Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You seem to be inline with how I’m going with mine. Proof will be in the flying. Today it rained all day. Tomorrow is a strong cross wind…

Comment

• Hi has anyone installed the Assan steering gyro in this model there seems to be plenty of room in front of the cunard servos... wiring it may be a challenge

Comment

• I have. Next to the mixing board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1541E89A-B153-4E2D-8C7E-15747816BA9E.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	373395

Comment

• Great Evan I don't see your receiver in the pic, but that aside I see the two rudder outlets on the mixing board so I can tie into the steering servo but where did you connect the nose gear servo?

Comment

• The receiver is stuffed a couple inches behind the mixing board. I have a separate channel for steering so I can adjust center and throw independently. The nose gear servo plugs into the steering gyro output marked steering out or something like that. I do remember I needed a short extension on one of the leads, I'm not sure but think it was the one to the receiver slot. I have a 12ch receiver, using 10 of them, in it to have the canards on their own channels and the extra one for steering. In case anyone also wonders I have a satellite under the battery tray and you can see the two antennae from it coming out at the front of the battery tray.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4491.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	373424

Comment

• I got the 8s model and it’s nose heavy. I’m using SMC’s 5300 mah, LiHv packs for max power. They fit perfectly with room to spare. However I had to add the provided weight and 60g of additional weight to give it the ideal CG slightly aft of the recommended.

I cleanly cut off a covering panel. I then drilled a hole large enough to hold the weight. I added foam tac to the last stack of weight and then sealed it all up. Looks so good that you’ll never know it was ever modified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougcarr73 View Post
                  I got the 8s model and it’s nose heavy. I’m using SMC’s 5300 mah, LiHv packs for max power. They fit perfectly with room to spare. However I had to add the provided weight and 60g of additional weight to give it the ideal CG slightly aft of the recommended.

I cleanly cut off a covering panel. I then drilled a hole large enough to hold the weight. I added foam tac to the last stack of weight and then sealed it all up. Looks so good that you’ll never know it was ever modified.
                  That sounds about right and exactly what I did. Also using the same batteries you're using. With only 43g of weight, I'm balancing about 10mm aft of the marks. How far aft is yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    That sounds about right and exactly what I did. Also using the same batteries you're using. With only 43g of weight, I'm balancing about 10mm aft of the marks. How far aft is yours?
                    I'm about 15mm behind the CG with the battery against the wall. I now have a bit of wiggle room to move the batteries up to hit the recommended CG, or back for a bit more high alpha. I actually added one more weight than what shown in the pic for a total of 60g in addition to the provided weight. Since I had extra room, I added the weight. In this case it's better to have the weight and adjust the battery later than to want the weight and wish I added before buttoning it all up.

Comment

• I bored out the stinger from the inside before gluing it on and put 42g (two slugs) in it.

Balanced about an inch behind the marks it’s just a little nervous in flight, no gyro, blustery day and cross wind here today. All flights done clean, no stores. I think 35-40mm will be the sweet spot for those that like a rearward balance and 30 for the mere mortals. 4 minutes on a 6S 5200. It for sure is not like the old EF.

The rates in the manual are probably a great starting point and where a lot of pilots should be happy. As Jon has noted a few times the landing gear take forever to go up and down. Up isn't that much of an issue but down is. I'll separate the retracts and doors on my radio.

Did I say it is nowhere like the old Eurofighter?​

Comment

• Has anybody flown the 8s Euro Fighter? I got the wrong plane from motion and before I open it just wanted to see if there is a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG65 View Post
                          Has anybody flown the 8s Euro Fighter? I got the wrong plane from motion and before I open it just wanted to see if there is a difference.
                          Do you mean a difference in the way it flies or the difference in the plane itself? Visually, you can't tell the difference between an 8s plane from a 6s plane. The only difference is the EDF. The 8s fan has different specs and uses 8s battery. You shouldn't fly an 8s plane on 6s or it will be pretty weak. Similarly, you shouldn't fly a 6s plane on 8s or you'll burn something up.
                          To know the difference in the way one flies compared to the other, one would have to have both planes and fly them. The 8s will have more thrust and balance differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
                            Just got mine and it looks like I unfortunately got the 6s although I had ordered the 8s. Ugh. Oh well. Now to decide whether I keep the 6s or return this for the 8s I originally ordered. Has anyone received an 8s and been able to get the CG behind the stock marks? My SMC 8s 4400 packs weigh 810g combined for comparison.
                            GET THE 8S, every aircraft you have has been thrust upgraded and you can't stop now!! Besides, I need to see how the 8S performs on our grass and you know you're my "just released" Guinea pig and I rarely get anything until I've seen yours perform first! So at least consider my interests before you settle for a 6S!!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

GET THE 8S, every aircraft you have has been thrust upgraded and you can't stop now!! Besides, I need to see how the 8S performs on our grass and you know you're my "just released" Guinea pig and I rarely get anything until I've seen yours perform first! So at least consider my interests before you settle for a 6S!!

No worries, the 6s is on its way back and the 8s is being sent out to me. Crossing my fingers its here before next week.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3146.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	373536Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3144.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	373537Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3145.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	373538

Comment

• I'm liking the Redtail homage To the Tuskegee Airmen..

Comment

• Getting closer to being done with this setup.

Satellite receiver in the nose, control board under the air brake, steering gyro to the left of the receiver, voltmeter spliced with EC5, burner power lead, and gps on top of the receiver.

There is really not much room for activities in this 90mm, which makes the Spektrum receiver (AR10360T) my go-to yet again since the gyro and telemetry is all in one box.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• I understand the weight included from the manufacturer, but does anyone know what the added spring is for?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Apparently, it's for the nose strut - a different spring rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                                          I ordered mine from rc castle let's see when she arrives
                                          also just got my graphics from callie will be doing this scheme..
                                          I have ordered these graphics from Callie but they won't be delivered until May 15 for various reasons. Anyhow, how much painting is required, and how much is part of the decals? I can get the painting done right away.

Comment

Working...
                                          X