Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good looking birds EDFjetpilot.
    :Cool:
    Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• Great video and great birds guys, on my bucket list !

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Morning flights

Comment

• Urrl, looks like you have the F-16 dialed in great, what kinda of setup are you using? Flapperons with elevator mix or something different?

Comment

• Great flight urrl, always enjoy your videos. Donu, no special mixes to fly this bird, I have flown almost all the 90mm FW jets and this one by far is my favorite, it will fly slow high alpha no problem, it flies so good fast or slow and in stock form, the whole set up is CG and a good battery. The landings take time to learn but after say 25 flights or so you figure it out, yeah it's heavy but once you learn how to use the energy to fly it scale, it is so fun to watch.

I need to get a video one of the these days, what camera do you guys use for this type of filming????

Comment

• DCorsair, are you setting your battery per the MRC flight video for correct CG and are you flying it with expo on high rate? Thanks By the way I use a Sony Professional HD camera from the ground and a Möbius 2 on the planes. Once I get it dialed in I'll put out a video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donu View Post
                Urrl, looks like you have the F-16 dialed in great, what kinda of setup are you using? Flapperons with elevator mix or something different?
                No flaperons, just stock set up. No elevator mix but considering that since it likes to jump into the air on take off.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I need to get a video one of the these days, what camera do you guys use for this type of filming????
                  I'm using the Canon G20. I was thinking of selling it for a G30 or G40 since it only has 10x zoom

Comment

• I haven't watched the MRC video so I don't know what they are setting the CG at, this jet needs to be right to enjoy it's flight envelope that it has, I think that is why some people buy it and then don't like it, you have to fly it, set the CG, fly it some more, move the CG forward or back and fly it some more, it has a wide range for the CG so that is a good thing but if your off on the maiden flight, that could be not so good when trying to land it for the first time, nose heavy is way better for landing but it takes longer to rotate, rear CG rotates smoother but can be a handful trying to land if you fall behind on power and use to much elevator.

My settings for the CG are 110mm-112mm or 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 inches measured as per the manual, I measure with the gear down and upright, it comes out to about where the first carbon rod goes through the wing, you should be able to see the slots on the bottom side. I have flown at the stock setting 118mm and it works too after you have several flights on it, if it's your maiden I wouldn't use the 118mm CG, better to keep it around 112mm.

Elevator 25mm up/down.......no expo or dual rates
                    Aileron 30mm up/down........no expo or dual rates
                    Rudder is whatever you like, don't need much for steering.

Less aileron is okay but when you slow this jet down to turn final the ailerons tend to get mushy so if you run them at 30mm it helps, anything less and you feel like your running out of aileron. By the way I have well over a hundred + flights on the F-16 so I can tell you it flies great once you figure it out.

Comment

• Can someone help me out? I have a freewing f 22 w/60 amp speed control and a3500 motor and I am getting an admiral 2500 50c battery, should it go all the way forward or all the way back?the 2200 work ed fine all the way up front.

Comment

• The grey is difficult to make out at a distance so I decided to add color.... I was searching for a good scheme when I saw the new Air Force aggressor splinter type....

so, I copied this....

Comment

• This is how it came out...

i left the bottom grey... with some patches of another grey to break it up a bit ... just really want to be able to tell top from bottom

Comment

• Very nice.

Comment

• Very cool; reminds me of the SU35.

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                                This is how it came out...

i left the bottom grey... with some patches of another grey to break it up a bit ... just really want to be able to tell top from bottom
                                Like it :Cool: Super good looking!
                                Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• Looks great! I like your idea of being a little off scale by leaving the bottom grey...best for safe flight orientation.

Sean

Comment

• Thanks.... yeah full scale would have basically been the same..... needed some contrast between top and bottom

Comment

• It was a nice day for a crash...or two.

Comment

•  

Comment

• I maidened a friends 90mm Thunderbird today...Very pleasant plane to fly!!
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X