First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something exciting arrived into the UK today
    Attached Files

Comment

• Home-made "afterburners" on the V3. Also my "heavy nozzles" (160 grams for the pair).

https://youtu.be/iHtrOka4HXI

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        So I did some measurements....
        Excellent analysis again. Please keep posting your test results. I'm going to school on your experience.

I will get my hands on my airframe in about 2 weeks. I will use a Jeti radio with all the flight controls on separate channels so I can make adjustments and mixes in the radio. I usually like to set my CG so that there is very little pitch to canopy during a 45 degree inverted upline at higher power settings. This helps me to do slow high AOA flight and approach and landing flare with out excess speed or banging the nose gear first. I'm sure based on what I've read so far that the CG will be well aft of the mark so your 20-30mm aft makes much sense to me.

I've flown 2 different CARF Eurosports in the past years and found the canards don't make much difference in roll or pitch. They did help when dropping the trailing edge to help lift the nose on take off rotation, landing flare, and slow high AOA flight. So I ended up using them when you would use conventional flaps. However I never had the wonky rolls that I have seen in some of the first videos of this jet. Hopefully you can figure it out and let us know.

Thanks,
        Gary

Comment

• Finally received my package from Callie , some nice schemes for Typhoons

Comment

• Originally posted by T- Elbert View Post
            Finally received my package from Callie , some nice schemes for Typhoons
            What are you using to mount the plane ?

Comment

• Anyone interested in how I made the faster gear/door sequencer, details are here:

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• Apriliamgt

I use large screw in hooks to the studs ( or in this case a support board) . I them use a small rope looped around the gear. On lighter planes the nose gear works fine. Push the rope up to the base of the gear. For larger planes like the F14 or the Mig29 I use two hooks and turn the plane nose down and rope the main gear.
                I have been doing this for years and it works great.

Comment

• Does anyone have a photo of the Home Depot paint codes for the Eurofighter grey paint?

Comment

Finally received my package from Callie , some nice schemes for Typhoons
                    I Like That Scheme! Did she create it at your request and was there any additional painting needed?
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh
                      she did create them for me , price was very reasonable. I had to overpaint the numbers and Spanish rondels, then paint the spine and the canopy frame. I did it in an evening , the decals fit pretty good they needed a bit of trimming but they always need a bit. 1/ 10.67 was the scale I requested it was really close to perfect.

Comment

• Here`s my scheme Guys. Callie grafics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Here`s my scheme Guys. Callie grafics WHOOPS.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good. Have you flown it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Looks good. Have you flown it yet?
                              Not yet Evan ,it`s to darn windy here in MI for us old guys!

Comment

• It's been bad here too. Either wind or rain or both. Good luck on your maiden when there is a break in the weather.

Comment

,,,,I had to overpaint the numbers and Spanish rondels, then paint the spine and the canopy frame. I did it in an evening , the decals fit pretty good they needed a bit of trimming but they always need a bit....

What did you use paint over the Spanish roundels and to paint the spine and canopy frame? Do you have the Home Depot paint code to match or did you use some other paint?

Did you have to sand off the mold marks to get the Callie graphics to lay flat or will they cover the little mold marks?

Any advice for applying the large Callie graphic sheets?

Gary

Comment

• I had some Home Depot paint that was close and did some hand tinting from there( custom painter by trade). The black was just testers flat black enamel (don’t use lacquer).
                                    The mold marks can be knocked down with 400 grit. Also a little heat from the low setting on your monokote heat gun will help shrink or stretch the vinyl to get rid of wrinkles, take it slow and smooth them out with a soft cloth as you go.
                                    As for applying large sheets, I cut them as close to the edges as I can then pick a starting point. I will peel only a small section of the backing at a time, this prevents the sheets from sticking everywhere, also I will carefully remove the frisket paper as I move across the panel . This makes it easier to see how it is laying down and I can apply heat to take care of wrinkles.A sharp xacto blade is a must, you can pop larger bubbles with it, although the bubbles usually will work themselves out.

Comment

• Originally posted by viper1gj View Post

What did you use paint over the Spanish roundels and to paint the spine and canopy frame? Do you have the Home Depot paint code to match or did you use some other paint?

Did you have to sand off the mold marks to get the Callie graphics to lay flat or will they cover the little mold marks?

Any advice for applying the large Callie graphic sheets?

Gary
                                      Gary I used Duplicote filler/primer gray on the decals, almost a perfect match. No I idid not sand any thing. I did us some automotive pre paint cleaner . The black is Rustolium Satin Black. As far as apply the decals I pretty much just take my time and don`t press down hard untill I am sure they are where I want them. Of course on this A/C scheme there are no hard curves to deal with!

Hope that helps Drifty

Comment

• Thanks guys, helpful info.
                                        Gary

Comment

• I wonder if anyone has the same configuration as me,

I have the 8S version with two admiral 4s 6000 MaH batteries "I had to grease the batteries to get them in" Not really but they are tight and no room to wiggle

I do have a freewing afterburner installed but lets not get into its functionality

I am concerned about balance seems to be awfully nose heavy even with the supplied weight what is acceptable for CG

Comment

Working...
                                          X