Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the 6S and did some weight and balance work to see what I would have to do for my JF/HET system to go into it using batteries that are a 6+2, with the 6S being 575-645g and the 2S being 250g.

When I built mine I put two 21g slugs in the stinger to have a good balance with the 6S, balance at 25-30mm behind the marks, 25 without stores and 30 with stores.

To balance the 6+2 and 8S fan would take serious weight in the tail (I forget the number I came up with but more than I wanted to consider). I did calculate that if I put the 2S under the speed brake it wouldn't take any additional weight, or a very minor amount. Adding an AB is very minor as little as they weigh and as far forward as the fan is.

Admirals are usually heavy and to consider 6000's??? Why not go with around 4500-5000?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2145.jpg
Views:	1348
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	374568Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2144.jpg
Views:	1371
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	374569Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2146.jpg
Views:	1384
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	374570
      Decked it out in RAF Demo team livery Callie Graphics did a good job. Still waiting on a couple of RAF roundels to cover Spanish ones See the battery bay No wiggle room

Comment

• In answer to Evan D this is what Motion RC had listed as recommended I guess I should not confuse sell with install....

Comment

• Wow, 624g ea for 1250g of battery is crazy. You would probably have to add close to a pound of weight in the back to get a decent flight balance (I don't consider the marks a good flight balance).

Edit- ​1250g compared to the 645g batteries I'm using and I have 42g of weight in the stinger (further back from the CG as the battery is forward of the CG) add a ounce or two where the fan is and quick math means you'd need about a pound and a half at the rudder area to balance where I'm flying. I don't think that would be practical. If you used their recommended 5000 6 +2 that would be 645 + 285 or 930g. Unless you put the 2S under the airbrake you would need a lot of tail weight with this combo too.

I guess their recommendation is based on what they sell. The manual they post on Motion is the 6S one with 6S battery recommendations (760g 6S battery shown in the picture in the manual).

Originally posted by TonyTaff View Post
          In answer to Evan D this is what Motion RC had listed as recommended I guess I should not confuse sell with install....

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTaff View Post
            I do have a freewing afterburner installed but lets not get into its functionality

The lamp is good. The controller can be fixed.

Comment

Decked it out in RAF Demo team livery Callie Graphics did a good job. Still waiting on a couple of RAF roundels to cover Spanish ones See the battery bay No wiggle room
              Are you going with the Black Jack scheme?

Click image for larger version

Name:	blackjack.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	374581

Attached Files

Comment

Good scheme Tony!

Comment

• https://www.ebay.com/itm/32558998791...mis&media=COPY
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Typhoon_EF2000(T)_30+20_11286.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	374662

Comment

• 😉

​ ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Seems my changes have fixed the roll issue.

Comment

I like the scheme / livery , but something just not sitting right with this one , I think it would definitely suit a “black” fuzz and wings . I’m kinda glad in some way I didn’t order these graphics frpm
                          callie now . As I had no intention of painting it black

Comment

• John, did you get to fly yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              John, did you get to fly yours?
                              This John didn't.. We got strong winds and thunderstorms.

Maybe Tuesday. If not, mid May as I'm off to Australia and NZ for 6 weeks, leaving Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

This John didn't.. We got strong winds and thunderstorms.

Maybe Tuesday. If not, mid May as I'm off to Australia and NZ for 6 weeks, leaving Friday.
                                Finally got it in the air today. Wow, does it ever land nicely. That's it for me until mid May.

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Yes I understand I did not want to paint it like the black jack scheme either... I think its a good compromise and good visibility better than all grey.

Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post

I like the scheme / livery , but something just not sitting right with this one , I think it would definitely suit a “black” fuzz and wings . I’m kinda glad in some way I didn’t order these graphics frpm
                                    callie now . As I had no intention of painting it black

Comment

• Comment

• Hi everyone, does anyone know when the typhoon will be available again for delivery into the UK?

thanks Tom.

Comment

• I went to Home Depot today and got this paint mixed up from a scan off the top of one of the canards. Got home and did the finger "dab test" on the wing root area and it looked like a perfect match. Certainly good enough to cover my mods on the bottom of the fuse and to fix any hanger rash in the future.

Name:	IMG_5337.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	375107

Comment

Working...
                                          X