Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Anyone else chompin' at the bit for the FW 90mm SUPER SCALE F-16?

Three morning flights edited together. Last one took flame piece out and added on board cam for stunts. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrqU...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Really nice flying. I might have to get one of these soon:)

Comment

Some frown on trying to glide the F-16 in and although it is certainly not advisable for a beginner what would you do in an apparent F-16 dead stick situation? Looks like Doug is getting in the practice and handling it pretty well. I need to practice some of these myself although I've done one or two of these before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKz9-Jj8Qo

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBggR9UGOc&feature=youtu.be

Comment

Gravity is a mo-fo, ouch!

And that is one reason we F-15 crew chiefs referred to the F-16 as a "lawn dart".
            Off with one helluva roar!
            AMA 1085465

Comment

Repeat of the failed maneuver.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZjTIIH3CE

Comment

Kissed the runway :D
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg1vN7OP5HA

Comment

Greetings URRL,

Sweet Video!!! and Flight!!!

I especially enjoyed the shots of your observers!!

Thanks for sharing......

Clear Skies

Bill L.
                  In OKla.

Comment

"Pucker factor" was high there!
                    AMA 1085465

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
                      Here's another flight
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzM2Qyf4Q0I

Comment

Watching the horizontal stabs deflect is awesome!

Great stuff!

Kevin
                        AMA 1085465

Comment

Some more acrobatics
                          General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Aircraft Model), Flight (Quotation Subject)

Comment

Originally posted by urrl
                            Some more acrobatics
                            General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Aircraft Model), Flight (Quotation Subject)
                            Wow, very nice! So how does this one compare to the F-104 Starfighter? Is one easier to fly than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Loneflier
                              Originally posted by urrl
                              Some more acrobatics
                              Wow, very nice! So how does this one compare to the F-104 Starfighter? Is one easier to fly than the other?
                              The F-16 is heavier and that seems to translate to more stability. She has a tendency to float on landing and drop to the ground unless balanced correctly. I began my flights nose heavy to curb this behavior until my landing experience with the jet improved. For me electric brakes are necessary for worry free landings.

Comment

I am so chompin!!! I love this bird and anyone see the new flight video?? Here it is: https://youtu.be/CZMwCrU01S0
                                I'm soooo hyped!!!
                                Because I was Inverted... :)
                                HOO-AH!!

Comment

Yesterday's morning flight
                                  These jets have not been flown for quite a while since I purchased my F-15 and F-104 so I decided to take them out of moth balls this morning. The F-5 is an ...

[hr]
                                  IMO the F-16 has a better thrust to weight ratio, looping easier than the F-15 and probably faster, however the F-15 is easier to fly and land, and is now my preferred jet.

Comment

Comment

F-16 with missiles look stunning.

Comment

Hi Guys 

Just thought I would post what I use for my settings on the DX9 radio. Please note the flap and elevator position and speed delay. 

here are the radio settings that I use on my F-16.

dual rates on all surfaces
                                        med 75%

high 125% 
                                        expo 50% on all settings

I use the following switches for the dual rates 
                                        aileron is F switch
                                        elevator is C switch
                                        rudder is G swithch 

Flaps are as follows 
                                        0 position happens to be 0 for me
                                        1 take of flap -52 elevator+19
                                        2 landing flap -100 elevator +28
                                        switch D
                                        speed 4 second delay

Remember when coming in for a landing have your throttle at 1/2 as your deploying half flaps. If you have the throttle any more it will pitch the nose down that's bad. Once you are on final have your throttle to 1/4 and drop landing flaps. You will be able to turn the jet left and right just fine but it is sluggish if you try and make a turn in the air like your turn on final is not a good idea. You are looking for the nose to go to high alpha (or nose high attitude) this is correct and come in at a good 45% glide slope. Use power to correct for pitch for altitude to keep it on the 45% attitude. Pretty much once the plane is about to touch down then cut the throttle and hold some up elevator if needed. 

If you have other questions please ask or anything else you would like to know.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Comment

G'day fellas, just new to the forum, finding my way around.

Figured I'd share one of my f16 vids. Nice to see some familiar electronic signatures. :)

http://youtu.be/TvEhfSYS3y4

Sorry. Like I said new to the forum and not sure how to post the vid so it shows up in the thread here like urrls.

Edit: found it. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X