X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    It is specific to Motion, unfortunately.

So the plug is like every other FW plane... As expected. Easy to bypass ad I normally do.

At this point it's the decal issue for me. I really don't want the hassle of doing it and figuring out what is the minimum to do to get a decent looking result.
    Yeah, if Freewing is making both versions for vendors, I wonder why MRC didn't order both??

I feel like Motion may have listened to a very vocal minority on the decals on this one. I could be wrong, just from what I have been seeing. Personally, I certainly don't want to tackle a decal like that and really wish it was preinstalled.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Yeah, if Freewing is making both versions for vendors, I wonder why MRC didn't order both??

I feel like Motion may have listened to a very vocal minority on the decals on this one. I could be wrong, just from what I have been seeing. Personally, I certainly don't want to tackle a decal like that and really wish it was preinstalled.
      Perhaps that would result in too much inventory, some of which may just sit there, never to be sold.
      I agree with your assessment of Motion's decision to listen to certain customer demands. Isn't it usual for those who want or don't want something, to be the most vocal? And those on the opposite side of the fence don't speak up for fear of being stomped on and flamed? Then the rest just have to accept it.
      I can see it with a plane like the AL37 where there are almost an infinite number of different liveries in the real world but in this case, not so much. The biggest real world differences for military aircraft are the various air force schemes and a manufacturer can't produce one for each country, but just decide which one will sell best and just do it. Like they say, "you can make some people happy some of the time but you can't make all people happy all the time." So ...................... who is happy and who is not?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        . The biggest real world differences for military aircraft are the various air force schemes and a manufacturer can't produce one for each country, but just decide which one will sell best and just do it.
        I can't imagine their Czech air force choice for the Gripen, or the Spanish livery for the Eurofighter, would have the greatest demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I can't imagine their Czech air force choice for the Gripen, or the Spanish livery for the Eurofighter, would have the greatest demand.
          Odd and specific as they may seem to some, fewer choices begets "take it or leave it". In these examples, buyers "took them".

Comment

Odd and specific as they may seem to some, fewer choices begets "take it or leave it". In these examples, buyers "took them".
            The conspiracy theorists would claim Callie is in cahoots, so that her more popular liveries sell well.

Comment

• MRC Eufi customers in the US, there might be hope. I got my ARF+ today and the box came with two labels dated Jan 4 and 5. These are most probably the date when it was produced and initially shipped. So, I'd think that (at least) the EU batch was shipped some days before CNY. Back then, the Gripen also arrived first in the EU, the US deliveries started about a week later.

Comment

• Going 8s Wemotec 1680kv here. The HET shroud is a perfect fit, printed front adapter. 2x4s 4500 mAh Red Power Lipos, less than 800g. Since I'm not flying from Floridian grass, I checked the "ground AoA". Less then two degrees, I'm not exicted. My Grumania 1/8 Eurofighter has 4 deg. We'll see...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Drehen von IMG_6368.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	370792

Click image for larger version  Name:	Drehen von IMG_6370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	370793

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE8F8594-4A76-4B68-9BF8-2BBC879B3C20.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	370797

Comment

• I'm thinking that maybe James will say during todays podcast that they are here and will ship soon... Wishful?

Good info and pictures. Thank you.

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                  MRC Eufi customers in the US, there might be hope. I got my ARF+ today and the box came with two labels dated Jan 4 and 5. These are most probably the date when it was produced and initially shipped. So, I'd think that (at least) the EU batch was shipped some days before CNY. Back then, the Gripen also arrived first in the EU, the US deliveries started about a week later.

Comment

• Can someone who has one in hand do me a huge favour and let me know the distance between the lowest part of the fuselage (without wings) to the tip of the vertical stab. I'm looking to make sure I have room in the hangar at the moment.

Comment

• 15-5/8"

Comment

• Awesome thanks xviper 👍🏼

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          I'm thinking that maybe James will say during todays podcast that they are here and will ship soon... Wishful?

Good info and pictures. Thank you.

Motion does a podcast, where can I find it? Did he say they are shipping soon?

Comment

• They used to do them noon east coast time every Friday. Not sure on which Friday they do it now, maybe first Friday each month… they do it through you tube. Look up MotionRC on YouTube.

doesn’t look like they’d is one today.

Comment

• Oh right, yes the youtube podcast, I thought maybe it was an audio podcast you were referring to. I did see Wesley had a video this week on the BH Corsair and went over the Eurofighter features again. But he did not say anything promising or specific in terms of what duration the "future" is. I don't know if it's similar for everyone but as we get closer to the dates either I get more anticipatory or time actually slows. It doesn't help to see that other people have theirs already.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
                                Awesome thanks xviper 👍🏼
                                As you asked, this is without wings one BUT also WITHOUT the 4 belly missiles installed. The plane is sitting flat on it's belly on the table and measuring up from the table to the top tip of the rudder. If you install the belly missiles, you'll have to add the thickness of those missiles, which are partially inset into the bottom of the plane. You may have to add another 1/2 to 1" with the missiles. I didn't put them on as I'm in the process of Minwaxing everything, including all the missiles.

Comment

As you asked, this is without wings one BUT also WITHOUT the 4 belly missiles installed. The plane is sitting flat on it's belly on the table and measuring up from the table to the top tip of the rudder. If you install the belly missiles, you'll have to add the thickness of those missiles, which are partially inset into the bottom of the plane. You may have to add another 1/2 to 1" with the missiles. I didn't put them on as I'm in the process of Minwaxing everything, including all the missiles.
                                  That's perfect. I just needed to know if I'd be hitting the ceiling with the tail if I put it in the spot I was thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post

That's perfect. I just needed to know if I'd be hitting the ceiling with the tail if I put it in the spot I was thinking.
                                    I do exactly the same thing. Many of my planes are hanging from the garage ceiling. Some planes are hung upside down and the placement is done when the garage door is fully open. Most of the plane hangs above the open door, while the tail hangs down below the door beyond the door's travel. Even in the house where I hang my planes, some are upside down, so the only thing that takes up the most vertical space is the tail.

Comment

• Can some who actually has a new V2 Euro on the table measure and give me the inside diameter of the tail pipe nozzles at the smallest section? Really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by viper1gj View Post
                                        Can some who actually has a new V2 Euro on the table measure and give me the inside diameter of the tail pipe nozzles at the smallest section? Really appreciate it. Thanks!
                                        55mm

BTW, someone called this new plane a V3. I'm not sure which version it really is.

Comment

• It’s a V1 of a totally new plane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X