X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s the only difference.

This doesn’t balance without adding tail weight even for 6S. You will have to balance the plane.

personal preference. Too light means a small mAh pack , too heavy and difficult to balance and may not fit the area.

Mine is hanging up but that sounds right.

Maybe tell us what you propose to use and we can say how it’ll fit and balance?

Comment

• Hello,
      For those who have the 8S version, do you confirm the weight announced by Motion without battery: 3230g ?
      I ask this because Motion lists the same weight for the 8S and 6S version.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        That’s the only difference.

This doesn’t balance without adding tail weight even for 6S. You will have to balance the plane.

personal preference. Too light means a small mAh pack , too heavy and difficult to balance and may not fit the area.

Mine is hanging up but that sounds right.

Maybe tell us what you propose to use and we can say how it’ll fit and balance?
        • I own sepktrum 4S - 3200mah - 50c - 320g each. But I'm afraid the flight will be too short, what do you think ?
        • I also have sepktrum 4S - 5000mah - 100c - 480g each: but they are too big according to the photo and both are too heavy (960g) what do you think ?​

Comment

• Other than the EDF unit the two are the same. I think under 4000 8s is too small though it would help with fit and balance. I had to add weight using 650g batteries so you’ll probably need to too, depending on where you like to balance it. If no one answers I’ll lower mine from the ceiling and check measurements when I have the earliest opportunity.

Comment

Other than the EDF unit the two are the same. I think under 4000 8s is too small though it would help with fit and balance. I had to add weight using 650g batteries so you’ll probably need to too, depending on where you like to balance it. If no one answers I’ll lower mine from the ceiling and check measurements when I have the earliest opportunity.
            thank you for your answer !

Comment

• Originally posted by Olivier_ View Post
              Hello

I plan to buy the 8S version but I need to clarify several points:
              • Apart from the 4075-1350Kv (8S) motor, what are the other differences with the 6S version ?
              • CG: on Motion website the manuals are the same for the 6S and the 8S, do you confirm that the CG is the same for the 2 versions ?
              • What is the minimum and maximum weight that you recommend for the 2 lipos ?
              • how do you hold the 2 lipos 4S - 5000mah recommended by Motion in the compartment 70mm wide and 55mm high (as indicated in the manual) ? Do you confirm these actual sizes of the lipo compartment ?
              In advance Thank you for your answers

regards
              Olivier

Oliver:

Good plan to get the 8S version, I love mine.
              1) no other differences except ESC/Motor (which will be slightly heavier than the 6S-helping to get the CG back)
              2) CG is same as there is no difference in the airframe-Although I feel the better balance point is at least 20mm aft of manual, so you will need to install the cylindrical weight it comes with in the tail extension from fuselage that you glue on (just drill out some foam to fit it in). You may also need to add extra weight to get to your desired CG
              3) The lighter the better, as usual. I'm using either 2 SMC HiV 4400 4S, dimensions 30x45x140, weight 408 gr. (total 816 gr) and my preferred pack is the new 8S SMC HiV 4400 pack (no need for adapter) 58x45x140, weight 780 gr. so the compartment dimension you listed sound about right. I get 4:00 flight time with aggressive flying on the 4400's. 5000's might be a bit heavy adding at least 150 more gr. My flying buddy also has the 8S and he flew it on 2 SMC 5300's, got plenty of flight time but just not as enjoyable as with the 4400's he also now uses. SMC also makes a HiV 8S 5300 pack weighing 964 gr and is 61x50x150 that would fit nice, but you'll have to see what you like best.

You'll really enjoy this model!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Some bad news. First the Spek batteries you have are hard cased. I won't go into what is bad about hard vs soft... they are 40*47*138 on line but you show 39mm wide so I'll go with 47*78*138 for the two.

The battery bay can fit a battery 170mm long so no problem there. They can fit 55mm high so no problem there. I had to make a block 78mm wide to test the width. I think you can just barely have a 78mm wide battery laying on the battery tray though maybe not with the battery strap. But the problem is the fuselage narrows at the top so you can't fit them in to get them to the battery tray. the width along the canopy edge is 73mm. Maybe putting in one and then trying to squeeze the other in, maybe. But also the battery strap thickness will be an issue.

