Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Anyone else chompin' at the bit for the FW 90mm SUPER SCALE F-16?

Originally posted by Shirty
    G'day fellas, just new to the forum, finding my way around.

Figured I'd share one of my f16 vids. Nice to see some familiar electronic signatures. :)

http://youtu.be/TvEhfSYS3y4

Sorry. Like I said new to the forum and not sure how to post the vid so it shows up in the thread here like urrls.
    Nice vid Shirty!!!! Dramatic!! And you guys have an INCREDIBLE FIELD TO FLY FROM!! Where is that?
    Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by urrl
      Originally posted by Loneflier
      Originally posted by urrl
      Some more acrobatics
      General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Aircraft Model), Flight (Quotation Subject)
      Wow, very nice! So how does this one compare to the F-104 Starfighter? Is one easier to fly than the other?
      The F-16 is heavier and that seems to translate to more stability. She has a tendency to float on landing and drop to the ground unless balanced correctly. I began my flights nose heavy to curb this behavior until my landing experience with the jet improved. For me electric brakes are necessary for worry free landings.
      Originally posted by Flygirl
      Originally posted by Shirty
      G'day fellas, just new to the forum, finding my way around.

Figured I'd share one of my f16 vids. Nice to see some familiar electronic signatures. :)

http://youtu.be/TvEhfSYS3y4

Sorry. Like I said new to the forum and not sure how to post the vid so it shows up in the thread here like urrls.
      Nice vid Shirty!!!! Dramatic!! And you guys have an INCREDIBLE FIELD TO FLY FROM!! Where is that?
      Thanks. That's in Perth, Western Australia. My club is in a wildlife reserve so only issue is kangaroos early in the mornings, and snakes in summer. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
        I know first-hand the work that went into the development for this gorgeous bird...I cannot wait to get my hands on her!  It's rare that I don't have some re-paint/scale work to do when I get a new foam warbird and this looks like it will be one of those rare times.  Anyone else chompin' at the bit?
        Getting ready to button mine up. Need to install the ESC and power up the motor. Just finished the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9lMCqoAV0
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wow ColtPilot that is a gorgeous cockpit! Thanks for sharing. Did you hand paint all these over plastic or card stock? Or print them as a custom decal?
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Ok GUYS! I need help! I have had a tough time landing my F-16. I have it setup on 8S and have been scrupulous re setting the Cg per manual. I even had a very experienced turbine f-16 pilot fly it. HE had a tough time landing and I had to replace the gear. So, I am thinking maybe to change the radio setup entirely by going to the new Spektrum ART9350 receiver so I an use AS3X for gyro stabilization AND add flaperons to tame the landings a bit.
            My issue is that I have NO idea where to set the gain values for the AR9350 setup using the iphone app to program it.
            Does anyone here know how to do this? If so, would you be willing to share your setup file for the DX9?
            Maybe I should just give up and go back to 6S to decrease the weight.
            Thanks for your help. I am pulling out what little hair I have remaining

Comment

• Sorry to hear you are having trouble mate and I use futaba so can't help you there sorry. I've found with my f16 (though it's just 6s), that carrying a little extra speed (bit more than you really need), into landing has helped me grease it more often. I'd imagine like any heavy bird with a smaller wing area, (turbines a good example), they don't react well to low landing speeds for the most part. Not saying this is your issue, just trying to help. What exactly is happening? I can't imagine the 16 would be much different from the 15 on 8s, (yes the 15 flies a little better, but not a huge difference in the scheme of things).

Comment

• Hi Shirty:
                Mine just seems to need a LOT of speed! Wings get a bit tipsy. I feel certain it is edging towards stalling. i had hoped adding flaperons as well as the AS3X techmology would improve lower speed handling. I know it is heavy. Mine is really heavy set up with 8S and an aftermarket fan from Gary at Efflux RC. May end up ripping the fan out and buying a stock 6S setup for it. That is if it doesn't splatter all over the runway first! I plan to try again to decipher the somewhat cryptic video instructions on the Horizon web site tomorrow in hopes of another go with it this weekend. I really had hoped someone blessed with more grey matter than me would have already done this for the DX 9 and be willing to share the setup file on here. I guess I will be a pioneer. You can always spot pioneers- they are the ones with the arrows through their heads!!

Comment

• OOPS! forgot. Congrats on your video Shirty. great work. Are you a professional videographer?

Comment

• Thanks mate. No, I just make these RC vids for fun when I have some spare time. I enjoy the editing process, and just a bit of fun like I said. I'm strictly an amateur with the camera and movie making. I used to make some dive videos, so I do know a bit about it, but just starting making RC vids a couple of years ago to feed my passion for the hobby when I couldn't fly, and share with my mates. Think I've got a bit carried away by it lol.

A fair few guys fly the 16 with a tailerons/flap mix, and I'd expect flaps would help quite a bit, but I just land mine hot with no flaps or gyros or anything. The gear has stood up really well, I'd love to say I grease it every time but I've had a few harder touchdowns due to the speed I come in at, and no issues at all with the 16 so far. I'm sure some of the guys that have spektrum and do mixes will chime in. Or try messaging a bloke like tcat, he's always happy to help people and knows a lot about edfs and mixes. (Much as it pains me to say it, if you try the RCG thread I'm sure you will get a answer about mixes pretty quick. Heaps of guys have done it on that thread and a lot use spektrum). Best of luck mate, hope you get a handle on it soon. :)

Comment

•  

Comment

• Morning Flights

Comment

• Great vids urrl. :) afterburner looks wicked, esp in that light.

Comment

• Thanks much appreciated :)

Comment

• No owls were harmed in this video but it was a close call.

Comment

• Nice videos.

I ordered mine, should be here on this week. Looking forward to getting some flights with this gorgeous jet.

Comment

• I'm really loving my F-16. All stock, except for the addition of the HobbyEagle A3L.
                                  With music
                                  Flying the Freewing 90mm F-16 EDF jet. Guided by the Spektrum DX9

Comment

• Without Music
                                    Late afternoon flight of the Freewing 90mm F-16.

Comment

• Great flights; I see real piloting skills there. Thanks for sharing!
                                      Here's one I did this morning attempting what I do with my F-15 but it's just not happening. The main LG on the F-16 seem too far back for wheelies.

Comment

• urrl, I see your vids all the time in the other forum and they all deserve positive comment and thanks. I won't post there anymore so I'll say it here. Really great stuff!
                                        I've only flown mine twice and it's off a plush grass strip. I even got the "high speed" version hoping that will help with getting up to speed in the distance I've got. Next, I'll try 1/2 flaps to see if the distance can be shortened even more. I was reluctant to use flaps for take off as doing so with my 70mm, 6s Yak proved that 1/2 flaps created so much resistance that the plane could not get enough speed to get off the ground. Once I rolled with no flaps, it took off easily.
                                        I'm thinking each EDF will respond differently to flaps on take off, so I'll give it a try on the F-16 next time out.

Comment

• well id love to have a f16 but I swore off GRAY airplanes after my A10 camoed aginst the gray clouds and couldn't tell what it was doing and lost it....now the t bird f16 looks like something I could get into lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X