Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the Eurofighter on order and I have had callie graphics make some decals for this jet. She has sent me a bunch of red circles and I have no idea where they go. Anybody have a good source where I can get some pictures to help me locate the correct position for these markings?
    Thanks for any info on this matter.

Comment

• I guess the big question is what scheme you asked her to make for you?

Comment

• I watched a bunch of takeoff videos of real Typhoons, and the gear takes about 1.5 seconds to retract. The doors follow about a second later. It all comes up pretty quickly. I couldn't see how long it takes to put the gear down because no-one seems to video that, but I suspect it's about the same.

That's way, way faster than the gear/door sequencer in the control box on the model does it. Although the retracts themselves go at their own speed, I see no reason the door needs to be so slow or that the delays are so long. At least one person has posted that he bypassed the control box and programmed his gear and doors from the transmitter to speed things up. That, of course, needs additional channels which I don't have on my AR8360T. I'm toying with the idea of making an Arduino sequencer to handle the gear and doors; the coding should be pretty simple and I can make the sequence run about 50% faster than it does right now. The board will weigh 3 grams - less than the connectors.

If anyone has already done this, perhaps you would let us know.

Comment

• The slow gear door action doesn't really bother me ..................... yet. If it does, I have one of these laying around to try:
          https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...or%20sequencer
          It came out of an older Freewing jet with sequenced door.

If that's still not fast enough, I'll buy one of these for a few bucks:
          I have a 1700mm FMS P-51 that uses it and the speed seems just about right for this plane.

The only possible hitch might be that door switch and how it integrates into the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellcat716 View Post
            I have the Eurofighter on order and I have had callie graphics make some decals for this jet. She has sent me a bunch of red circles and I have no idea where they go. Anybody have a good source where I can get some pictures to help me locate the correct position for these markings?
            I‘d guess those are the fuel caps. Maybe this is helpful. But, I checked a couple of photos and it looks these aren’t painted red on RAF or Italian models. Below a link and a pic related to German Eufis.

http://tailormadedecals.com.v150678....icStencils.PDF

Click image for larger version  Name:	746F8AB8-7AE0-4FEF-93CB-07321F0F0365.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	373764

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              The slow gear door action doesn't really bother me ..................... yet. If it does, I have one of these laying around to try:
              It came out of an older Freewing jet with sequenced door.

If that's still not fast enough, I'll buy one of these for a few bucks:
              I have a 1700mm FMS P-51 that uses it and the speed seems just about right for this plane.

The only possible hitch might be that door switch and how it integrates into the system.
              I have a spare Freewing sequencer, but I believe (without proof) that the door timing won't work with the V3 retracts, which are slower than the ones in the earlier generation. I will check today.

FMS retracts work in reverse to Freewing ones so the FMS sequencer may be challenging to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellcat716 View Post
                I have the Eurofighter on order and I have had callie graphics make some decals for this jet. She has sent me a bunch of red circles and I have no idea where they go. Anybody have a good source where I can get some pictures to help me locate the correct position for these markings?
                If you have the model in hand you'll see they already have them on from the factory so should be easy to replicate when re-painted, they go along the back and side of the model between the airbrake and the large numbers on the side. dunno what they're for on the full size and I hadn't seen them until I got the model and when I looked sure enough they're a real thing.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	29467585936_138137ea90_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	373763

Comment

• For the sequencer remember that the mains door close after the gear extend but the nose stays open… between that and the mains retracts being through the ribbon cable I decided to just live with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    For the sequencer remember that the mains door close after the gear extend but the nose stays open… between that and the mains retracts being through the ribbon cable I decided to just live with it.
                    I've decided (as I don't fly off grass) to leave the main doors open when the gear is deployed like the full scale does.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	fg_3265162-jdw-7015.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	373770

Comment

• Maiden in the books. Weather here in the Carolina's has been cold and windy. However Yesterday afternoon we had a window between 6pm and dark were the wind subsided (still a bit cold).

I have the 8S Version
                      Plane flew amazing! Without Ordinance I had not 1 trim adjustment. Was locked In! I went with the recommended throws and the high rates worked well. I did install the weight that came with the plane and mounted it in as far back as possible. Still nose heavy but not too bad. Waiting on the Afterburner kit before adding any more weights.

2nd flight with ordinance: Needed several clicks of down elevator to keep it from climbing. Flew with the nose up slightly but tracked well.

Airbrake doesn't seem to affect any pitch up or down at half throttle.

Sound of the New 8S motor is awesome. Was able to get 4 min flights out of my 2 SMC 5300mah 75c 4S batteries. I run both the High Voltage and the Standard Lipo. Both came down at 4 mins just below storage charge (3.78 to 3.79 per cell)

Overall very Impressed with it. Lands on the mains and the nose up easily.

Comment

• For those interested in messing with the gear/door sequencing or the lights, here is the mapping of the ribbon cable:

- (black)
                        + (red)
                        elevon signal
                        retract signal
                        landing light
                        position (wingtip) light​

Comment

• Awesome, thanks dude.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I’m having a little trouble with my 6S version at the moment and maybe someone can help me out. For some reason mine is stuck in thrust reverse and I have no clue how to get it to get it out of this lol. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by EazyStreet27 View Post
                              Hello everyone,

I’m having a little trouble with my 6S version at the moment and maybe someone can help me out. For some reason mine is stuck in thrust reverse and I have no clue how to get it to get it out of this lol. Any help would be appreciated!
                              What is the thrust reverse lead plugged into on your receiver? And what TX/RX are you using?

(If all else fails, swap any two of the three leads from the ESC to the motor - but that should be a last resort).

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

What is the thrust reverse lead plugged into on your receiver? And what TX/RX are you using?

(If all else fails, swap any two of the three leads from the ESC to the motor - but that should be a last resort).

My TX is Futaba T6K and RX aid Futaba R3008SB. The lead isn’t plugged into anything lol.

just wanted to add that everything else works perfectly.

Comment

• I think you just answered your own question. To reverse any AC motor going through an ESC you can swap any two of the three leads between the ESC and motor. If you have a reversing ESC like in this you can connect the lead for reversing and reverse it using a spare channel.

Comment

• I fly Futaba for all my jets (turbines and EDF)!and I always reverse the throttle channel in the TX. Try that.

Comment

• If the ESC is arming and he's getting thrust it's not his throttle channel being reversed. But that is a common issue that people with Futaba run into.

Originally posted by Nyuhasz View Post
                                      I fly Futaba for all my jets (turbines and EDF)!and I always reverse the throttle channel in the TX. Try that.

Comment

• I have an issue with the reverse throttle. Once I use it the motor will not come back to normal, it will just operate as reverse. Until I unplug and plug the battery it goes back to normal. Anyone have this issue?

Comment

• Not me. Verify that the channel you have the reverse lead in is travelling the full -100/ +100. Not 0 to-100 or 0 to+100.

Comment

Working...
                                          X