Also the weight. I am balancing mine a bit aft of the book CG and the battery is all the way back, battery wires pointed aft and I added quite a bit of tail weight. As I said I'm flying 6S and 650g batteries. I think you really should shop for better fitting/ balancing/ performing batteries.

Note to Hugh, both the 6S and 8S use the same ESC.

Originally posted by Olivier_ View Post
                • I own sepktrum 4S - 3200mah - 50c - 320g each. But I'm afraid the flight will be too short, what do you think ?
                • I also have sepktrum 4S - 5000mah - 100c - 480g each: but they are too big according to the photo and both are too heavy (960g) what do you think ?​

Comment

Interesting, I just assumed it would be different. Thanks for pointing that out. So anyone with a 6S could easily change to 8S with just the EDF cost.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Some bad news. First the Spek batteries you have are hard cased. I won't go into what is bad about hard vs soft... they are 40*47*138 on line but you show 39mm wide so I'll go with 47*78*138 for the two.

The battery bay can fit a battery 170mm long so no problem there. They can fit 55mm high so no problem there. I had to make a block 78mm wide to test the width. I think you can just barely have a 78mm wide battery laying on the battery tray though maybe not with the battery strap. But the problem is the fuselage narrows at the top so you can't fit them in to get them to the battery tray. the width along the canopy edge is 73mm. Maybe putting in one and then trying to squeeze the other in, maybe. But also the battery strap thickness will be an issue.

Also the weight. I am balancing mine a bit aft of the book CG and the battery is all the way back, battery wires pointed aft and I added quite a bit of tail weight. As I said I'm flying 6S and 650g batteries. I think you really should shop for better fitting/ balancing/ performing batteries.

Thanks to all for your precise and quick response.
                    I have doubts about the identical weight between the 6S and 8S version because the 8S engine is more efficient, more demanding and therefore undoubtedly heavier, right?
                    Do you confirm 3230g (without battery) for the 8S version ?​

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Oliver:

Good plan to get the 8S version, I love mine.
                      1) no other differences except ESC/Motor (which will be slightly heavier than the 6S-helping to get the CG back)
                      2) CG is same as there is no difference in the airframe-Although I feel the better balance point is at least 20mm aft of manual, so you will need to install the cylindrical weight it comes with in the tail extension from fuselage that you glue on (just drill out some foam to fit it in). You may also need to add extra weight to get to your desired CG
                      3) The lighter the better, as usual. I'm using either 2 SMC HiV 4400 4S, dimensions 30x45x140, weight 408 gr. (total 816 gr) and my preferred pack is the new 8S SMC HiV 4400 pack (no need for adapter) 58x45x140, weight 780 gr. so the compartment dimension you listed sound about right. I get 4:00 flight time with aggressive flying on the 4400's. 5000's might be a bit heavy adding at least 150 more gr. My flying buddy also has the 8S and he flew it on 2 SMC 5300's, got plenty of flight time but just not as enjoyable as with the 4400's he also now uses. SMC also makes a HiV 8S 5300 pack weighing 964 gr and is 61x50x150 that would fit nice, but you'll have to see what you like best.

You'll really enjoy this model!
                      Thank you for your reply !
                      If you have 4min of flight with 4400mah, with 3200mah, I should have 2.9min of flight which is still correct. In addition, 2 x 4400mah weighs 816g and 2 x 3200mah weighs 640g, a gain of 166g with 3200mah.
                      This weight gain should also increase flight duration, what do you think ?​

Comment

• The 8S EDF is heavier. about 100g. I can not confirm either the 6 or 8S weight. As I have said I have added tail weight.

Comment

• Eurofighter heavy nozzles if you need tailweight. They have accommodation for up to 50g of lead per nozzle/ They also have a more accurate outline than the stock nozzle.

If tailweight is needed for CG positioning, each of these nozzles weighs between 30 and 50 grams depending on how you print it. Each nozzle also has slots for inserting lead shot or small weights, up to 50g per nozzle. IMPORTANT: The duct through the nozzle is offset at the front by some 3mm to match the hole in the foam where it attaches. You will need to ensure that the nozzle is in the correct orientation for the nozzle to align with the hole. Just rotate it until the best fit with the hole is found, mark the position, then glue it to the stub. The cutting guide slips over the foam stub where the stock nozzle would attach, and indicates where to cut so a 6mm foam stub is left to which the new nozzle will be glued. (Shortening the stub leaves more room for weights). I suggest marking the stub so you can correctly align the petals on the new nozzle, since the original alignment grooves will have been removed. Make sure it is securely attached so it can't fall off in flight. I suggest taping the join on the inside both to strengthen the joint and to smooth the airflow.

