X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
    Yippee! It will be here (almost) for X-Mas (2033) ! Thank you, MRC EU and FedEx! 😉

Click image for larger version Name:	9BD4D57B-3C4E-4F89-9B6E-6F15B6F025B5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	370618
    Ha.

The MRC US site still says "in stock" as well as promising mid March delivery.

Comment

• Just had a look at the manual online and had a thought, there's no mention of how to apply/set the tiger decals if you're a noob like myself. I wonder can someone at motion clarify is there an addendum in the box that states how to do it? I do worry (experience with airfix models) do we need a solution to set the decals or will water be enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
        Just had a look at the manual online and had a thought, there's no mention of how to apply/set the tiger decals if you're a noob like myself. I wonder can someone at motion clarify is there an addendum in the box that states how to do it? I do worry (experience with airfix models) do we need a solution to set the decals or will water be enough?
        Check this out, scroll to 08:20. Basic application with water and once in position I’d suggest to apply a strong decal setting solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Check this out, scroll to 08:20. Basic application with water and once in position I’d suggest to apply a strong decal setting solution.

Best buy some setting solution.... Any recommendations

Comment

Just had a look at the manual online and had a thought, there's no mention of how to apply/set the tiger decals if you're a noob like myself. I wonder can someone at motion clarify is there an addendum in the box that states how to do it? I do worry (experience with airfix models) do we need a solution to set the decals or will water be enough?
            So far it seems that the plane is shipped with decals applied..

Comment

• Has anyone received one from Motion? Either US or EU? Tom at Motion said the ones he is getting won't have them applied, he asked FW not to on theirs.

I think all have come from Castle so far.

Comment

• Should have mine between Monday and Thursday next week. I could see over on another forum Jon from 2brothersfly has received his pre applied but his was from Raymond in RCC and it appears Freewing label the boxes to show whether or not Decals are applied. If I end up being one of the first to open a Motion ordered EF2000 I'll post pictures of my findings :)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	391
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	370631​

Comment

• Guys, my Eurofighter was delivered an hour ago. Luckily no pre-applied tiger decals on the tail! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230216-WA0017.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	370634Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230216-WA0018.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	370635
                    https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• What about the decals on the fuselage that are the continuation of the tiger stripes?

Comment

• Is the setting solution applied after the decal is on? While wet?

Comment

I am unfamiliar with decal setting solution. How is it better than soapy water which is what I've always used?

Comment

• Some more pics Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230216-WA0026.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	370643Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230216-WA0024.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	370644Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230216-WA0025.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	370645
                            https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• I wonder can the Spanish roundels be removed? would make life a lot easier to convert to an RAF model

Comment

• Much easier to paint over them.

Comment

• not when you live so remotely that there is no one to mix paint for you, and you have no painting gear at all.
                                  I'm also very picky and wouldn't want to see blend marks so would have to repaint the whole model.... if I can remove 2 circles from the plane with either warm water and dish soap or sticky tape or something, It would be a lot easier than buying a compressor and gun, paints to mix, masking the model and repainting the entire thing

Comment

• I'm 99% sure it will be impossible to remove then with water or some similar way without ruining the surface paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I am unfamiliar with decal setting solution. How is it better than soapy water which is what I've always used?
                                      It‘s not used for applying the decals. Use your preferred technique here. Once the decal is on the surface and the top surface is dry, apply the DSS (using a soft brush) and let it work. It‘s going to soften the decal, so it will ‚sink‘ into panel lines and with some care it can be wrapped around ‚difficult‘ corners.. Don’t touch the decal during that time!
                                      The FW decals are usually quite thick, so use a ‚strong‘ type.

Comment

I use microset and microsol. You brush on microset, and then slide the decal off the backing and onto the surface you applied it to. It keeps the decal soft and helps slide around. Once you've done that and it's in place, you gently press it down with tissue to set it. Afterwards I brush some microsol over the decal and it basically melts into the surface. On my A-10 a lot of the decals look painted on.

Comment

Immediately as in all you have to do is connect up the channel and it will be functional?

Or immediately as in the fan attempts to change direction as soon as the reverse switch is activated, even if spinning at full speed?
                                          Yes to both. Reverse is there without having to program it and as soon as you throw the switch, no matter what revs it's going at, it stops momentarily and spins the other direction.

Comment

Working...
                                          X