X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am buying a F16C 9 blade PNP

Do any of you think a HOOVO 6000 MaH 60C battery weighing in at 818 grams will make a massive difference in flight and acrobat maneuvers? Would the battery fit the compartment? It is 6.1*1.89*1.89 inches. This is the battery that I have.

Do you guys think that a SMC 5300 MaH 40C weighing ~684 grams would be worth ditching the HOOVO battery and buying a whole new one?

Will the F16 fly for about 3 minutes on a 4500 MaH battery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Syntha View Post
      I am buying a F16C 9 blade PNP

Do any of you think a HOOVO 6000 MaH 60C battery weighing in at 818 grams will make a massive difference in flight and acrobat maneuvers? Would the battery fit the compartment? It is 6.1*1.89*1.89 inches. This is the battery that I have.

Do you guys think that a SMC 5300 MaH 40C weighing ~684 grams would be worth ditching the HOOVO battery and buying a whole new one?

Will the F16 fly for about 3 minutes on a 4500 MaH battery?
      Can't tell you about a HOOVO battery, but the weight is not a problem. And in my opinion, after testing hundreds of batteries for IR, cell amps, etc., the SMC's are now the only battery I'll fly. I'm flying F-16 (although I have the 12 blade inrunner to give a little more punch on take-off as I fly off grass) on a 903 gr SMC 8100 mah 20 C (tests out to actual C of 24) and get 4:40 (could go to 5:00 but always keep enough for a go around or two) with 35% left at the pits. I used to fly it on the SMC 6200 40C, weight at 814 gr, flew great, got about 3:40 on it (could stretch it to 4:00 but don't like to get under 30-35%). I also flew it on the SMC 5300 (great battery, especially for the light weight) and got around 3 minutes and it's very acrobatic with that. I think the SMC 4500, which I also have, would get you about 2:30 so I doubt you'll get to 3:00 unless you fly it very conservatively. Just my thoughts. If you're flying off of asphalt, you can add maybe 15 seconds or more from the times I gave you as I'm using up quite a bit on take-off getting off grass that you won't need on asphalt.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I fly the hoovo 5200 with mine and love it. I think the 6200 will fit ok but it may get alittle heavy in the stick

Comment

• Hello everyone! I’m looking to buy the Freewing F-16 Thunderbirds livery.
          Couple questions… it the white color a non painted foam or actually painted white? How are the grass opps? I have quite a few Roaringtop 6s 5500 70c 825gr lipos.
          I appreciate the help! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
            Hello everyone! I’m looking to buy the Freewing F-16 Thunderbirds livery.
            Couple questions… it the white color a non painted foam or actually painted white? How are the grass opps? I have quite a few Roaringtop 6s 5500 70c 825gr lipos.
            I can't answer the grass ops aspect because I don't fly off grass, but the base white color on the aircraft is white paint.

Comment

• I have the thunderbird, with the high performance 6s power system, and fly off grass all the time with it. No issues

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                Hello everyone! I’m looking to buy the Freewing F-16 Thunderbirds livery.
                Same as rifleman_btx, although mine is running on the 6s 12 blade inrunner, but shouldn't be any real difference. And do yourself a favor and deep six those RT's and get an SMC 6200 40C graphene lipo instead, weight 814 gr, 43X52X160, about the same cost but actual C of 38-39C, where the RT 70C is more like 33C, with lower individual cell amps and of course higher individual cell IR. Used to have a boatload of them, was lucky to finally sell all my RT off just this year (at a discount), that is of course the ones that didn't go bad in the first year (something they have become known for). I even fly my F-16 on grass with an SMC 8100 20 C (actual tested C more like 28-29C), weight 903 gr for minimum of 5 minutes of flight time. I know guys, I always sound like an SMC lobbyist, but after spending over $10,000 in all kinds of brands and testing them, the SMC's are right now the only one to go with for Actual higher discharge C, cost and oddly enough weight (Liperior's are close, but they weigh at least 10-15% more and China Hobby's are supposed to be close as well). SMC's 5300 is another outstanding battery and weighs in at an incredibly low 684 gr.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Same as rifleman_btx, although mine is running on the 6s 12 blade inrunner, but shouldn't be any real difference. And do yourself a favor and deep six those RT's and get an SMC 6200 40C graphene lipo instead, weight 814 gr, 43X52X160, about the same cost but actual C of 38-39C, where the RT 70C is more like 33C, with lower individual cell amps and of course higher individual cell IR. Used to have a boatload of them, was lucky to finally sell all my RT off just this year (at a discount), that is of course the ones that didn't go bad in the first year (something they have become known for). I even fly my F-16 on grass with an SMC 8100 20 C (actual tested C more like 28-29C), weight 903 gr for minimum of 5 minutes of flight time. I know guys, I always sound like an SMC lobbyist, but after spending over $10,000 in all kinds of brands and testing them, the SMC's are right now the only one to go with for Actual higher discharge C, cost and oddly enough weight (Liperior's are close, but they weigh at least 10-15% more and China Hobby's are supposed to be close as well). SMC's 5300 is another outstanding battery and weighs in at an incredibly low 684 gr.
                  Fully agree with you on the SMCs - awesome battery. Deep sixing the RC Battery Liperiors too - wish i'd have know more when i wasted money on them... SMC, HRB, Admirals - only ones i'm buying going forward...

