X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
    well id love to have a f16 but I swore off GRAY airplanes after my A10 camoed aginst the gray clouds and couldn't tell what it was doing and lost it....now the t bird f16 looks like something I could get into lol
    Hmmmmm Hadn't thought of that....
    Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
      urrl, I see your vids all the time in the other forum and they all deserve positive comment and thanks. I won't post there anymore so I'll say it here. Really great stuff!
      I've only flown mine twice and it's off a plush grass strip. I even got the "high speed" version hoping that will help with getting up to speed in the distance I've got. Next, I'll try 1/2 flaps to see if the distance can be shortened even more. I was reluctant to use flaps for take off as doing so with my 70mm, 6s Yak proved that 1/2 flaps created so much resistance that the plane could not get enough speed to get off the ground. Once I rolled with no flaps, it took off easily.
      I'm thinking each EDF will respond differently to flaps on take off, so I'll give it a try on the F-16 next time out.
      Wow.... Wonder if my Rebel will be like that? Haven't flown it yet...
      Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
        well id love to have a f16 but I swore off GRAY airplanes after my A10 camoed aginst the gray clouds and couldn't tell what it was doing and lost it....now the t bird f16 looks like something I could get into lol
        There is also the red, white and blue Thunderbirds scheme, which is predominantly white.
        F-16 Fighting Falcon Thunderbirds 90mm EDF PNP Jet from Freewing - FJ30621P

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Wow.... Wonder if my Rebel will be like that? Haven't flown it yet...
          Looking at the specs, I'd say you won't have any problems with the Rebel. It's flying weight is only 900 grams and is even lighter than my RocHobby S. Scorpion, which can easily be hand thrown. I would suggest trying it with 1/2 flaps on a full throttle take off run but be ready to shut it down in plenty of time before you run out of runway. That Rebel should be able to rip up the skies pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
            Looking at the specs, I'd say you won't have any problems with the Rebel. It's flying weight is only 900 grams and is even lighter than my RocHobby S. Scorpion, which can easily be hand thrown. I would suggest trying it with 1/2 flaps on a full throttle take off run but be ready to shut it down in plenty of time before you run out of runway. That Rebel should be able to rip up the skies pretty good.
            Thanks Vipe!!! Get to try it out this weekend. FINALLY, we get some good weather!
            Lauren

Comment

• Hoping to install this in my F-16 also, perhaps with even more whistles.

Comment

• I have 6 weeks in Jacksonville so I joined the club there. The F-16 now has three Nerf Vortex whistles aft of the fan implanted in the fan cover.

Comment

• I miss the owls!!! :) The whistle sounds cool though!
                  Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                    I have 6 weeks in Jacksonville so I joined the club there. The F-16 now has three Nerf Vortex whistles aft of the fan implanted in the fan cover.
                    Nerf Vortex whistles? How far after of the fan did you mount them? Got any pics? Sounds pretty good. I might like to experiment with some on mine.

Steve

Comment

• Sorry, I just saw your mod video. Duuhh....I understand what you did. Sounds good and I like the flying video as well.

Steve

Comment

• Saturday morning jet flights.

Comment

• Roy did another great paint job with his F-16

Comment

• Flygirl I'm back in Weston with the owls. I met Sammy for the first time...

Comment

• Morning flight.

Comment

• Ok, FINALLY have the big F-16 about ready. I'm planning on doing the maiden flight on Saturday if all goes well. It's completely stock and I'll be running the Admiral 6s 5000mah. I have it set up with control throws and cg as per the manual. If anyone has any suggestions that you'd like to share, please do. Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Don't get caught up in flight. Once trimmed concentrate on landing approaches until you are ready to land.

Comment

• Shot these photos of the 90mm Freewing F-16 today. This is the first one I have seen fly in person ... I was impressed! Pilot was not running the stock power system. I think he said it was an 8S system from Gary at EffluxRC?

Comment

• wow, great pics!!

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                                        Don't get caught up in flight. Once trimmed concentrate on landing approaches until you are ready to land.
                                        Some of the best advice I have heard about a maiden with a big heavy EDF!! By the time you get it trimmed you don't have much more time to do anything! The only thing I might add is this... Once you take off concentrate on getting the plane in the air and flying flat and level, regardless of what the trim may actually be. Get the gear up, climb up make a gradual turn but keep climbing! You want altitude so that you can feel comfy getting the trim done. Also cut back throttle to about 1/2 as soon as you can to save battery and allow for reserve should anything go wrong on the landing approach. Doing this has saved me big time with my 90mm F-15.. my first 5 flights were all emergency landings... had I not done what I listed above they all would have been crashes....
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• The white was yellowing and the dings prompted a make-over.

Comment

Working...
                                          X