Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just added this to the fleet. Wondering why not as much love as i would think this should get. I am very much looking forward to doing a full setup without the blue box etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post
      Just added this to the fleet. Wondering why not as much love as i would think this should get. I am very much looking forward to doing a full setup without the blue box etc.
      Glad your enjoying yours, it is an awesome flyer and one of the best looking in the Freewing lineup, I sold mine recently just because I got into the bigger jets but enjoyed all the flights I had with it, hope to see an even larger version one day.

Comment

• I don't know why I haven't been inspired to fly mine more. It flys great and looks great and I have it in a handy spot in my garage to grab it and go fly it.

Comment

• I am very excited to get this set up and airborne. it looks like its creampuff of a flyer.

Comment

Just added this to the fleet. Wondering why not as much love as i would think this should get. I am very much looking forward to doing a full setup without the blue box etc.
            Maybe because it's so trouble free people don't feel the need to discuss issues with it.

Love mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	348641801_258154730069907_2947346411920153415_n.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	391964

Comment

• Great to hear, i can't wait to get it in the air!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Maybe because it's so trouble free people don't feel the need to discuss issues with it.

Love mine. Click image for larger version  Name:	348641801_258154730069907_2947346411920153415_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	323.6 KB ID:	391964
                I didn't find one thing wrong with mine, no complaints here, it was trouble free and it looks and flies great.

Comment

• it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231206_145151.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	392191

But my wife is the grinch and won't let me open it until December 25th!!!!

Comment

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231206_145151.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	392191

But my wife is the grinch and won't let me open it until December 25th!!!!
                    Good for her.....

Comment

• In the pack of screws etc that comes with the model there is a 'Nose Undercarriage Spring', but the assembly instructions have nothing on how to install it. Any help please on how to install the spring?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastjet57 View Post
                        In the pack of screws etc that comes with the model there is a 'Nose Undercarriage Spring', but the assembly instructions have nothing on how to install it. Any help please on how to install the spring?
                        In the absence of specific guidance in the manual, the consensus seems to be that it's an alternative spring for the nose strut, with a different stiffness.

Comment

• Thanks, that would make sense. The basic spring is very stiff so maybe the other one is softer. I presume one would have to take the whole nosegear assembly out to change the spring?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastjet57 View Post
                            Thanks, that would make sense. The basic spring is very stiff so maybe the other one is softer. I presume one would have to take the whole nosegear assembly out to change the spring?
                            If it's like other Freewing struts, you just need to remove the trailing link (be careful not to lose the circlips) and pull the plunger out. The spring fits behind the plunger.

Comment

• Just putting mine together and a few things. First is a very nice-looking plane and i am very much looking forward to the maiden. I also noticed the extra spring so thank you guys for answer that question above.

Also, even though it comes with no tiger decals applied, it still has many out of the box including wing stickers and an aircraft number, which is disappointing. Anyone know of a good way to remove those?

Online many complain about the gear cycle speed but mine go up and down lightning quick, which makes me wonder if they changed something in the blue box? I was planning on ripping out their mixing box entirely save for keeping the lights going but now I might just fly it as stock before performing the surgery.

Comment

• Just a correction. When you do the sequenced doors. Ie closed > open > closed. they are slow. i could cut about 8 seconds from the entire sequence with a rewire.

Comment

• Paint over decals you don’t like. You can’t remove them without harming the surface of the foam. You can program the retract sequencing through most radios or use Kallends sequencer (I tried and took it out), or swap out the FreeWing sequencer (what I’ve done) or live with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Paint over decals you don’t like. You can’t remove them without harming the surface of the foam. You can program the retract sequencing through most radios or use Kallends sequencer (I tried and took it out), or swap out the FreeWing sequencer (what I’ve done) or live with it.
                                    I changed the code in response to your comments. I don't think you tried the revised version.

Comment

• Once I got it working as I like it I left it. Doesn’t change the choices he has.

Comment

• Simply paint over the decals. I like to use a foam roller and then a quick rub with a 320 grit pad to get the original paint smoothness back .
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X