Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm Eurofighter Typhoon EDF Jet Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just call me stupid. I was looking at the dual rates numbers. I'll fix my post.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I read 30% expo on all control surfaces. I don't see where you find 80-100%.

Comment

• Other than it's a different airplane? No. Might be close though.

Originally posted by kallend View Post
      I have the Eurofighter V2. Is there any reason the deflections I use and like on that would not be appropriate for the new version?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        Just call me stupid. I was looking at the dual rates numbers. I'll fix my post.

There's so many numbers on that page - easy to get a brain fart.

Comment

• The Eurofighter is finally arriving at Motion RC in the USA tomorrow. Assuming they arrive early enough, we will get them all shipped out tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
            The Eurofighter is finally arriving at Motion RC in the USA tomorrow. Assuming they arrive early enough, we will get them all shipped out tomorrow.
            There you guys go, hope all is happy and I don't want to hear any complaining when they arrive at your location...

I didn't order one this time so I can't complain about it.....yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              The Eurofighter is finally arriving at Motion RC in the USA tomorrow. Assuming they arrive early enough, we will get them all shipped out tomorrow.
              Thanks Tom!

Comment

• Just Received a confirmation of shipment! Delivery scheduled Monday.

Comment

• Me too. Email says "Estimated delivery Friday Dec 23".

Going to the FX website says this Friday but I doubt that will happen.

Comment

Me too. Email says "Estimated delivery Friday Dec 23".

Going to the FX website says this Friday but I doubt that will happen.
                    I live in Fort Mill, SC and usually if it ships on Wednesday, I get it on Friday. We will see?

Not going to be a good weekend for flying anyways. So if it comes by the weekend. I'll put it together, but that will be all

Comment

• Many times I get shipping notice but FedX doesn't take possession until the next day. Since this is a large shipment done early hopefully FedX takes possession later today and not tomorrow.

As you say this weekend doesn't look good. Plus I figure a whole day for the tails decals... At least the decal setting solution says overnight. I am bypassing the MCBe for all functions except gear doors, retracts and lights. Plus adding a steering gyro and figuring out weights and balance, so I'll have things to do.

Comment

• Just got my shipping notice. Delivery : Fri, Dec 23, just like Evan's, which is the same as they said on Dec 18 2022 when I ordered it.

Being in Chicago, I expect it will arrive tomorrow IF FedEx picks it up today in Gurnee.

No offense to Radar-Guy but I designed my own heavy nozzles anyway, since I had nothing better to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

No offense to Radar-Guy but I designed my own heavy nozzles anyway, since I had nothing better to do.
                          No offense taken!

Comment

• No one has moved the MCBe and/ or cut the foam under it to move batteries back to help with the balance?

Comment

No one has moved the MCBe and/ or cut the foam under it to move batteries back to help with the balance?
                              I brought my Typhoon back from storage (no, still haven't flown it due to snow and cold) to my hobby table so I can look at unscrewing the board and moving it as far back as possible. This will possibly allow one of my twin batteries (mounted on edge) to slide back a bit further to achieve the desired CG. At present, with both batteries (2 X 4s) together and right to the rear lip just in front of the board, the plane balances a few mm aft of the marks. I'd like to be able to move that back a few mm more. I'm not sure if this is necessary for those who have the 6s plane. I guess they'll find out very soon.
                              Our grass field was just allowed to open under MAAC and Transport Canada rules, but it'll be sub-zero C temps for a while yet. I plane to fly it fully loaded off grass.

Comment

• So they are reauthorizing fields?

Comment

• Got my shipping notice today also. Estimated delivery in SC on Friday.

Comment

So they are reauthorizing fields?
                                    Yes, but only those NOT in controlled airspace. My main one will likely be closed all year and possibly for good, except for UMX planes - looking for a new location outside of controlled airspace. They are still in talks with Transport Canada and NavCan, but it's slow going. There are, at this time, approx. 50+ club fields (in all of Canada) that have been given permission to open. My secondary field (grass) opened last Monday. Strick rules apply for the open fields, although likely not unfamiliar to AMA fields.
                                    I will only register my grass friendly planes this year. I'm hoping this Typhoon will work for me. I've flown other 8s planes there and they all work fine, except for sucking a lot of grass down their throats.

Comment

• Looking for a convinient way to store extra weight in the tail section? Here's my 3DP design for a replacement tail body, It accepts the factory supplied weight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-06 110235.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	373055Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-06 110200.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	373056Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	373057

Comment

• Forgive me if this question has been addressed before - but does anyone know when the new 8S version will be available at Motion RC Europe, please?
                                        There were some for pre-order but they are gone.

Also, what is the performance improvement likely to be over the 6S version, given the increased weight.

Thanks anyone who can help.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                                          Looking for a convinient way to store extra weight in the tail section? Here's my 3DP design for a replacement tail body, It accepts the factory supplied weight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-06 110235.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	373055Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-06 110200.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	373056Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB