. If you buy it from a seller like RC Castle, directly from Hong Kong, the decals ARE applied. However, if you live in the US, you will miss out on the free shipping from Motion. US customers will pay a higher final "to your door" price. Non-US residents, no so much and some cases, slightly cheaper.

Comment

• The “Tiger Meet” decals are not applied on planes bought from MRC. Those are the decals on the vertical tail/stab, the associated black stripes below it and on the canards. Spanish roundels, serial number and a few nomenclature decals (partly simply taken over from the Eurofighter V1) are applied.
              A few pics can be found here:

Am "beeindruckensten" finde ich aber die Schubwerte 😜: Das setzt nun Hr. WeMoTec so richtig unter Druck. Muss er jetzt die fehlenden 0,6kg finden. Vielleicht an den Laborbedingungen bisschen schrauben? Mit "optimierten" Schub-Messgeräten? 😉 😛 Scherz! ...

Comment

• These fellas have been posting up a lot of videos of their Typhoons. In the thumbnail on their video page from today, they have 12 of them lined up:
                Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Quite the gaggle.

When they flew them, they only had 6 in the air. I can't imagine their club rules would allow 12 at once.

Comment

• They’re crazy with a few in the air!

Comment

• I wonder how often they have collisions.

Comment

• Here's the latest video from Wes (MotionRC) doing a speed run. On 6S, no armament, it clocked 147mph. HOWEVER, this was start off from a very steep power dive from quite high up. I always thought that speed recordings were done on a straight and level power pass with no initial dive to get it going. If you pull out of the dive as close as possible to the radar gun, the faster speed you can record.

Comment

• What is dis hey?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          I'm 99% sure it will be impossible to remove then with water or some similar way without ruining the surface paint.
                          I just bought some microset to help with placing and adhering the decals if i do decide to go for it and it says that you can use microset to remove decals as well as set them so if I'm brave enough tonight i will see if I can use microset to remove one of the decals without hurting the paint. if I can then I will go full RAF on it

Comment

• would have been nice to have the option for Vectored thrust....😀maybe next delivery

Comment

• Doubt it. It would require a redesign and different molds.

Comment

would have been nice to have the option for Vectored thrust....😀maybe next delivery
                                You always have the option of kit-bashing. Get the MiG29 VT kit (nozzles are the right size) and surgically implant the functional parts into your Eurofighter.

Foamies have caused our skills to atrophy, when we see that the most challenging aspect of this model is how to remove or apply decals..

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
                                  What is dis hey?
                                  Are you the 3rd Petrincic brother? Capt. Blazkovic? It's like Christmas all over again, ain't it?

Comment

would have been nice to have the option for Vectored thrust....😀maybe next delivery
                                    Although I highly doubt it, I was quite surprised when they announced the vector nozzles for the MiG29. However, that announcement came even before the plane actually arrived in the US. If they had it mind to do the same on this one, we would have heard about it long ago.
                                    I have 2 sets of vector nozzles from my old SebArt twin 700mm MiG29 and my first SU35. The nozzle outlets seems very close in size to the stock outlets on this Typhoon, maybe slightly bigger. I sure if one wanted to, one could rip and tear the back end and cobble together some kind of vectored back end. It would look like Frankenstein and I'd be ashamed to have it seen at any field.

Comment

one could rip and tear the back end and cobble together some kind of vectored back end. It would look like Frankenstein and I'd be ashamed to have it seen at any field.
                                      Disagree. Anyone who in the past has scratch built a model could do it and make it look great too. Trouble is, so few have the skill to do that any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post

I just bought some microset to help with placing and adhering the decals if i do decide to go for it and it says that you can use microset to remove decals as well as set them so if I'm brave enough tonight i will see if I can use microset to remove one of the decals without hurting the paint. if I can then I will go full RAF on it
                                        So... decals do not lift with microset... they look nice and flush now though, setting nicely into the panel lines

looks like I'm going with the kitty cat for now until have the time and equipment to do a full respray into an RAF scheme.

Comment

Are you the 3rd Petrincic brother? Capt. Blazkovic? It's like Christmas all over again, ain't it?
                                          my buddy called me captain Splosh the other day. He said Its a mix of Captain Blaz and the sound of my models landing in the sea... seems I've gone and got myself a reputation

Comment

Working...
                                          X