Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine latched in securely.

Comment

• Oddly, I seem to be running @ 140 + Amps, which drops to 130 something. (3000W +)
      I actually have and tried two different motor/fans and two different ESC's.
      Suspecting that something is inconsistent among 6s fan/motors

Comment

• This is how my ribbon cable fit together. Does not go all the way in. Both cables fit the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArnoldT View Post
          After my 6s EF's third flight the connector is so hot it melted the foam and the battery wires are very very hot. I used a clampmeter to do ground static amps test and it's 145A. I understand that static is higher than in-flight amps but my other 90mm EDF is only drawing static 120A. I changed the motor timing to 0 degrees and I still get the same 145A. Did anyone do a ground amps test on your 6s EF? Thanks.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-04-12 at 14.56.01.jpg Views:	178 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	375569
          ArnoldT & Dave,
          i am wondering if your throttle end points are -100 to +100 or set to a different value? i checked mine after i completed binding (i am using 8 channel spektrum) and mine was set as -120 and +100 (i don't know why/how low end was set at -120 while all my other planes are -100) .... wondering if you or anyone else ran into this.
          Mine is stock 8s setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luqman Khan View Post

ArnoldT & Dave,
            i am wondering if your throttle end points are -100 to +100 or set to a different value? i checked mine after i completed binding (i am using 8 channel spektrum) and mine was set as -120 and +100 (i don't know why/how low end was set at -120 while all my other planes are -100) .... wondering if you or anyone else ran into this.
            Mine is stock 8s setup.
            Hi,
            yeah my throttle end points are -100 to +100. I am using spektrum NX10.

Comment

• Maiden flight (+2) in the books. 8s Wemotec 1680kv fan. Now to the missing decals. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6672.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	376359Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6671.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	376360Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6673.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	376361Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6674.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	376362

Comment

• Congrats and she looks great. Good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                  Maiden flight (+2) in the books. 8s Wemotec 1680kv fan. Now to the missing decals. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6672.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	376359Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6671.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	376360Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6673.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	376361Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6674.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	376362
                  Nice!! I like what you did with the cockpit. Any advice for those of us planning on also doing a repaint and cockpit upgrade?
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Nice!! I like what you did with the cockpit. Any advice for those of us planning on also doing a repaint and cockpit upgrade?
                    Thanks! Most of the cockpit parts (incl. the pilot bust) were taken from a 3DP Eurofighter design available on Cults3d (see link blw). The seat that came with it is OK, but I decided to design my own plus the missing cockpit bow with mirrors and side consols. All parts were printed in resin.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...-from-motionrc

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Thanks! Most of the cockpit parts (incl. the pilot bust) were taken from a 3DP Eurofighter design available on Cults3d (see link blw). The seat that came with it is OK, but I decided to design my own plus the missing cockpit bow with mirrors and side consols. All parts were printed in resin.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...-from-motionrc
                      Love your cockpit detail but the CULT3d files are for an entire plane. Is there anyone who is doing str files for just the cockpit kit? It's a shame they left the cockpit so barren on the Freewing Typhoon

Comment

• Comment

• I am sad to report that when I opened the box today and started building my Eurofighter typhoon, I found the fuselage cracked due to shipping. On closer inspection I found the box damaged as well. This is the first time this has happened in the 5 years I have been using motion! My ticket number is #T869105 and I hope my issues gets fixed. I leave you with some pictures of the damage 😭 I am completely heart broken 💔

Comment

• I am sad to report that when I opened the box today and started building my Eurofighter typhoon, I found the fuselage cracked due to shipping. On closer inspection I found the box damaged as well. This is the first time this has happened in the 5 years I have been using motion! My ticket number is #T869105 and I hope my issues gets fixed. I leave you with some pictures of the damage 😭 I am completely heart broken 💔

Comment

• Also want to start a poll should motion rc ship with decals already on the eurofighter and sell a clean fuse, tail and canards for the folks that like to modify ?

I want to see what population of the community likes to modify the Eurofighter ?

Comment

• Good luck with that poll. For years there have been a vocal minority or sometimes even a majority about decals on specific aircraft and motion has done us the favor some times and sold plain jane versions (example the ghost gray F/A-18C) without decals but then FreeWing started putting specific gray schemes on that. On other aircraft there used to be a couple of scheme decals in the kit you could choose from and those now come with one scheme applied. On others we asked to remove specific decals such as the Mirage tiger eyes. Very seldom has there been multiple versions, decal and no decal. Very few. It cost a lot to do this and also maintain parts for multiples.

For the EF Motion decided to ask FW to leave off the tail tiger but they left all the other decal on so it wasn't good for the majority that wanted it left alone with the tiger applied and it wasn't good for the rest that wanted a non Spanish scheme.

My vote, leave it like the rest of the world got it with the tiger and everything on the plane.

Comment

• Same here so 2 votes to get the get decals pre installed 0 votes for no decals

Comment

• Originally posted by Wkhan View Post
                                    Same here so 2 votes to get the get decals pre installed 0 votes for no decals
                                    OK, I gotta break the ice. I prefer no decals applied. I modify everything, but to be honest, even if it comes with decals applied, I don't mind removing them myself and painting my primer over everything.

I suspect the vast majority leave on the stock livery of aircraft so having decals pre-applied would benefit the majority of consumers. Before I even order a plane, I get Callie working on either a custom set of graphics or one she has already done. This one is no different, she's about 3 weeks into some custom graphics and it will be another couple before I get them and I already have all the electronics and paint ready. Ordering the plane this weekend. Saving the best for last. 🤣
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Most troublesome repaint I did was on the nasty “Yellowjacket” Hawker Hunter from Dynam. Even so it only took an afternoon.

Comment

• So even the great hobbyists like Hugh who do some awesome custom art are supporting us newbies.

so it’s 3 votes for pre applied decals and 0 for no decals

Jamie who made this choice at motion what was the rational why does motion make us suffer ? Can you please communicate our dismay to motion management ?

Comment

• Decals applied for me too, got my vote....

Comment

Working...
                                          X