Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys, I own most of the Freewing jets from MRC and if any jet doesn't need brakes it is the Avanti S. It literally lands at +/- 10 mph with very short roll out. I'd use the money towards batteries myself. Unless that is you really want brakes on it .... I am a big proponent of "to each their own". Enjoy.

I maidened yesterday ...... beautiful flyer fast and slow. Trimmed in less than 30 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun View Post
      Hey Ron Lake,

The factory main wheels on the Avanti are 2.5 inches so if you buy the 65mm wheels with brakes as I did, the main wheels will be 2.56 inches. All is good.
      The nose wheel on the Avanti is 2.75 inches. The electric brakes add a little more weight to the plane but you're not going to notice it at all.

Hope this has been of some help to you.

Cheers.... and Blue Skies to ya....:f4phantom
      Thanks TopGun,

Wasn't sure if the 65mm would fit or if I needed to go smaller.

Comment

• Man, try to get spare nose gear doors!!
        One minute there, gone the next.
        I lost the compression spring off one side and, since you have to buy the whole set separately, no choice.....
        So, I guess the alternative is to fly her without the doors until I can lay my hands on a set.:(

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by GPJ View Post
          Hi guys, I own most of the Freewing jets from MRC and if any jet doesn't need brakes it is the Avanti S. It literally lands at +/- 10 mph with very short roll out. I'd use the money towards batteries myself. Unless that is you really want brakes on it .... I am a big proponent of "to each their own". Enjoy.

I maidened yesterday ...... beautiful flyer fast and slow. Trimmed in less than 30 seconds.
          Thanks GPJ,
          I normally fly off grass and of course brakes aren't needed, but I'm looking to fly this at work with about 75 foot of asphalt slightly downhill and parking blocks nearby. Brakes would be nice.

Comment

• Front wheel 65mm x 16mm, main wheels 70mm x 20mm.
            My Avanti #2 is way more tail heavy than my first Avanti which crashed due to poorly glued aileron horns. I don't know why. Maybe the foam is more compressed or maybe the motor is heavier? All I know is that I needed nose weight to make it balance with the exact same packs from the first one. Flies great! I have not seen the flap problem happen with this one. Maybe they solved the problem or it solved itself with a new batch of parts. I still suspect the servo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Man, try to get spare nose gear doors!!
              One minute there, gone the next.
              I lost the compression spring off one side and, since you have to buy the whole set separately, no choice.....
              So, I guess the alternative is to fly her without the doors until I can lay my hands on a set.:(

Grossman56
              If you just need a spring, I could mail you one from my first Avanti.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post

Thanks GPJ,
                I normally fly off grass and of course brakes aren't needed, but I'm looking to fly this at work with about 75 foot of asphalt slightly downhill and parking blocks nearby. Brakes would be nice.
                Aya, with those conditions, your move is a smart one! They do work great, I have them on my Habu32X and they saved me more than a few times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post

If you just need a spring, I could mail you one from my first Avanti.
                  Hey, that would be great if you wouldn't mind!!
                  D Gross
                  2868 Glacier Ave,.
                  Cody, Wy
                  Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Plainclothes, TopGun here.

I am using a led afterburner and here are a few pictures of it.
                    This system has three colors, goes from blue , yellow, then red. Works
                    really well and if you notice I added a nozzle to it as well instead of
                    just having the leds sticking out the back. Enjoy!

Cheers... and Blue Skies to ya.....:f4phantom

Click image for larger version Name:	Afterburner6.JPG Views:	2 Size:	31.8 KB ID:	97884Click image for larger version Name:	Afterburner2.JPG Views:	2 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	97883Click image for larger version Name:	Afterburner3.JPG Views:	2 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	97882Click image for larger version Name:	Afterburner4.JPG Views:	2 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	97881Click image for larger version Name:	Afterburner5.JPG Views:	2 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	97880Click image for larger version Name:	Afterburner1.JPG Views:	2 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	97879Click image for larger version Name:	Afterburner0.JPG Views:	2 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	97878
                    Thanks TopGun, is the afterburner glued to the nozzle or the plane itself? I like the idea except that I'm not really good at cutting straight lines, if you know what I mean. Looks like you had to cut out only a small ring from the nozzle.

Comment

• Did you see that on the new batch of AvantiS who comes from AliExpress (maybe also from MRC) they already did a precut on the wing for the wing fence ...

Comment

• Yes, mine came from MRC this week and the fence grooves are already precut.

Comment

• Hey Planeclothes,

I cut the nozzle down to the point where the afterburner leds just fit inside the ring,
                          then I tacked the two together with hot glue. Once cooled I then hot glued the
                          assembly to the plane. Just take your time, you can do it.

Cheers..... and Blue Skies to ya.....:f4phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Hey, that would be great if you wouldn't mind!!
                            D Gross
                            2868 Glacier Ave,.
                            Cody, Wy
                            Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!!

Grossman56
                            I will mail it Monday.

Comment

• Thanks again!!
                              Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Planeclothes,

I cut the nozzle down to the point where the afterburner leds just fit inside the ring,
                                then I tacked the two together with hot glue. Once cooled I then hot glued the
                                assembly to the plane. Just take your time, you can do it.

Cheers..... and Blue Skies to ya.....:f4phantom
                                Thanks again TopGun, I ordered the afterburner from RC Castle and the nozzle from MRC (along with pilot figures), both items should arrive sometime this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Nice work on the video Kenny!
                                  Thanks George !! I'm pretty proud of this one; my best work yet. definitely getting better at the editing stuff . ;)

Comment

• i made some changes with the front gear plate in 3d print (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2553111), i added some files because i saw on a new plane that my plate was too short, for me my front gear was bent with a bad crash before i added the plate and i could not repaired it as a new one, so it was 2mm on the back ...
                                    now you have several choices depending on your front gear ...

Comment

Last edited by Rick1999; Oct 25, 2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• I was checking out the receiver placement and my flight pack location when I inadvertently bumped the throttle and the motor spools on the receiver battery. This currently has the stock ESC, fan and motor never had that happen!!! does that happen with your set ups???

Comment

• Mine arrived today 3 days with the weekend no damage:) started on the canopy looks pretty good. Fan motor and wheels and brakes on the way, working on NW mod and removed the retract assembly I think I can remove a large amount of slop by fabing a couple new parts. Received the landing lights and thinking of a place to mount. Fan should put out about 6.5lbs on 6s but the sound is sweeeeet
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X