Comment

• Radar-guy's hollow tailpiece allows easy adjustment of tailweight. Looks good too.

Comment

• Hello
                              Can someone post a photo of the ESC and EDF compartment please ?
                              thanks 😀​

Comment

• Hi Guys, Not sure if this is the right place to post a new Eurofighter comment. I am just putting together my 8S version and have already made some modifications to get the batteries further back to accommodate two 4S 6000mAh HRB Lipos. Managed to move the batteries back around an inch but still had to add 240g of lead to the rear to balance at 20mm behind the CG mark. The main reason for posting is to mention that the wing spar tube in one wing is undersize on my model. The wing spar fits the fuzz and other wing without problems but was far too tight in one wing and I couldn't move it more than a couple of inches into the wing before it locked up. I spent quite some time with 400 grit wet and dry paper (wet) carefully rubbing down part of the wing spar until it would fit into the tight tube. Now it fits ok albeit a bit tight. Generally the model quality looks really good but I have a couple of moans worth mentioning. I have ordered graphics from Callie as I dont like the stock colour scheme. Great the model comes without the tiger graphics attached but unfortunately all the other graphics including the Spanish roundels are applied! I have had to paint these out. The second piont is that the cockpit details is about as bad as they come! The pilot is too small and looks stupid. The heads up is a solid green plate which looks awful and the graphics for cockpit interior are horrible. I had a spare pilot from the MIG29 which was also too small (i fitted a slightly large one in the MIG) I used this in the Eurofighter and modified the helmet etc to try to make it look better. I will post some pictures soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by FAREASTRADER View Post
                                  The second piont is that the cockpit details is about as bad as they come! The pilot is too small and looks stupid. The heads up is a solid green plate which looks awful and the graphics for cockpit interior are horrible. I had a spare pilot from the MIG29 which was also too small (i fitted a slightly large one in the MIG) I used this in the Eurofighter and modified the helmet etc to try to make it look better. I will post some pictures soon.
                                  This seems to be a Freewing/Fliteline thing. The pilot figures often are undersized. The 1600mm FL Spitfire is another case in point with a silly little "pilot".

The previous (V2) Eurofighter from FW had a very nice cockpit and ejection seat (but still a silly little pilot). The Mirage2000 had optional STL files for cockpit details (since removed from the MRC web site). Gripen has a decent sized pilot but lousy cockpit.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

This seems to be a Freewing/Fliteline thing. The pilot figures often are undersized. The 1600mm FL Spitfire is another case in point with a silly little "pilot".

The previous (V2) Eurofighter from FW had a very nice cockpit and ejection seat (but still a silly little pilot). The Mirage2000 had optional STL files for cockpit details (since removed from the MRC web site). Gripen has a decent sized pilot but lousy cockpit.
                                    Totally agree, Kallend! I replaced the pilot in my Spitfire with a proper RAF looking pilot a long time ago that was much bigger than the mini-USAAF pilot that it came with originally. I cross-referenced photos of Spitfires with pilots in them, and it was a pretty tight fit. I'm happy with the replacement pilot in my case.

Also, I replaced the undersized "androgynous" pilot that came with E Flite Beech 18 and installed a larger pilot that was more in scale for the plane.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• kallend davegee,

Yep, pilot figures have been the bane of our hobby for decades.

At least today we have a greater number of choices, but sadly, these are always at our own expense.

I think FlightLine/FreeWing are trying to do more with some newer offerings ; however, there really is no trying, there's only doing or done.

Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finally got me one, have 11 flights on it now, still messing with the weight in the tail and CG adjustments, flies great is all I can say and looks awesome with the ordinance which I do fly with, I just don't like flying empty.....

Waiting on Callie for my Italian graphic kit coming soon I hope.

Attached Files

Comment

• i wonder whats going on with replacement parts availability ... been waiting for canards for at least 3 months..!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X