Comment

• AR637T has made this a much better flying plane!! I had no idea how bad the new LemonRX had become and will no longer be getting them.. all the old ones work great but new diversity style are horrible!!

Here is mine flying with new Socokin 4s 5200mah packs in series... FMS 1500kv 8s Fan installed...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                      AR637T has made this a much better flying plane!! I had no idea how bad the new LemonRX had become and will no longer be getting them.. all the old ones work great but new diversity style are horrible!!

Here is mine flying with new Socokin 4s 5200mah packs in series... FMS 1500kv 8s Fan installed...

I won't get the Lemon that has only the diversity antennas on the main RX alone. I will, however, continue to get the ones where you can add a satellite diversity antenna - primarily their 10-ch DSMX/P ones. Then I add one of the new HobbyEagle gyros, primarily the EVO. This combination (old HobbyEagles) has worked tremendously well for me in many planes for years.
                      But as you say and I agree ................... the one with only the diversity on the main RX unit alone is a bust. And yes, the 637T is a wonderful option (which I use also) but I can buy the 10-ch + satellite + HobbyEagle EVO, have 4 extra channels for other things and still have 40 bucks left over.

Comment

• Help please…
                        I purchased the gooniac light burner and I cannot get it to operate other than with the servo tester.

I have a Futaba 18SZ. I’ve tried a separate channel, Y’d it off the throttle channel and even disconnected the burner ring that came installed and connected in its port.

One thing I noticed is the red light on the burner board has a continuous flash no matter what I attempt with the motor disconnected to the esc.
                        When I connect back to the esc it will flash then blackout at 50% the turn red then start flashing again as I keep increasing.

I’ve tried end points adjustments and sub trim to note.

Thanks and I appreciate any suggestions!

Comment

• Can I suggest contacting Ray? Gooniac33.

User Profile - Hobby Squawk RC Forum for Airplanes, Boats, Cars, Helicopters, Tanks, and Trucks

Comment

• Here's a recent flightvid by one of my clubmembers

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
                              Here's a recent flightvid by one of my clubmembers

I fly my thunderbird all stock, and love it. One of my favorite to take out and fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
                                Another winter project completed. 😀 Equipped her with a Spektrum AR 637T Receiver and added a sound card for turbine sounds and of course afterburner.. Power is a 9 Blade 90mm 3672/1900kv Inrunner with a 130amp ESC. Upgrade to Hitec D85-MG servos for the elevator control. 2 Coats Poly to brighten her up. All rates set (Spoilerons and Flaperons ) and forward programing was completed for Safe and AS3X modes. Another great looking plane that might end up a Show Bird until I can master my landings.... Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2325.JPG Views:	693 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	304335Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2326.JPG Views:	661 Size:	176.3 KB ID:	304336Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2327.JPG Views:	661 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	304337
                                What kind of Poly product did you use to brighten her up and how did you apply it ? Looks great :-)

Comment

• Has anyone used the Admiral Pro 6s 6000 packs in the F-16? I have several of these packs for other FW EDF’s. I am wondering if they would physically fit in the fuselage and if so, would they be to heavy since the recommended pack is the Admiral 6s 5000.
                                  Thanks, Travis

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                                    Has anyone used the Admiral Pro 6s 6000 packs in the F-16? I have several of these packs for other FW EDF’s. I am wondering if they would physically fit in the fuselage and if so, would they be to heavy since the recommended pack is the Admiral 6s 5000.
                                    Thanks, Travis
                                    I'm using an SMC 8000 mah pack weighing 903 gr and the 12 blade inrunner, so I think the Admiral should be OK. I forgot how much the current Admiral pack weighs, maybe something like close to 900 gr if I remember. Try the new HiV SMC 6200's at 848 gr, definitely one of the best packs around with a higher actual discharge rate.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh,
                                      Thanks. And you have no problem physically fitting the SMC 8000 in the F-16? When I talked to Motion tech support they thought the Admiral possibly might be to large to fit in the battery compartment.
                                      Travis

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickVn View Post

What kind of Poly product did you use to brighten her up and how did you apply it ? Looks great :-)
                                        I use MinWax Polycrylic Clear Gloss with foam brushes. It will really make the white and colors pop and give it a good protective coating as well. First light coat and scuff up with blue scrotch-brite pad, by scuff up I mean lightly run the pad over all coated surfaces. They 1 more coat alittle heavier and re-scuff again. Then a heavy last coat and it will shine.(no scuffing after last coat) Stay away from the control hinges with the coating.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                                          Hugh,
                                          Thanks. And you have no problem physically fitting the SMC 8000 in the F-16? When I talked to Motion tech support they thought the Admiral possibly might be to large to fit in the battery compartment.
                                          Travis
                                          No problem. Dimensions and weights are as follows:
                                          Admiral 6000 mah: 45X58X163 910 gr
                                          SMC 8100 mah: 45X62X160 903 gr
                                          SMC 6200 mah: 43X52X160 814 gr
                                          SMC HiV 6200 mah: 50X50X150 848 gr

Any of the SMC, IMO is a better option. The 8100 for longer flight times and the HiV 6200 for acrobatics. I fly off of grass so I need the superior performance of higher discharge rate for take-offs, although the 8100 gets off just fine.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X